I Still Haven't Found Those 'Joshua Tree' CD Singles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BulletTheBlue

Babyface
I REALLY want to get my hands on at least ONE U2 CD single from "The Joshua Tree". With or Without You, I Still Haven't Found..., Where The Streets Have No Name, or In God's Country are the ones that I know of, but want to get. I prefer that they're not used, but if they are, I'd like 'em to be in mint condition.

So far in my collection I have:
1. Boy
2. October
3. War
4. LIVE: Under A Blood Red Sky
5. The Unforgettable Fire
6. Wide Awake In America
7. The Joshua Tree
8. Rattle and Hum
9. Mysterious Ways (CD single/5 mixes)
10. One (CD single)
11. Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses (CD single)
12. Achtung Baby
13. Zooropa
14. HM,TM,KM,KM (CD single from Batman Forever)
15. If God Will Send His Angels (CD single)
16. Pop
17. Best of 1980-1990 (2 CD)
18. The Million Dollar Soundrack
...and for videos:
1. Rattle and Hum
2. Best of 1980-1990
(coming soon>>Popmart: Live From Mexico City)

Hey,

Good luck finding a JT single, new or used, CD or otherwise. I started collecting U2 singles in '97, and I had a heck of a time going as far back as "The Fly".

If you do come across a single or two online, let us know where.
smile.gif

------------------
- Achtung Bubba

Achtung Bubba, its to bad you didn't start in 1992 or 1993. All of U2's 12" singles were re-released on CD then and you could find them everywhere. They were imports from Germany I believe. I will have to take a look at mine again to be sure. I think your best bet would be a record store that carries imports and/or used cd's as I don't think they are making them any longer. Another good source might be Goldmine Magazine. I have seen some of them in there before. Good Luck! I wish U2 would issue all of their early 45 singles that were on CBS in Ireland on CD.

[This message has been edited by Blue Room (edited 08-24-2000).]

Thanks... eventually I'm going to have to start *really* hunting down singles, but since a lot of b-sides was released with the Best Of 1980-1990 and I have so many Achtung Baby and POP singles, I'm not losing too much sleep.
smile.gif

------------------
- Achtung Bubba

I've tried. There are NO stores that deal in hard-to-find records and CD's. I've tried Esprit, CDNOW, Ebay, Amazon, U2Store.com, and more (for the internet). Are there any internet sites that I can buy Joshua Tree CD singles from, at a semi-reasonable price? I missed U2's best album singles and now I'm "paying" for it. Any other suggestions? By the way; thanks, you guys for helping me anyway. I appreciate it.

Also, don't forget that "One Tree Hill" was a single in New Zealand and I believe Aussie also. That'd be quite the collectors piece!

Dr_Macphisto said:
Also, don't forget that "One Tree Hill" was a single in New Zealand and I believe Aussie also. That'd be quite the collectors piece!

I'm not sure One Tree Hill and In God's Country were released as a CD single though. If it was, it was VERY limited. I have the vinyl 45 single of One Tree but I have never seen a CD listed or cataloged. But its possible it exists. Someone here will know for sure.

All I'm aware of is the original Joshua Tree singles that were actually issued in 1987. WOWY, ISHFWILF and Streets were issued on a very limited basis on CD. They all came in a cardboard gatefold that was sort of a mini version of the 12" vinyl singles of the same. I have WOWY and Streets in the original gatefold but have never located ISHFWILF as an original. Then they were re-issued in the early 90's along with all of U2's 12" singles (starting with the "Fire" 12" single) in jewel case form by a company in Germany. These will be way easier to track down versus the original gatefold versions. The reissues did not include One Tree Hill or In God's Country though.

Back
Top Bottom