An Unusual Proposal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Chrisedge said:

I still find what you did wrong, and my original post wasn't a joke, mocking or angry.

I may get mod slapped for this, I find it unusual that Santa Bono's offer gets banned (Xmas Cards for sale) yet a offer to exchange CDR's for a membership doesn't? At the end of the day it's like Interference is condoning selling bootlegs to line it's own pocketbooks. Take it how you like, I think the mods should have thought this one out a little more.

Trading allowed on here should be like for like.

End of discussion for me....

You are so right Chrisedge. What I did was wrong, horridly wrong and I feel much shame :reject: I should be banned not only from Interference but from attending U2's next tour. :sad: And I did so want to meet Adam! There goes my aging dream of being a groupie, and its all my own fault, that's what really hurts, for making such a reprehensible offer. *sob* I can't even bear to look myself in the mirror.

:lol:

Seriously, I didn't see the Santa offer so I can't comment, it would appear to me that they are separate issues tho as what I was offering amounted to a trade, or as Angela put it a friendly exchange. This is essentially where the difficulty lies, whether its seen as a trade or a money maker. Regardless, I have said I will stick with a snail mail membership, so why the continued fuss? Is it cause you didn't get your own hug in my post? :hug: There ya are, now go listen to U2's b-sides like Adam tells us too. It mellows you. :)

Chizip said:
hey LCK i've got some good mp3's to offer :wink: :sexywink: :wink:

:wink: There now, that's the spirit, let me slip into something more comfortable and you can see which mp3s I have. :sexywink:

Last edited:
I can see why you're questioning this Chrisedge. There's no discrepancy though. The Santa Bono offer was a money making venture. Harmless yes, but this site is not here to help people run some business venture. If you decide you want to offload your boot collection and offer them up for sale, we wont mind. You're not running a business. It's a one off, or rare thing.
Are you familiar with why premium memberships are offered here? Its not to line anyone's pockets so allowing a trade of videos for membership is not making anyone rich.
There's a big difference between fans who want to trade, buy or sell amongst themselves to those who have a vested financial interest in such trades and sales.

Its really not that complicated and not an irregularity in the rules.

Chris, chris, chris :banghead: whatever are we to do with you? lol

"Trading allowed on here should be like for like" I think you are taking this far too literally. If I have an apple must I only trade for other apples. Say I wake up one day and feel like having a banana or an orange perhaps, may I only deal in other forms of apples? Trading my apple for your pear doesn't make either of us professional fruit vendors does it?

What if I had a DVD you wanted and you were willing to give me a few CDs I wanted, surely that's harmless. I even had a friend from Zootopia send me a t-shirt from U2.com after I sent him off a live video he really wanted :shock: I doubt it made U2.com rich, but before you jump all over this, I told him I'd send him the video for free, as a friendly gesture, and had it converted to the UK pal system, and he sent me the shirt as a thank you (I didn't ask for it, it was a surprise).

If you're going to be a stickler about this tho, I'm willing to play by your rules. :wink: Would anyone like to trade their copy of Zoo Europa for my copy of Zoo Europa?

You know, LCK, if you sat back for a bit and really looked at Chris' original replies, you would see that he has a valid point. He was simply bringing it up and pointing out that your offer of four shows for membership was a profit for you offer. Not a huge profit by any means, but you would be making a profit. Eight CDRs cost maybe $2-$4 dollars. Postage, maybe $2-$3 and an envelope, less than $1. That's you paying $5-$8 to make/send the bootlegs and someone paying $12 for them. So, *technically* you are making a profit. That is *all* he was stating at the beginning.

From there, everything kinda went downhill. :(

Shall I then take up LCK's offer? I live outside Canada/USA, so postage is much higher when sending bootlegs to me. That should more or less eliminate the 'profit'.

:D

Marty

:lol: LCK, hilarious.

Here is the thing that is constant in every single one of my posts and I want you to really see it this time. I DONT REALLY CARE ABOUT WHAT YOU DID AND I THINK A MOUNTAIN WAS MADE OUT OF A MOLE HILL. LOL

Like I said before I hit some kind of nerve with my post but that wasnt my intent at all but now YOU cant seem to let it go. You continue to resurrect a dead issue (should you be ashamed as you thought I should be for doing that?? LOL). Nice double standard

Regarding the MP3 forum, I'am not a frequent visitor there so I dont understand that at all. But great comeback!!?? :coocoo:

Anyway, as I said before.

Happy Holidays :)

Feel free to continue to resurrect this now useless thread, it has reached the pretty funny point and feel free to try to slam me some more. Its hilarious! :lol: :lol:

U2Lynne said:
You know, LCK, if you sat back for a bit and really looked at Chris' original replies, you would see that he has a valid point. He was simply bringing it up and pointing out that your offer of four shows for membership was a profit for you offer. Not a huge profit by any means, but you would be making a profit. Eight CDRs cost maybe $2-$4 dollars. Postage, maybe $2-$3 and an envelope, less than $1. That's you paying $5-$8 to make/send the bootlegs and someone paying $12 for them. So, *technically* you are making a profit. That is *all* he was stating at the beginning.

From there, everything kinda went downhill. :(

I guess it depends on how much the bootlegs are worth to you, not monetarily. The postage across the border will also be more than $2-$3, I believe. I've only sent something to Canada once, it was a magazine and CD and it cost about $7 postage.

lol, where to begin in here... I'm just here for a quick bit on my lunch hour, either peek in here or sit in the staff room getting fat from all the pastries et al ppl are bringing in with the upcoming holidays.

U2Lynne, please understand you are quoting prices from your own area. I haven't seen any of those mythical 25 cent CDs for nigh on forty years now... I pay $1.50 each here. Likely I could get them cheaper if I looked around or bought in bulk or at flea markets etc, but this is what I customarily pay. Large bubble envelope for $1 is about right (if they all fit in one envelope that is, I've had to send some trades as small packages) . But postage $2-3?!?!?! :lol: I doubt I could mail them within Ontario here for that amount. I just sent a friend here at Interference some CDs, he lives in the UK, and the postage was nearly $11. I've traded with someone in your state and the postage was about $8.

Regardless tho, whether we go by my figures or yours, the point is that it is a trade not a sale. If one side of the trade were to come out the equivalent of a few dollars ahead, that is btw the 2 traders themselves to decide what's fair.

And Blue Room, 'slam' you some more? Don't be a drama queen sweetie, you'll have to learn to get as well as you give. I"m only playing around, I have no malice toward you or anyone else here and as you said yourself this is a mountain that's sprung from a molehill until its become farce.

As for my joke about the mp3 folder, you don't have to go there to get the joke. Sorry if it went over your head but I don't come with sub-titles. :wink:

UHRRRR....I stand keep my mouth closed any longer.....

http://www.futureshop.ca has 50 packs for less that $30. CANADIAN. What's that in US? $17? That's much less than a $1.50 a disc. (In fact that is what I just paid for my last batch). Envelopes? I haven't bought an envelope in 4 years. I save and reuse them, so that's out too. GIVE ME A BREAK!

I stated my fact, in my first post. Nice, but against what you wanted. LCK has been the one with banging head icons and telling us how "rude" we have been and how she can "Bring it On". Good luck, cause I've got a much thicker skin than any knife you've got.

And LivLuvAndBootlegMusic, what is a bootleg "worth"?? Well on here it should be "worth" the cost of the CDRs, not what it's worth to YOU. That is what makes it selling and PROFITING.

I think most people would jump at the chance to buy DVD-R's for $5.00 shipped, but I would still make money at that price and wouldn't do it. Doesn't matter if I ask for cash or someone buying a membership for me with their cash.

Can a mod just close this thread? I thought I was just bringing something to light in my original post, but since the mods would rather get memberships, this thread has run it's course.

Last edited:
Chrisedge said:
UHRRRR....I stand keep my mouth closed any longer.....

http://www.futureshop.ca has 50 packs for less that $30. CANADIAN. What's that in US? $17? That's much less than a $1.50 a disc. (In fact that is what I just paid for my last batch). Envelopes? I haven't bought an envelope in 4 years. I save and reuse them, so that's out too. GIVE ME A BREAK!

Wow, you must really be quite tenacious to be lurking about Canadian websites over this. lmao. I *said* in my post that I could likely get them cheaper if I shopped around or bought in bulk. I buy them locally- singly in jewel cases. And if I'm too lazy to comparison shop over jewel cases what makes you think I'm going to be reusing bubble wrap envelopes I've had the foresight to save? :lol: Besides I thought you were against the trade in general, not just quibbling over who comes out a few pesos ahead. Would your reaction not have been the same if I offered 6 CDs or 10 CDs or if you had a clue how much Cdn postage I would have to pay?

As for: "LCK has been the one with banging head icons" that emoticon was used jokingly- I even added an 'lol' to make that clear, but feel free to join the ranks of the drama queens yourself. You've obviously been grieviously wronged in this.

As for 'bringing it on', you have to have a better sense of humour for that. *wonders if Chrisedge wonders how thin skinned he truly sounds* I like a fair fight and I'm not about to engage in a battle of wits with someone who's unarmed. :lol:

this is probably the greatest thread that has ever been in the All I Want is U2 forum

kudos to all involved :up:

ps. It is incredibly childish to accuse the mods of biased behaviour and profitting from this simply because they didn't come charging in here to draw and quarter me as you had hoped. Give them a bit more credit for professionalism than that. Anyway, since I said right from the start I would alternately get my membership via snail mail, the administration doesn't come out ahead if I took out a membership via trade. Sheesh.

Chrisedge said:

And LivLuvAndBootlegMusic, what is a bootleg "worth"?? Well on here it should be "worth" the cost of the CDRs, not what it's worth to YOU. That is what makes it selling and PROFITING.

".... :blahblah:..."

Well, say I lost my favorite bootleg. It was free for me at first right, because I either traded for it, or downloaded an mp3 version, BUT it's my FAVORITE of all bootlegs, and to me, it's worth a lot. I don't give a flying fuck how much the stupid CD-R actually cost down to the very last penny, I want my bootleg back! Because I'm a lazy person and my CD-RW drive is messed up right now, I'd rather buy the bootleg from someone else. But see, they didn't previously have the bootleg for sale, they weren't trying to gain a profit, but I OFFERED to PAY for the bootleg BECAUSE I WANT IT and I'm too lazy to download the entire concert again or fix my CD-RW drive. The person who I'm buying it from doesn't deserve to be flamed for trying to make a profit and start a commercial venture and all that rediculous stuff. Besides, like the mod already said, you CAN sell stuff here. So there! :drunk:

Last edited:
LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

".... :blahblah:..."

Well, say I lost my favorite bootleg. It was free for me at first right, because I either traded for it, or downloaded an mp3 version, BUT it's my FAVORITE of all bootlegs, and to me, it's worth a lot. I don't give a flying fuck how much the stupid CD-R actually cost down to the very last penny, I want my bootleg back! Because I'm a lazy person and my CD-RW drive is messed up right now, I'd rather buy the bootleg from someone else. But see, they didn't previously have the bootleg for sale, they weren't trying to gain a profit, but I OFFERED to PAY for the bootleg BECAUSE I WANT IT and I'm too lazy to download the entire concert again or fix my CD-RW drive. The person who I'm buying it from doesn't deserve to be flamed for trying to make a profit and start a commercial venture and all that rediculous stuff. Besides, like the mod already said, you CAN sell stuff here. So there! :drunk:

I'd like to see a Mod (or Elvis himself) say it's ok to sell cdr copies of bootlegs here (even in a 1 off deal).

If you need that boot SO badly and want to pay, go to f'n eBay then, shouldn't be happening here, whether it's for cash or a membership. Or if you need the membership, don't offer CDR's for it, because it's the same as selling some copies for the $12 and using it for membership.

I believe the intent of the "selling" that happens on here, is for posters, original CD's, T-Shirts, etc...NOT CDR copies of shows. I agree this has become a joke of a thread, but not for the reasons most have stated here.

Angela Harlem said:
If you decide you want to offload your boot collection and offer them up for sale, we wont mind. You're not running a business. It's a one off, or rare thing.

Chizip said:
this is probably the greatest thread that has ever been in the All I Want is U2 forum

kudos to all involved :up:

I have to agree with you. This is almost better than the LA DVD fiasco.

Since I'm not a Premium Member and you can't search unless you pay....I found this quote

"THIS HAS BEEN REMOVED.

These are not commercial releases, and are obviously DVD-Rs, the same as CD-Rs as far as rules apply."

From this thread http://forum.interference.com/t77529.html

Now I realize that that person was selling DVDr's for $30 bucks but from the quote above, I read that you are not supposed to sell CD-Rs here in the forum.

LMFAO! Can I use the word f*ckwit in here? :wink:

You're quite the busy bee Chrisedge- checking out Canuck websites, scouring the bowels of Interference without benefit of a search engine. Maybe the boss could give you time off work so you can research this properly. Perhaps you could even get a grant?

I offered a trade, not a sale. Why do you have to go on about it like some kid who's just lost his fave hockey card in a game of curb toss? Why, your grandkids will be retelling this tale at the rate you're going :lol: I honestly think you'd be less scandalized if I'd offered Elvis a blowjob in exchange for membership.

LCK said:
LMFAO! Can I use the word f*ckwit in here? :wink:

You're quite the busy bee Chrisedge- checking out Canuck websites, scouring the bowels of Interference without benefit of a search engine. Maybe the boss could give you time off work so you can research this properly. Perhaps you could even get a grant?

I offered a trade, not a sale. Why do you have to go on about it like some kid who's just lost his fave hockey card in a game of curb toss? Why, your grandkids will be retelling this tale at the rate you're going :lol: I honestly think you'd be less scandalized if I'd offered Elvis a blowjob in exchange for membership.

HA! You're going to fit in well here! :yes: :up:

Listen, I'm tired of being called names and if moderators allow it to continue, I will open up on really who is the dipshit that can't see the similarities between offering CDR's (less than $12 US value) for a membership and simply selling cdrs. The only consolation I have is two people I respect (Lynne and BR) posted that it's wrong as well. If you had just shut your gums about the thing, and not been a bi-otch about it, I wouldn't have cared at all.

And because I can take 3 seconds and find information out doesn't mean I'm a busy bee, it means I have a clue.

Chrisedge said:
If you had just shut your gums about the thing, and not been a bi-otch about it, I wouldn't have cared at all.

Hello? McFly? lol, you're the one who started in on me. You must be tons and tons of fun in real life- betcha complain at movie theatres if the movie sucks, make waitresses cry etc. But anyone looks at you the wrong way and you're boo-hooing for the mods to close the discussion. You should put Mirrorballman in your avatar. :p

Chrisedge said:
And can we close this thread?

Pardon me for stating the obvious, cause it seems to fly right under your radar, but no one is forcing you to keep opening this discussion. You've voiced your opinion ad nauseum, I already said I wasn't making the trade etc. , so what brings you back again and again? lol, its sure easy to yank your chain tho isn't it?

Yea I did, because sending 8 CDR's for $12 (worth of something) is what I "thought" was against the rules. Maybe only because they are getting the money is it allowed?

I've haven't asked any mods to close any other threads I've have been in "discussions" in, because those folks didn't restore to calling me a Fuckwit. (Which BTW is against the rules)

LCK said:

Pardon me for stating the obvious, cause it seems to fly right under your radar, but no one is forcing you to keep opening this discussion. You've voiced your opinion ad nauseum, I already said I wasn't making the trade etc. , so what brings you back again and again? lol, its sure easy to yank your chain tho isn't it?

Because you state lies like CDRs are $1.50 here, (Which I quickly proved wrong. Even Single CDRs in jewel cases are almost half that price)

Put the F'n $12.00 on your visa and shut it.

Ok I think this has gone on long enough. :crack:

LCK, email me and let me know if its ok to post your email address here, for anyone that wants to follow through with this deal.

Personally, I dont see the big deal, trading some boots for $12 premium membership. That would be considered a trade, not selling for cash exactly. Others have GIVEN other members premium membership without receiving anything in return, out of the kindness of their hearts so I dont know, I guess this can be argued either way.. but the arguing needs to stop now, everyone has said their peace.

LCK email me and anyone else that has a problem can email myself or Elvis as well.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom