I need a little help with this cd

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

salty72

The Fly
I have an original pressing of the Westwood One Zoo TV Sydney radio broadcast. The track listing on the cds is quite awkward. Example: track 1 contains the first 7 songs of the show, track 2 the next 7 and so and so on. How would I go about creating a cd of this recording with track divisions? I was given instructions before on how to do it but the person who gave me the instructions uses Nero(which I don't use). Is there a free software download I can use to create track divisions? Some step by step instructions would be nice.

Since someone has already gone through the trouble of indexing it, why not just find someone to trade for it? There is a version which is just indexed with all the commercials still present, and then there is a version where all the commercials have been removed. It might be easier to look for those than to do it yourself.

(I'm on a Mac, so I don't know what PC software there is)

Get Exact Audio Copy
Configure for your CD Drive
Extract Audio to WAV files
Use CD WAV to divide files
mkwACT to shn
Send me a copy :)

U2Lynne and Chrisedge, would you two like a copy of the Westwood One Sydney show? I'm not sure if I'll be able to create one with track divisions, but I'd more than happy to trade you a burned copy of the original set I have. Email me if your interested.
salty72@yahoo.com

Hi Salty72. I actually already have this one, which is why I was telling Chris he should put it on his Wish List. Perhaps Chris will take you up on your kind offer.

salty72 said:
I'm not sure if I'll be able to create one with track divisions, ...

Sometimes I miss some of the post when I reply quickly.... anyway Salty72, my copy is indexed and the commercials edited out (although the radio intros and outros are still in), so if you decide not to do it on your own, holler and we can work something out.

Last edited:
is it really better?

U2Lynne said:

Hi Chris,

I dont' know if you trade much for audio boots anymore, but the Westwood One shows are definately worth putting on your Wish List. I know they are up there on mine!

I was wondering if the quality of WOne Sydney is really better than an audio copy straight from the commercial video?
I have the Westwood One radio show from Dublin 1993 and that one isn't really better than my Zooropa 1993 RDS original cd. On the other hand, I like the Two Sides live radio show Boston 1981 more than the Another Time Another Place CD.

BTW, has anyone seen copies of the Sydney and Sarajevo Westwood One shows on Direct Connect?

I've got the Sydney 'Zooropa' boot (which isn't from the video since it has TTTYAATW and the full confessionals) and the Westwood One version. I really like the Westwood One version better than the other. The same thing for my 'Miss Sarajevo' boot and the Westwood One Sarajevo version, I like the Westwood One version better.

There is not some huge difference and if you have one of the other (non-Westwood One) shows you certainly don't *need* this version. However, a while ago when I was trying to figure out what boots I didn't have that I was willing to trade for (I'm trying to cut back on trading, so I made a Wish List and am trying to only trade for those), these Westwood One versions made it on there and I certainly haven't been disappointed.

U2Lynne said:
I've got the Sydney 'Zooropa' boot (which isn't from the video since it has TTTYAATW and the full confessionals) and the Westwood One version. I really like the Westwood One version better than the other. The same thing for my 'Miss Sarajevo' boot and the Westwood One Sarajevo version, I like the Westwood One version better.

OK, so if I am correct the Westwood One Sydney show hasn?t got a better sound than the commercial video? That?s what I wanted to ask because I don?t need that copy if it has no better sound than the video and it hasn?t got TTTYAATW either...

Miss Sarajevo is the worst recording I've heard of the Sarajevo broadcast, so I am wondering if the Westwood One version is better than my own Sarajevo cd's, which are way better than Miss Sarajevo...

BTW Don't you think it's annoying that those Westwood One recordings have breaks in the show? Personally I would prefer a clean broadcast-recording without interruptions instead of a pre-FM show with fade in/fade out between the songs...

Soulrock2 said:
OK, so if I am correct the Westwood One Sydney show hasn?t got a better sound than the commercial video?
I don't have the bootleg version you have of Sydney, so I couldn't possibly compare them.

Miss Sarajevo is the worst recording I've heard of the Sarajevo broadcast, so I am wondering if the Westwood One version is better than my own Sarajevo cd's, which are way better than Miss Sarajevo...

Well, of all the boots listed for Sarajevo on FLOM, Miss Sarajevo is one of the better ones (very good broadcast compared to just good broadcast). I've also heard the 'Sarajevo' boot (with 16 on D1/10 on D2) and I think they are similar in quality. But, once again, I couldn't possibly compare the version you have to the Westwood One version because I don't have your version to compare.

BTW Don't you think it's annoying that those Westwood One recordings have breaks in the show?

Actually, it doesn't bother me that much for some reason perhaps because I think of it as a broadcast, not as a live show (if that makes any sense).

You know, it really doesn't matter what I think, because I am a totally different person than you and I listen on a different stereo system (iMac, car stereo, and hafler/KEF home system) and I like different sounds than you (I *hate* too much bass which some people love and I *like* some crowd noise and actually prefer some audience recordings over the (flat) soundboard versions). Rating bootlegs is *very* subjective!

U2Lynne said:

I don't have the bootleg version you have of Sydney, so I couldn't possibly compare them.

Well, of all the boots listed for Sarajevo on FLOM, Miss Sarajevo is one of the better ones (very good broadcast compared to just good broadcast). I've also heard the 'Sarajevo' boot (with 16 on D1/10 on D2) and I think they are similar in quality. But, once again, I couldn't possibly compare the version you have to the Westwood One version because I don't have your version to compare.

Actually, it doesn't bother me that much for some reason perhaps because I think of it as a broadcast, not as a live show (if that makes any sense).

You know, it really doesn't matter what I think, because I am a totally different person than you and I listen on a different stereo system (iMac, car stereo, and hafler/KEF home system) and I like different sounds than you (I *hate* too much bass which some people love and I *like* some crowd noise and actually prefer some audience recordings over the (flat) soundboard versions). Rating bootlegs is *very* subjective!

I agree! But... I check you page (and Justin's page) very often to see your comments and they are very helpful!!

And now back to my main question: do you think the Westwood One Sydney cd's have better soundquality than the commercial video or is it the same source? So I am not comparing the audio between bootleg cd's, but between the WO cd's and the commercial video.
If you don't have the commercial video, forget I asked the above question...

BTW, Thanks for responding! As mentioned earlier, I really like your page! It's very useful! (It kinda starts where FLOM ends, if that makes any sense...)

Last edited:
Soulrock2 said:
And now back to my main question: do you think the Westwood One Sydney cd's have better soundquality than the commercial video or is it the same source? So I am not comparing the audio between bootleg cd's, but between the WO cd's and the commercial video.
If you don't have the commercial video, forget I asked the above question...
I really don't know. I do have the commercial video, however my VCR is hooked up to a different TV than the one with the stereo speakers and so I have to listen to it through the TV speakers. But, if I were to guess, I would say they are very much the same.

BTW, Thanks for responding! As mentioned earlier, I really like your page! It's very useful! (It kinda starts where FLOM ends, if that makes any sense...)
Thank you! Actually, alot of comments that I have are from Justin (I've tried to label them and yes, it's with his permission). It's just been in the last six or so months that I've started to write my own comments about the shows. I've always found it helpful to read 'reviews' before I've gone and made a trade and so I'm trying to offer mine. I'm glad that you find them helpful.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom