Zoo-TV Miniseries?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Slightly related to the Zoo TV mini-series is a mini-series from 1990 called BUZZ, directed by Mark Pellington. Pellington was one of the creative sources for Zoo TV, and BUZZ definitely has a lot of embryonic Zoo TV ideas.

A few segments are on YouTube: YouTube - Buzz Episode 01 Segment 01

Also found the splash screen of the old Zoo TV (series) web page:

tumblr_lb1t9huvmx1qapr2fo1_1280.jpg

Slightly related to the Zoo TV mini-series is a mini-series from 1990 called BUZZ, directed by Mark Pellington. Pellington was one of the creative sources for Zoo TV, and BUZZ definitely has a lot of embryonic Zoo TV ideas.

Also found the splash screen of the old Zoo TV (series) web page:

tumblr_lb1t9huvmx1qapr2fo1_1280.jpg

The band talked about this show a lot in interviews around the ZOO TV era citing it as a major influence.

This is really cool...very much like what I imagined the Zoo-TV miniseries to be like. Nice find, and welcome to the board! :wave:

Hi again -
I thought I'd come back to this thread to see if anyone's any closer to being able to get a copy of these onto youtube or something?

Cheers!

I can remember Channel 4 in England screening something Zoo-TV related back in the early '90s while the tour was going on, not sure what it was though..

Holy smokes... you're the best!

I'm a patient guy and don't check the boards always, so I hope my heart felt thank yous aren't considered six days too late and too little.

I appreciate the effort it takes to convert and share this wonderful thing, so thank you so much for doing it!

Already very grateful. Thanks, made my day.

Sorry it took so long. Here's the first episode. I'll be uploading the other 2 episodes in the next few days.
Dwanderer, you are a hero among men. :hi5:
EDIT: The "theme song" definitely sounds like it could be a lost '90s U2 song...

You're all welcome and thanks the nice comments. I've been meaning to digitize my old videotapes for a while. I'll probably be adding some more U2 related content to my account in the near future.

Back
Top Bottom