DVD Suggestions Needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PAU2FAN

Babyface
Hello everybody. Wasn't sure where to put this thread but thought this could be a good spot for it.

I have a friend who has heard U2 rather casually over the years but really doesn't "know" their music well. Knowing that I'm a big U2 fan my buddy mentioned seeing U2 perform City Of Blinding Lights Live in Los Angeles on an HBO show called Entourage. He enjoyed the performance and now wants to see U2 in concert the next time they tour. I suggested in the meantime watching one of U2's concerts on DVD and my friend agreed.

So the question is: What is your suggestion for the best DVD for a newbie? The obvious candidates are the official releases: Vertigo Chicago, Elevation Boston, Elevation Slane. I'm not sure if there is a "good enough" non-official release for a 1st timer but wanted to hear suggestions on what you would show your friend knowing you have only 1 chance to make a good 1st impression.

My friend "likes" Blinding Lights and Vertigo so Chicago "should" be an easy choice. Personally I much prefer the 2 Elevation shows of the official releases but I'm not sure my personal feelings should get in the way.

What DVD showcases the boys from Dublin at their best while still offering a great set for a newbie?

THANKS!

Anybody?

What DVD would you show your good friend who's never really seen the band before?

If I've done something wrong by posing this question please tell me.

Does your friend own any U2 albums? Maybe if he prefers a certain era of their music that can help you choose.

No he doesn't own any of their albums at all. I actually just gave him all of my official released CD's so he could download them to his ipod. I chuckled when he called while downloading and said I've heard this song before, I didn't know U2 sang it - Pride.

He's a big Springsteen fan. He saw the U2 Rock N Roll HOF induction with the Bruce intro and enjoyed it. I just want to select a great concert which will show him why my own crazy level of insanity over the band is what it is.

So far we have

1-Chicago
1-Slane
1-HA ?

Keep em' coming please.

:hmm: Maybe for a start a DVD from Elevation tour, with all the hits in the setlist would be nice. Slane.

The Slane setlist does look better than Boston. Here are the songs not in common for each venue:

Slane 01 has:

New Year's Day
Out Of Control
Angel Of Harlem
Staring At The Sun
All I Want Is You
Pride
One

Boston 01 has:

Gone
New York
I Will Follow
In A Little While
Stay
Bad
The Fly

If an Elevation set is chosen it looks like Slane would be the best one. Is Chicago the best Vertigo show? And if so.....

Chicago or Slane?

Back
Top Bottom