Another New Incredible Bono Shades Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The funny thing is, the last time I saw these replicas on ebay they went for over $100 a few years ago. They are literally $5 cheapo glasses.

That just proves what we were talking about earlier: these so-called "Bono sunglasses," even though they are excellent quality and style, are artificially inflated in price by collectors. If it weren't for that, they would fetch on ebay as much as, say, Pradas of a couple seasons ago.

Furthermore, there's nothing wrong with cheap sunglasses; however, knock-offs of famous brands make the wearer look foolish.

ROMEO GIGLI 226 Pink, pictures for Honey
71273-albums284-picture2132.jpg

71273-albums284-picture2133.jpg

Bono arrived at Turin for the soundcheck of the first 360 show , BonoMan wear the 9285 green , after years he still like the old EA from the Vertigo era.

71273-albums284-picture2134.jpg

Well I have just ordered a pair of these Bulgari : dark arms and gradient grey.
They look cool and they have the same type of glasses then the 610 or the 611...
And Bman loves these type of glasses : bulgari 519, 610, 611 but also GA 1535... So he's logical with that even if I think he will still wear 9592 on stage but maybe the new colors Nathan told us : blue and red.

Bono arrived at Turin for the soundcheck of the first 360 show , BonoMan wear the 9285 green , after years he still like the old EA from the Vertigo era.

71273-albums284-picture2134.jpg

yay! i feel good inside cause i just got these recently!

anyways, plz bonoman, wear the 9592, they are soooo much nicer and cooler and are really you! (in response to the new bvlgari)

Mmmm I like those Bvlgari ... :drool::drool:
Do you think Bono will wear Armani 9592 or Bvlgari again? :hmm:

Maybe so, but don't bother spending hundreds..you can get a pair easily in the tool aisle at your local Home Depot.

:lol:

Too late :wink:
I like these glasses more than 9592.
Anyway, i will also get two more pairs of 3214. And maybe sold one. Waiting them for september. As you can see I combined many periods :wave:

I'm dead serious though, at the beginning of summer they actually had a pair of safety goggles for about $39.99 I think that look almost identical. And they have a gold/bronze faded tint to them, too!

Wouldn't be the first time I've seen Bono's accessories in a hardware store...the lantern he used during the Vertigo tour? I'm convinced he got it at Canadian Tire. :yes:

:wink:

In my opinion, they aren't "bono shades" until he wears them in public. if he uses them in a show, then ya i would call them bono shades but because he wore them at a private rehearsal, im not going to go out and buy them. (i dont think theyre that ugly, but they arent as good as 9592)

we will have to wait until friday.

In my opinion, they aren't "bono shades" until he wears them in public. if he uses them in a show, then ya i would call them bono shades but because he wore them at a private rehearsal, im not going to go out and buy them. (i dont think theyre that ugly, but they arent as good as 9592)

we will have to wait until friday.

To both black and g : many remarks.
First, he wears them in black/grey lenses and not the bronze ones.
Second : we, all the people who are buying bman glasses are not exclusively buying glasses that he wears on stage. Many examples : he did not wear on stage all the colors of the D&G 2138, and of the 9285, and the Diesel K-Mart, and the Cutler and Gross, and all the colors of the exte, and all the colors of previews Bulgaris... But we all (almost all) have a pair like that in our collection.
After that is just a question of taste. If I like them, these new ones, where is the problem ?
Both of you can be critical with me but, due to my own collection (all the glasses he wore exept the GA 1535 and the K-mart), I have no lesson to receive !

Second : we, all the people who are buying bman glasses are not exclusively buying glasses that he wears on stage. Many examples : he did not wear on stage all the colors of the D&G 2138, and of the 9285, and the Diesel K-Mart, and the Cutler and Gross, and all the colors of the exte, and all the colors of previews Bulgaris... But we all (almost all) have a pair like that in our collection.
After that is just a question of taste. If I like them, these new ones, where is the problem ?
Both of you can be critical with me but, due to my own collection (all the glasses he wore exept the GA 1535 and the K-mart), I have no lesson to receive !

I´m totally agree with you my friend :sexywink:
Each one can collect the shades that wants and with different colours... don´t you think? :up:

Totally. Whatever turns you on, that's great. You're absolutely right, it's completely a matter of taste, so knock yourself out. I can't speak for anyone else, but for my taste, I haven't really liked anything Bono has worn onstage or off in several years. One reason is Bono's head is unusually large (I know, many would agree, but I don't mean his ego :) but seriously, his rather large head size makes both EA's from the last two tours not seem so large. For those of us - me included - who don't have as large a head, I personally think they look ridiculous and overwhelm my face. I'm not going to wear something that looks inane on me just because Bono wore them. That's absolutely no judgment on anyone who does, I'm just saying, for me, I just love shades and I'm on the look for anything that looks good on me, whether its Bono or a guy on the street. For a time, Bono's taste was great from Cutler & Gross to Mikli to Romeo Gigli to the Diesel K-Marts to the Black Flys to Bvlgari, it was just spot on, in my opinion. However, the last few years, I really haven't liked anything simply because I hated the way they felt and looked on me. Just my two cents...

If I like them, these new ones, where is the problem ?

I had a chuckle at your last sentence but it's likely a different meaning than you intended.

At any rate, there's no problem, unless you have a problem with me saying I think they're fucking ugly safety goggle-looking crap! :wink:

ETA: what soundmercury said about taste, exactly. Although I will say that the "biggest" glasses Bono has worn in terms of not being able to fit on the majority of people's heads is the Miklis. I haven't seen anyone, including our friends here, who hasn't looked utterly ridiculous in those frames, sorry guys. They're just for the collector's cabinet, they can't be worn anywhere ***IMO*** <<<<<NOTE IMO ;)

One more ETA: Guys if you find that a particular frame looks really big on you, you can have them fitted at your local optician. They have tricks and tools ;)

Hi Burning flag :wave:
How is our list of RG226 pink :cute::cute:??
still waiting for emerald and orange :hyper::hyper:
regards

Totally. Whatever turns you on, that's great. You're absolutely right, it's completely a matter of taste, so knock yourself out. I can't speak for anyone else, but for my taste, I haven't really liked anything Bono has worn onstage or off in several years. One reason is Bono's head is unusually large (I know, many would agree, but I don't mean his ego :) but seriously, his rather large head size makes both EA's from the last two tours not seem so large. For those of us - me included - who don't have as large a head, I personally think they look ridiculous and overwhelm my face. I'm not going to wear something that looks inane on me just because Bono wore them. That's absolutely no judgment on anyone who does, I'm just saying, for me, I just love shades and I'm on the look for anything that looks good on me, whether its Bono or a guy on the street. For a time, Bono's taste was great from Cutler & Gross to Mikli to Romeo Gigli to the Diesel K-Marts to the Black Flys to Bvlgari, it was just spot on, in my opinion. However, the last few years, I really haven't liked anything simply because I hated the way they felt and looked on me. Just my two cents...

The fact is that I have a big head:D !!!!
So the size of Bono's glasses is allright with me. It is true that Mikli are huge but they are unic. And the fact that mine are mostly black makes them easier to wear... Same thing for the 611. Even the 9592 are not that easy.
On the other hand, the giglis are more difficult to wear for me.
G is right. Go to an optician. I had my 3 pairs of Mikli specially fited for me and it is much better...

I had a chuckle at your last sentence but it's likely a different meaning than you intended.

At any rate, there's no problem, unless you have a problem with me saying I think they're fucking ugly safety goggle-looking crap! :wink:

ETA: what soundmercury said about taste, exactly. Although I will say that the "biggest" glasses Bono has worn in terms of not being able to fit on the majority of people's heads is the Miklis. I haven't seen anyone, including our friends here, who hasn't looked utterly ridiculous in those frames, sorry guys. They're just for the collector's cabinet, they can't be worn anywhere ***IMO*** <<<<<NOTE IMO ;)

One more ETA: Guys if you find that a particular frame looks really big on you,
you can have them fitted at your local optician. They have tricks and tools
;)

Yes I do have a problem with you saying :angry:
I try not to judge anyone here and it is not your case. When you say that spending money in glasses you do not like is almost folish or stupid.
We all share the same passion. We just have different ways to express it and yes, different tastes.
I do not know you so for that simple reason I will not judge.
Hope i succeded in making all these clearer.
David and Moreno thanks for your support.:wave:

You're right about the Mikli 3214's, they are humongous. I meant to specify, the 3244's are smaller and totally righteous.

Speaking of, anyone who has the reissued Miklis - the AL0871s -- are those big like the 3214's or smaller like the 3244's. I've never seen anyone post a pic of someone wearing those. Can anyone answer that who has them or post a pic?

You're right about the Mikli 3214's, they are humongous. I meant to specify, the 3244's are smaller and totally righteous.

Speaking of, anyone who has the reissued Miklis - the AL0871s -- are those big like the 3214's or smaller like the 3244's. I've never seen anyone post a pic of someone wearing those. Can anyone answer that who has them or post a pic?

I have the three models. 3244 are too small for me. AL 0871 are even bigger than 3214 because their glasses are bigger (specially the part close to the nose which are wider). In the same time, the arms of the AL are thiner and much more confortable...:wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom