Bono Shades

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Page Nr. could be different for him, buddy :)
Old modell is the GA1535. This:

GA_3.jpg

05.Grammys.Bono.BDM.jpg

Bono was wearing these at the Grammys and at the begining of the tour, then he got the new one which will come out in January. Looked quite similar, but the new ones have better construction I think and look mucho smoother!

Last edited:
D&G, GA, etc

1. Yes, the new ones will be by Emporio, as you will note by following this thread from its inception I was the first to reveal lol.

2. Not that it matters anymore, but it might interest you Popportugal, cf, and others to note:

Bono has used more than just the G37/9 D&G

The HTDAAB promo shots are H50 - they are NOT mirrored, and when under stage lighting they appear reddish and other colors

He also has worn the G35 alot. While in normal light they appear to be flash greenish, under any stage lighting or flash photography they appear tan to brownish.

How do I know these things? One reason is because I perform onstage with them and have pictures. Also taken pics with fans and thats exactly how they turn out.

Lighting plays a HUGE role in how Bono's glasses appear. So unless you have a personally taken outdoor shot in natural sunlight, don't count on your perception. ESPECIALLY if the picture is a stage shot or taken with flash photography.

G

Last edited:
H50 is the brown with black arms. He also wore this at a ceremony award on the red carpet, when he was in his stupid striped strech shirt :)

As I see Bono isnt wearing TUK anymore, maybe Edun made for him a special pair, but he wore TUK Rock n Roll.

Mr_LeMon said:
H50 is the brown with black arms.

I dont think so lemon...my H50''s are chrome arms, purple/blue/ black lenses that go red/brown under stage lighting..

the ones you are referring to are most likely the D23, black arms with smoke lenses (which do look brown under most artificial lightoing) - but I dont recall him wearing these - I *think I know the picture you are referring to and after studying it I concluded that he was wearing H50s and that the lighting was causing the frame to look black..could be wrong on that tho if its a different picture...

EDIT: To my knowledge, the H50 is sold out and no longer available....they really are the nicest pair!! :)

G

Last edited:
I won a brand new pair Bono's Armani 1535 (blue) on Ebay (item# 6803873794) for less than $10 US. Just got them in the mail today but it's too narrow to fit my wide face. :( But I'll keep them for collection sake.

Last edited:
Thomas64 said:
I won a brand new pair Bono's Armani 1535 (blue) on Ebay (item# 6803873794) for less than $10 US. Just got them in the mail today but it's too narrow to fit my wide face. :( But I'll keep them for collection sake.

LOL -- I have the orange (Popmart/LNOE) Alain Mikli's -- WAAYYY too big for my face, and frickin' heavy too!

Welcome back :)

If you still wanna sell those Mikli shades and keep at the best place, iam still ready to buy them :D

Mr_LeMon said:
Welcome back :)

If you still wanna sell those Mikli shades and keep at the best place, iam still ready to buy them :D

at this time how much would worth that Mikli shades?
how much would you willing to pay?

I saw them on ebay about a year ago...and they went for up to $350 USD

Last edited:
:lol: what did you want to trade for then, those old ass Romeo's??? you funny jag :hug:

anyways....what I was saying about the shades...looking different under different lighting

go to the Interferencer pic thread, most recent page, you'll see some photos tacked on there, not in the regular list, in the replies...msg 10/8 of me and Mark

i bet you can't guess which D&Gs those are

and if you do, theres only one way you'll know

so we'll see....and be honest about how you figured it out

Poportugal said:
they are not, im trying to find what it is the brand...
there glasses don't have the "net" in the midle of the lense...
and these frames have a like silver clip in the begining of the frame, D&G dont have sush a clip

Those are Bulgari glasses -- that's what the B stands for

i know, but the armani call center said that it will be out in jennuary, and on the catalogs they add updates every 2/3 months. so it's too early.
otticalook.com confirmed that they are emporio.

i saw on eyewearcentre, and i notice how much the lenses of the 9249 are similar to the bono ones, only the frames are different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom