burn vob files to DVD question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2utah2U

The Fly
Hi, I'm sure I could search around and find some FAQ out there in cyberspace but grad school keeps me pretty busy and my time is, well, limited. I'm wondering if somebody could point me to a good FAQ that discusses how to take vob files and get them to a burned DVD. I've downloaded the torrent of the Santiago 2 DVD show and I've promised Ponkine a copy.

I'm using NeroVision Express 2 and was successful in getting the vob files to load. However, the other vts files for the main menu and track menu simply loaded up as video clips. Therefore, there was no way to skip ahead to the different tracks. I guess this is my specific question.

I've ripped DVDs, mainly for audio, but I've never put them back together. Any help would be appreciated and I'd love to work on it this weekend.

Of course once I've got this figured out I'd be open to some DVD and audio trades.

Thanks in advance.

i use nero also, and put all the files of viteo_ts of torrent in video_ts folder, burn, and then also gets in position, when i watch dvd... menu, chapters

Thanks.

Mas, como e isso? Podes-me explicar em portugues? Onde e que esta o video_ts folder?

De que de parte de Portugal tu es? Passei dois meses este verao passado em Lisboa e Torres Vedras.

U2utah2U said:
De que de parte de PortugaMas, como e isso? Podes-me explicar em portugues? Onde e que esta o video_ts folder?

How come you can speak Portuguese?

It should be in the files you downloaded.

jimjiminy at gmail dot com

I speak Portuguese because I'm a grad student in Spanish and Portuguese literature. I spent two years in Southern Chile (97-99) and I've spent a semester in Brazil and two months in Portugal. I've been studying Spanish and Portuguese since I started college in 99. Very useful languages.

Obrigado,

Okay, I've been able to burn disc 1 but the menus are simply little icons. I can't get the menu to actually work as a menu. Also, it appears that the chapters aren't set per song rather they're about 17.5 minutes long each. It's rather annoying because one chapter finishes in the middle of a song, there's a 2 sec. pause and then the next chapter commences. I think I'll take this over to my friends production studio and have him work with it. Or I'll break down and buy the Adobe Premiere suite while I can still get a student discount.

I'll keep you all informed.

burning the disc everything should be cool, peraphs the problem comes allready from behind...
but use TMPGEnc, it's very simple and you can make your own Menu and make chapters to be rigth..

Back
Top Bottom