Help with Another Day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SLG

Babyface
Hello all

I'm an old time U2 fan who fell out of love with the band after he got stitched up by Propganda on the Zooropa tour (priority tickets = Back of Wembley it seems)

Anyway, I've started collecting again (interest kicked off again by the remasters) and I have picked up 2 copies of Another Day and would like to try to get some info on them and was hoping you guys can help me.

First one - The sleeve has Grafotone on it and has the thumb hole cut on the back which would suggest it was a 'first run'. However, the vinyl has the red centre which I thought was just for the 4 plays?
Also there is nothing written in the run out on the A-Side and cbs 8306 cbs u2 irl b2 and then a little sketch of a matchstick man. Is this a legit copy and how can I tell if it's a fake?

The second is on Purple vinyl and I bought it from someone who classed it as a 're-issue'. Was this single re-issued or is this a fake copy?

Lastly, is there a resource on the 'net for all this info?

Thanks guys

Andi

My gut tells me the purple is a fake, I think they were only on yellow, orange, white and brown mispress, but I could be wrong. Did either come with the postcard drawn by Bono? Another Day is one I'm still missing, I'm holding out for an original with the postcard.

Another good site that is helpful is u2discography.free.fr

My gut tells me the purple is a fake, I think they were only on yellow, orange, white and brown mispress, but I could be wrong. Did either come with the postcard drawn by Bono? Another Day is one I'm still missing, I'm holding out for an original with the postcard.

Another good site that is helpful is u2discography.free.fr

Neither have postcards

Btw thanks for the help guys

Back
Top Bottom