Coloured Vinyl - Achtung Baby/Zooropa?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dexterror

Babyface
Has anyone come to a conclusion with all these coloured Zooropa vinyls that are flying around? I think i've come across, purple, red, orange and clear ones. Was Zooropa ever issued or reissued on colour vinyl? Or are these just knock offs, bootlegs? Usually im weary of anything that comes in a plain inner sleeve, which these all seem to. Apart from that its quite hard to tell?

Also Achtung Baby on red vinyl? I think it was issued in some countries, i forgot which ones? Is there anyway of telling if these are genuine?

I have a blue Vinyl of Zooropa that's likely a bootleg copy. The secret is in the codes imbedded on the wax. Check U2wanderer for the correct codes. Mine sadly has one digit wrong, but it does have an official sleeve and everything. Ah well, it's pretty.

Anyway to tell these things, u2wanderer.org is your best bet.

Colour vinyl of U2 albums are bootlegs. Picture discs too.
I think there's only one exception to each, UABRS did come in red (of course!) vinyl too. That one is rare though. And War was also officially released as a picture disc. I believe...

Lemon remixes US vinyl came on a transparent yellow vinyl, and the Lemon 10" was a yellow vinyl, I think these are the only U2 coloured vinyl i'll trust to be genuine.

I've also see Angel of Harlam on blue vinyl? I have no idea was this would be put out on coloured vinyl?

Lemon remixes US vinyl came on a transparent yellow vinyl, and the Lemon 10" was a yellow vinyl, I think these are the only U2 coloured vinyl i'll trust to be genuine.

I've also see Angel of Harlam on blue vinyl? I have no idea was this would be put out on coloured vinyl?

Yes, some singles were put out on coloured vinyl. I believe the ones from R&H (from the top of my head, only Angel Of Harlem and All I Want Is You were also released on coloured vinyl) are very rare.

HMTMKMKM is on red, there's also a Pride picture disk single and a shaped Unforgettable Fire picture single.
Just got the 12" yellow Lemon single last week- it is soooo cool!

Popmartijn said:
Yes, some singles were put out on coloured vinyl. I believe the ones from R&H (from the top of my head, only Angel Of Harlem and All I Want Is You were also released on coloured vinyl) are very rare.

There were only 100 of the purple AIWIY pressed, so they are extremely rare. That, the blue Angel of Harlem and the red UABRS are all Aussie pressings, I think.

HMTMKMKM is on red, there's also a Pride picture disk single and a shaped Unforgettable Fire picture single.
Just got the 12" yellow Lemon single last week- it is soooo cool!

How did i forget about HMTMKMKM on red, probably one of there most massed produced colour vinyl.

I think Desire was also on red vinyl in Australia?
Im not to bothered about picture disc's, something about them i don't like, maybe cuz you don't get a sleeve with them?

I need Lemon US remixes in yellow!!! Its does look very cool!

Back
Top Bottom