Your song saved my life

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think it's really terrible... U2 almost should be ashamed of themselves...

Yep I don’t like it! I’ll probably will not listen to it again. It’s OK it’s for a kids movie and I wasn’t expecting anything super special anyway.
I do agree with you. For the first time of my life I have to say that Bono is getting older

The collaboration with a respected Indian composer yielded a considerably more interesting arrangement with that track.

And I think the melody on this part is fantastic:

This is an invitation to a high location
For someone who wants to belong
This is a meditation on your radio station
If you like it you can sing along

That's not to say that the entire thing is great, but it's more memorable than this new one.

The collaboration with a respected Indian composer yielded a considerably more interesting arrangement with that track.

And I think the melody on this part is fantastic:

This is an invitation to a high location
For someone who wants to belong
This is a meditation on your radio station
If you like it you can sing along

That's not to say that the entire thing is great, but it's more memorable than this new one.

Agree.

YSSML is fine for the first 90 seconds, not so much for the second 90 seconds.

Also, and I thought the same thing with “we are the people …”, but this sounds like what I thought/feared semi-retirement would sound like.

An ok song for a children’s movie. My favorite part of the song is the pre-chorus (Are you a stranger in your own eyes, etc.)…

I can’t help but think they missed something great with this song.

The melody is there. It’s understated for Bono which is welcomed. He draws out the vowels you caaaan heeeeaaaaaarrr meeeee

The first falsetto comes in and it’s fine, because immediately Bono comes in with a lovely verse

Then the falsetto…..and falsetto…..falsetto….

Why not follow that first part where Bono sings again ?

I feel like that would have ended a great little pop song. Instead it sounds incomplete and off. It needs that deeper tone to come in and leave the falsetto where it belongs, a background melody.

Bono is going to be the voice for the character Clay Calloway in Sing 2. Plus, there will be 3 U2 covers. One of the them featuring ScarJo.

Ultimately it will go down in the ranks of other one offs that barely register in the U2 discography - talking to you, Window In The Skies - but also, not nearly as awful as the hyperbolic reactions in here make it out to be.

It's fine, probably fits the movie well, and we'll likely never hear of it again after the Oscars.

Last edited:
Ultimately it will go down in the ranks of other one offs that barely register in the U2 discography - talking to you, Window In The Skies - but also, not nearly as awful as the hyperbolic reactions in here make it out to be.

It's fine, probably fits the movie well, and we'll likely never hear of it again after the Oscars.

:up::up:

You know what would be funny? If this song won the Oscar. They've had better songs nominated. I like the song and people's comments here have been hilarious, no doubt. Utter shit? Good gravy.

Ordinary Love was better, without a doubt. The Hands That Built America? Ehh, one of their absolute worst. The version from the actual film with the lacerating electric guitar into is better, but the melody on both the verses and chorus are weak as hell. I'm glad Eminem won that year, even if it meant that Gangs of New York, a film I love, didn't take a single Oscar out of the 10 it was nominated for.

The version from the actual film with the lacerating electric guitar into is better

the single/orbit mix version of electrical storm is also miles better than the version we got on the best of 90-00, for basically the same reason (more guitars). they made some odd choices of mixes on that one.

I'm actually starting to like this song, and that's coming from someone who's music listening is 90% hard rock/metal.

Oh, he's there alright, but he hid his guitar. Lol!

Sing 2 soundtrack released 12/17. Still Haven't Found with Bono and ScarJo, Stuck, and Streets will also be featured. I saw the first Sing. Thought it was great. This one with Bono should be cool.

Oh, he's there alright, but he hid his guitar. Lol!

Sing 2 soundtrack released 12/17. Still Haven't Found with Bono and ScarJo, Stuck, and Streets will also be featured. I saw the first Sing. Thought it was great. This one with Bono should be cool.
You are right. I will go and see the movie because I love them anyway. They still have a lot of things to say after all, but I can't hear Edge in the song even if he was there. And this is a very bad thing, I think

giphy.gif

This song is maybe my least favorite u2 song ever. It’s bad enough to make American Soul sound ok by contrast.

There are very few U2 songs I hate, but this is one has made that very short list.

This song is maybe my least favorite u2 song ever. It’s bad enough to make American Soul sound ok by contrast.

There are very few U2 songs I hate, but this is one has made that very short list.

Agreed and its down right embarrassing for a band that used to be the only band that mattered for a lot of us. I am all for growth, change, evolution and having fun but this is just another sad attempt to stay relevant in the mainstream consciousness.

Back
Top Bottom