foto coexist - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Still Haven't Found What You're Looking For? > All I Want Is U2
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 04-02-2006, 10:58 AM   #1
The Fly
 
dutchfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 150
Local Time: 11:12 PM
foto coexist

Hello world,

Does anybody had a clear picture of the Coexist sign? I want to make a tshirt of it....

tnx a million
Dutchfan
__________________

dutchfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 01:09 PM   #2
The Fly
 
dutchfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 150
Local Time: 11:12 PM
Nobody has a clear picture of the screen made by a concert??

help :-))
__________________

dutchfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 04:49 PM   #3
Fan & Taper
 
Chrisedge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: So Cal
Posts: 2,265
Local Time: 03:12 PM
http://coexistonline.com/ The logo was created by Piotr Mlodozeneic, and is protected under copyright laws...
Chrisedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 07:05 PM   #4
The Fly
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 271
Local Time: 10:12 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Chrisedge
http://coexistonline.com/ The logo was created by Piotr Mlodozeneic, and is protected under copyright laws...
True but that link is to the coexist line created by the duo of Univ. of Indiana guys who essentially lifted Piotr Mlodozeneic's design. Meanwhile the poor original artist never got properly acknowledged or paid by these guys let alone U2. Early last year I bought a real coexist shirt from art shop of the museum in Israel Piotr Mlodozeneic donated his original display. Got it for $12 with a kind note from the artist. Stay away from the coexist clothing line - if you notice from that link, their shirts are only in the highest end boutiques for $60-$80. And we wonder why we're seen as Ugly Americans.
soundmercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 11:54 PM   #5
The Fly
 
dutchfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 150
Local Time: 11:12 PM
welll i never saw a shirt off it.....i wanted to make one :-) for me

But if it was in the goodiebag, if the artist never got paid for it.....well.....euh...
Soundmercury can i reach the artist somewhere? I am for fair trade....
dutchfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 11:50 AM   #6
Babyface
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 10
Local Time: 10:12 PM
If you want to buy one for $15 from the originator of the sign, go to the Museum on the Seam web site > shop > t-shirts.


soundmercury's description is pretty accurate. you can get more information at atu2.com and search on coexist.
fightin irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 05:24 PM   #7
The Fly
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 271
Local Time: 10:12 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by fightin irish
If you want to buy one for $15 from the originator of the sign, go to the Museum on the Seam web site > shop > t-shirts.


soundmercury's description is pretty accurate. you can get more information at atu2.com and search on coexist.
Museum on the Seam was where I got the shirt for $12 plus shipping a little over a year ago. Don't give any money to those yahoos who stole the logo!
soundmercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 02:11 AM   #8
The Fly
 
dutchfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 150
Local Time: 11:12 PM
I sent an email to the museum. Thats more fair!
tnx..
dutchfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 02:19 PM   #9
The Fly
 
dutchfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 150
Local Time: 11:12 PM
omg...the person who answers the emails in the museum is so friendly!
I car really recommand it: if you want the tshirts....i will recieve them within two weeks....just before I go to dublin....ladiladilaaaaa
dutchfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 05:20 PM   #10
Fan & Taper
 
Chrisedge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: So Cal
Posts: 2,265
Local Time: 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by soundmercury


True but that link is to the coexist line created by the duo of Univ. of Indiana guys who essentially lifted Piotr Mlodozeneic's design. Meanwhile the poor original artist never got properly acknowledged or paid by these guys let alone U2. Early last year I bought a real coexist shirt from art shop of the museum in Israel Piotr Mlodozeneic donated his original display. Got it for $12 with a kind note from the artist. Stay away from the coexist clothing line - if you notice from that link, their shirts are only in the highest end boutiques for $60-$80. And we wonder why we're seen as Ugly Americans.
Good info! I wondered about that since I remember the original website from last year, yet when I saw the "new site" I figured he licensed the logo to someone to market it a bit better.

Oh well.
__________________

Chrisedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:12 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com
×