Audio Editing (With Cool Edit)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bono_man2002

Blue Crack Addict
hi,
i'm trying to take out the distrtion to the Matchbox Twenty melbourne '03 shows, theres not allot of it in some parts of the recording, and in other parts there is quite a bit of distriotion...
so i was wondering, if anyone is fimilar with audio edting?..and or cool edit....if ya can help me out, i'd be most greatfull!!!

Cool Edit is good for basic audio activities. It sounds like you are looking for more of a remastering program. The program with the most is SoundForge 6.0. It is not super user friendly if you are just starting though. I started on Magix Audio Cleaning Lab. It is an excellent user friendly program and is good for most types of remastering and a good starting point IMO. I still use it alot. If you are getting alot distortion though you are limited in what you can do. You want to cut back the bass and use a program that has de-clipping capabilities (Magix and SoundForge have this). Even this will only take you so far though. Good luck

i've just download sounforge....i'm using it, its not too hard to work with....

i've had a little trouble maybe someone can help me out....
i've noticed that the Left Channel is giving off a little less distortion to the Right Channel, so i've muted the right channel and copied and pasted the Left Channel in where the Right Channel is....but it copied all to the Left Channel, adding an extra hour onto the left channel, and nothing on the right
maybe i have to start a new file alltogether?

Back
Top Bottom