"Keeping The Faith" vinyl?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cass

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
My local second hand music shop changed hands a few months ago. I sure am going to miss the previous owner who knew I loved U2 and knew I was....financially challenged. He sure sold me some bargains :hug: Chris :wave:
I chatted with the new guy yesterday for the first time, he seems OK. These things take time.
Anyway, he didn't have what i was looking for but he did have a U2 record in his "collectibles" section.
U2- Keeping The Faith, Stockholm 1985. It is a bootleg with a very nice blue cover. He says it is in perfect condition and he wants $50 Australian for it
:faint:
Could it possibly be worth that?
I told him my dream is to find U2 -1 in an op shop for 50cents one day :D
Did any of those ever make it to Australia? Maybe.... there are a lot of Irish people here. I'll keep looking.

Well, I'm personally of the opinion that bootlegs aren't worth anything. Nowadays it's so easy to get them for free over the Internet (either directly or by trading). AFAIK U2 vinyl bootlegs aren't collectable at all (maybe, but just maybe the original Achtung Baby bootleg vinyls). BTW, is this a double album, or just a single (meaning it only has part of the concert). I know that concert is quite widespread, although I don't have it myself (or I would've sent a copy to you).

Anyway, I don't think it's worth that much, but if you're into such things it's always a question what it is worth to you.

C ya!

Marty

P.S. I just noticed your updated sig. :sad: Great lyric, but such a sad song...

cass said:
My local second hand music shop changed hands a few months ago. I sure am going to miss the previous owner who knew I loved U2 and knew I was....financially challenged. He sure sold me some bargains :hug: Chris :wave:
I chatted with the new guy yesterday for the first time, he seems OK. These things take time.
Anyway, he didn't have what i was looking for but he did have a U2 record in his "collectibles" section.
U2- Keeping The Faith, Stockholm 1985. It is a bootleg with a very nice blue cover. He says it is in perfect condition and he wants $50 Australian for it
:faint:
Could it possibly be worth that?
I told him my dream is to find U2 -1 in an op shop for 50cents one day :D
Did any of those ever make it to Australia? Maybe.... there are a lot of Irish people here. I'll keep looking.

I wouldnt waste your money. As Popmartijn indicated it may not even be both volumes. This bootleg was released in two volumes (1 and 2) and were not put together. There is also a CD boot of the same with the same title. The recording isnt even that great of one. There are WAY better audience recordings from 84 and 85 over Stockholm. I have the original CD boots of this bootleg and I wish I hadnt wasted my money back in 1990 when I purchased them. I have probebly around 50 to 60 vinyl bootlegs and I dont think they are worth much at all (although some of the artwork is pretty cool). I would just stick to trading personally and not purchase boots. There really is no reason to any longer with CDR's.

thanks for the reply and advice guys...it was only a single LP record and I must admit it was mainly the cover photos that lured me. I wonder if anyone will ever buy it from him? We'll see .

I asked him about Urban Dance Squad. No luck yet.
It is handy they are filed under "U".
emmylou:heart:

Back
Top Bottom