Bono's jacket?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fca780

Acrobat
Where you live should not decide, Whether you live
Does anyone know what brand is it? where can I buy it? yeah, I know he has billions of them :), but I am talking about the more popular one, the one he mostly uses, like on the Time's cover of Persons of the Year, I mean this one (i took the image form "new ultra bono shades thread!" thread-thanx in advance for the pic, AntonCorbijn)
04381691ot0tr9.jpg

I think is blue on one side and black on the other side. (Gap) is going to release some cool jackets, but I want to buy his now so desperately! ok thanx in advance fellow fans!-FCA

Last edited:
I forget the brand, but it's actually a blue denim jacket that the band's stylist (before she left and tried to sell all of their old clothes on ebay--and then got sued for it) dyed the outside black. It's not originally two-colored. Actually, if you look carefully in some pics, you can see that it's still blue underneath the pocket flaps on the front. So, unless you want the exact look of that jacket--pocket placement, etc.---you can dye any denim jacket black on the outside and have essentially the same thing. :yes:

It's pretty hard to tell which brand he uses, because usually he has second had clothes which are transformed by a stylist...

But in the case of the denim jacket, I'd say that a regular Levi's jacket could be used, if you do what Utoo advised you :wink:

theres going to be a denim jacket released for the Gap (RED) product line in a few weeks.

i wanted to post pict butim not at my computer...i made a copy of the jacket and it looks great..look for it later on...i think the brand is D&G-very expensive...any nice blue denim will do

Thats DG. He wear this jacket since live 8, and on the pressphotos you can read the brand tag on its neck.

jacket2.jpg
jacket1.jpg

here you go--i took a gap jacket, sprayed it at my studio, distressed it a bit..the jacket is a large and ive lost weight, if you're interested in it, let me know

I thought about doing my own replica, too, but I had no idea what brand of colour I should use. I wanted to use my Levi's jacket. It has a decent cut and is affordable. I've seen D&G denim jackets being sold for 800 $ and more, which I think is ridiculous.

Badger, your jacket looks amazing. Which spray paint did you use? And which colour? Gray or black? Does it come off if you wash it?

this goes to all my friends on here, i you want a jacket made, get in touch w/me and send it to me. pay for the shipping/paints...antoncorbijn-i have an airbrush at my studio and i used fabric paints-mostly black then heat set it so it can be washed.
B's jacket has silver buttons, mine are copper but i am gonna buy a new one to paint soon

wow...that's cool! I want it!:drool:
I hope I can see Bono wearing it in some days, maybe on the back cover of the upcoming "Best of"...lol :)
ok guys, now I'm in hard decision here... any suggestions? both are so cool! I wonder how much it will cost or if there would be any other models!
-FCA

hey guys-
just tried on the (red) jacket...not bad, the writing on the inside comes thru the back of the jacket-its pretty cool, but $150 and its winter, plan B: edun hoodies!!

I haven't seen any EDUN hoodies on sale that r the ones Bono has worn, 4 example, the khaki one he wore in Africa or the blue one he's worn out a few times either. If anybody has, please post some info.

Back
Top Bottom