Another New Incredible Bono Shades Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jward451

Babyface
I saw the previous one closed and I love this thread....so I opened a new one.

Let's keep it going !!!

j.

U2 Bono Alain Mikli SUNGLASSES 3214 Prototype Rare

Found these in my daily pursuit for EA and Bvlgari shades....I typically run a search on Ebay for Bono Sunglasses as welll and low and behold...I found these...

This is the description from the Ebay posting:

Check them out if you have time...the seller is in Japan.

$500 is the opening bid...ouch !!!

(just to clarify...these are not mine)

It was not even lying next to the prototype, according to the official Mikli info this version is from the regular line ("metal black front with mirror lenses"). Lenses can be told as blue shiny but the mirror coating can slightly fade through the years... although some original 3214's lenses can vary from standard colour (the same seller was selling last year orange 3214 with lenses closer to yellow than to orange), nice to have something special, anyway :)

In my opinion this version is the weakest from the line as whole shades are black. 3214's uniqueness is about contrast between frames and lenses (then the cool shape of the frames is visible) and the colour of temples, which looks great in mother-of-pearl-like in orange version and tortoise in brown one, looking sadly painted black.

Anyway, 3214 would be legendary even in yellow-pinky polka-dot :)

Found these in my daily pursuit for EA and Bvlgari shades....I typically run a search on Ebay for Bono Sunglasses as welll and low and behold...I found these...

This is the description from the Ebay posting:

Check them out if you have time...the seller is in Japan.

$500 is the opening bid...ouch !!!

(just to clarify...these are not mine)

It is the same pair I own. They are really 3214. But they are not prototype. The Guy who sell them is thé same that sold 3214 in Orange a few weeks ago.

It is the same pair I own. They are really 3214. But they are not prototype. The Guy who sell them is thé same that sold 3214 in Orange a few weeks ago.

And which I bought from him, and 2 years ago the brown/gold version too. He's a nice lucky fella who was able to buy a lot of pair in Tokyo when the 3214 came out.

And which I bought from him, and 2 years ago the brown/gold version too. He's a nice lucky fella who was able to buy a lot of pair in Tokyo when the 3214 came out.

I know. He sold me RG 226 purple & 3244 orange.
But 500$ is too expensive, even for 3214 I think. And I am a huge sunglasses addict...:wink:

What do you think about making a list of 3214's versions available for the masses and those worn by Bonoman and to make some kind of pole which version do we like the most (the best part will be finding photos)? :)
So, allow me to start:

Bonoman only:
1. Orange lenses/ orange pearl temples/ matt silver frame,
2. Red lenses/ black pearl temples/ matt silver frame,
3. Red lenses/ black glossy temples/ black glossy frame,
4. Yellow lenses/ black pearl temples/ silver matt frame,
5. Black lenses/ black pearl temples/ silver matt frame,
6. Dark red lenses/ black$red temples/ silver matt frame (offstage),
7. Black lenses/ black pearl temples/ glossy silver frame (offstage).

The masses:
1. Orange lenses/ orange pearl temples/ glossy silver frame,
2. Brown lenses/ tortoise temples/ glossy gold frame,
3. Black lenses/ black glossy temples/ glossy gold frame,
4. Blue lenses/ transparent&blue temples/ glossy gold frame,
5. Mirror lenses/ black glossy temples/ matt black frame,
6. Mirror lenses/ ???????? temples/ glossy silver frame.

Maybe I missed something, would love to find another version :drool:

I'm always amazed how much you guys know !!! Thanks for continuing to post !!!

Anyone have shades for sale?

j.:applaud:

Yeah! I've found another model: black lenses/ matte silver frame and temples look like transparent or light grey. Take a look on Las Vegas Popmart DVD (or YouTube) on Hold Me/ Mysterious Ways :D

What do you think about making a list of 3214's versions available for the masses and those worn by Bonoman and to make some kind of pole which version do we like the most (the best part will be finding photos)? :)
So, allow me to start:

Bonoman only:
1. Orange lenses/ orange pearl temples/ matt silver frame,
2. Red lenses/ black pearl temples/ matt silver frame,
3. Red lenses/ black glossy temples/ black glossy frame,
4. Yellow lenses/ black pearl temples/ silver matt frame,
5. Black lenses/ black pearl temples/ silver matt frame,
6. Dark red lenses/ black$red temples/ silver matt frame (offstage),
7. Black lenses/ black pearl temples/ glossy silver frame (offstage).

The masses:
1. Orange lenses/ orange pearl temples/ glossy silver frame,
2. Brown lenses/ tortoise temples/ glossy gold frame,
3. Black lenses/ black glossy temples/ glossy gold frame,
4. Blue lenses/ transparent&blue temples/ glossy gold frame,
5. Mirror lenses/ black glossy temples/ matt black frame,
6. Mirror lenses/ ???????? temples/ glossy silver frame.

Add to the masses: yellow lenses, yellow pearl temples, black frame. I have these.

Yellow pearl... :drool:

I've just got great idea how to spend next sallary...

1. Buy the black Miklis from eBay,
2. Replace the lenses with custom made RED ones!! :bonocrab: (if you have good optique in town it won't be a problem),
3. Change your surname to "Bono".

eBay here I come!

Cool! There is some Bono's sweat somewhere there I think :)
I replaced the RED logo off my 9285s using only nail so they're
"custom" now, too!

BTW bono wore the 'Brown lenses/ tortoise temples/ glossy gold frame' on a photoshoot. to complete the list

Speaking of 9285's, there's a site online called decormyeyes.com that ostensibly "sells" the aramani 9285 models. DO NOT BUY FORM THEM. IT'S A SCAM. I charged back my card and now the guy is threatening me. He doesn't even have the glasses or a store.

Does anyone know where to get Armani 9285s? It seem that, since they were only discontinued a little while ago, there should be some overstock out there. I remember that only about two years ago ebay was flooded with them. And now . . . damn it!

Anyone here selling?

Speaking of 9285's, there's a site online called decormyeyes.com that ostensibly "sells" the aramani 9285 models. DO NOT BUY FORM THEM. IT'S A SCAM. I charged back my card and now the guy is threatening me. He doesn't even have the glasses or a store.

Interesting. I bought a pair of eyeglasses from that site a year or so ago without a problem. I think that site is like a portal that's linked to a number of providers. So, yeah, you're right they don't have the glasses on them, but take your order and then obtain them from others. Which is pretty common now, but it can be maddening because these 'portals' don't always succeed in obtaining the glasses you ordered. I recently had this happen (different site), but they refunded my money when they couldn't get what I'd ordered. I hope it works out for you.

Hi everyone , look the new entry in my collection :
D&G 2138 H49 brown lenses :hyper:
and Extè of the Elevation single cover :love:

Interesting. I bought a pair of eyeglasses from that site a year or so ago without a problem. I think that site is like a portal that's linked to a number of providers. So, yeah, you're right they don't have the glasses on them, but take your order and then obtain them from others. Which is pretty common now, but it can be maddening because these 'portals' don't always succeed in obtaining the glasses you ordered. I recently had this happen (different site), but they refunded my money when they couldn't get what I'd ordered. I hope it works out for you.

Your good exeperience with decomyeyes is a freakish anomaly. Just type it in on google and see the reviews you come up with. The guy that owns the website goes by the name of Stanley Bold/Russo. Unfortunately, he's the only one on line right now that advertises the pink 9285's as in-stock. This guy has now told me to go F myself when I decided to stop the transaction. Now he's saying he's going to come to where I live and "pop me in the head." This is just CRAZY!

I´ve just get a new pair of Exte shades (Elevation single cover) ... :applaud::applaud:

Hi collectors,
Here are the list of my Bono’ shades collection
BVLGARI 611 Dark Blue
BVLGARI 519 Blue
BVLGARI 519 Flash Gray
D&G 2138 G37 ( Gray Blue )
D&G 2138 D23 ( Black )
D&G 2138 G35 ( Clear lenses )
D&G 2138 G49 ( Light clear purple )
D&G 2138 H49 ( Brown lenses )
ROMEO GIGLI 191 Yellow
ROMEO GIGLI 191 Blue
ROMEO GIGLI 191 Red
ROMEO GIGLI 191 Dark Blue
MIU MIU 51/C Light purple lenses
MIU MIU 51/C Clear lenses
ROMEO GIGLI 226 Red
ROMEO GIGLI 226 Brown
EMPORIO ARMANI 9285 Light Red
EMPORIO ARMANI 9285 Dark Gray
EXTE EX7/S Purple lenses/gold arms ( same model of the Elevation single cover )
EXTE EX7/S Blue lenses with Blue arms
EXTE EX7/S Light Blue lenses with silver arms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom