Bono's Slane Castle Leather Jacket (Replica)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Simplyme007

The Fly
A jacket i had made that's really close to Bono's that he wore in the "U2 go home" Slane Castle dvd during the Elevation tour... Im getting much closer now to finally getting it 100% accurate!! :)

72472-albums312-picture2347.jpg

72472-albums312-picture2346.jpg

72472-albums312-picture2345.jpg

72472-albums312-picture2344.jpg

72472-albums312-picture2343.jpg

72472-albums312-picture2342.jpg

72472-albums312-picture2341.jpg

72472-albums312-picture2340.jpg

72472-albums312-picture2339.jpg

Although the red leather stitching is different, and it doesn't have the shoulder straps and D-rings as well as the twisted red design on the forearms, i think this jacket still looks very cool!! And its really fun to wear and always gets tons of compliments and people asking me where they can buy one! lol I really do love this jacket...

Thank you! Im working on getting one made like the one with "Gold" on it and that panther on the back etc.. like he wore on the Boston Elevation dvd... that jacket was kinda a bicycle style jacket with a sideways zipper so the jacket draped well.. i love that look..

Just studied his jackets alot... plus it helps to know somebody that can help assemble the ideas... lol We made THIS jacket from scratch.. and ive got one in the works that looks like the jacket that Bono wore during the Boston show (elevation tour dvd) and on "U2 does much" show... that's my favorite jacket! :)

Interesting , you made the jacket's "innings" with an actual flag ?
How did you stitch it to make the (nylon?) hold?

And can I ask which kind of leather you used?
It looks very thin and easy to work with.

Yes its a real American flag... Nylon... I didn't sew the jacket myself so i'll have to ask my friend how he stitched it in.. i know that when he was making this for me i instructed him to make it out of thin material and that the jacket be very light weight .. (just like Bono's jacket ... his jacket was made very light and thin so as to not be hot on him when he's jumping around and walking around for 2 and a half hrs for each show..) I'll get all the details you want however for this jacket (or at least how i did mine)

Yeah , it looks very comfy, would be cool if you could find out which leather your friend used. I don't really have a good sewing machine so it can't handle the more "thick"leather.

I have this one with the red on it, im planning on making (or having made) one with the gold(ish) design on it. The jacket that i REALLY want is best seen if you go to you tube and look up "U2 does much" and watch those videos. That jacket he's wearing is so cool! You can also see the same jacket in the "Elevation" music video as well as the entire live performance of the "ELevation tour live in boston" dvd. Bono has at least 5 different jackets that are of the SAME style (as my jacket above is). He has the one with red accents, military green (suede stripes and designs over black leather), he has the one with the same designs except in gold (as i mentioned above as well), he has one with silver accents, one with black on black accents and im sure he has a few others. Todd Lynn is the designer that did these jackets. I spoke with Mr. Todd Lynn (email) and for me to have him make me an EXACT replica of any of those jackets he made for Bono it will cost me around $7,000.00 US!!! So that's why i said F#$K it! Im gonna have to try to work out the details myself and figure out how to do it myself with the help of some great friends (such as you all :p ) in order to 1. "Make myself a cool jacket that looks like Bono's" and 2. "Maybe someday offer the ability to help others get one as well for a very very very good price" (or at least come up with some good instructions on THIS site that can basically guide somebody on HOW to have one of these made.) Does anybody have any pictures of Bono wearing that jacket that i was talking about???? The Goldish accent one that he wore on the elevation tour boston show.... OR Please post any replica's on here that you have seen or know of... :hmm:

No i actually did not already have that pic! lol good one though!! Id love more like that one... Thank you!:applaud:

Not a bad job, but if you're going to make another, start with a military style or car-coat style first, then work it from there. What you've used is closer to a biker jacket which makes it hard to get alot of the trimmings on in the right places, it's a different cut.

Bono wore two jackets on the Slane DVD. Bonocomet just posted the other (which I tend to prefer actually)

haha nah, my name isn't James. My name is Brad. About the jacket, i agree that i too really want one like Bono wore during the Elevation video and Boston dvd.. the "Car-coat" style... that's actually one im working on now... not sure how long it will take but.. i'll keep you posted and etc.. anybody got anymore good candid pics of that jacket!!?? Ive found quite a few on here already.. just wondering if anybody knew of any more...:hmm:

Thanks my friend!!!!!!! Those are some great pics!!! Those should help alot with making this jacket.. Thank you!!

No problem! :) I have a lot of photos saved. :reject: If you are looking for more of the other jackets just let me know and I'll have a look. :wave:

Yeah! You are welcome to post any pics of his jackets on here that you wish!! Although im really interested in this particular jacket (at the moment) but i love seeing them all!

Ok no problem. ;)

I really love this set, although it's black and white it shows some good detail. I'm not even sure which jacket this is as I haven't studied them all real close, but I'm guessing maybe the silver, because of the "staple" stitching on the collar.

bonoelevationstarjackethot.jpg

bonoelevationstarjacketarmsout.jpg

bonoelevationstarjacketface.jpg

bonoelevationstarjacketprofile.jpg

bonoelevationomg.jpg

The silver with that same staple stitch at the collar.

Bonophilly6-01elevation1.jpg

Bonophilly6-01elevation2.jpg

Bonophilly6-01elevation3.jpg

Bonophilly6-01.jpg

bonodown.jpg

bonosilverlightelevation.jpg

I like this one a lot. It seems to be a rougher cut of the red and green styles.

Ah man! Those are GREAT pics!!! Where did you find those!!?? lol got any more??

Ah man! Those are GREAT pics!!! Where did you find those!!?? lol got any more??

The black and white ones? Yeah those are awesome. I don't know, I've had them a long time. Those were the only ones like that I came across today, but if I find more I'll post them for sure. :)

Two more good looks at the silver. ;)

u2elevationFire.jpg

U2elevationwing1.jpg

at first I thought those stitches at the collar only looked like staples, but on closer look they really do seem to be that.

Back
Top Bottom