Your song saved my life

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Did this song charted anywhere in the world? Hope not, so they'll learn that being relevant is not releasing dull, mainstream music.

Hi friends! What do you think about the new song?

It's embarrassing to be honest. The song itself is okay if it were Phil collins or Elton John releasing it but to have U2 release this is so...blah.

Everything that makes U2 appealing to me (chiming guitars or amazing bass lines, cool drums) is absent from this song and it's just blah...maybe worse than blah but definitely strong hints of blah.

So this failed to get a nomination from both the Golden Globes and the Critics Choice award. But infamous anti-vaxxer Van Morrison managed to do so.

Very telling about their stature right now and the quality of this track.

So this failed to get a nomination from both the Golden Globes and the Critics Choice award. But infamous anti-vaxxer Van Morrison managed to do so.

Very telling about their stature right now and the quality of this track.

Maybe that's a good thing. Hands That Built America and Ordinary Love both won GG's and didn't get an Oscar. Maybe the Academy will wise up and have U2 win. :wink:

A stopped clock is right twice a day, even the trashy Golden Globes think this is beneath them.

I wish folk would stop saying 'yeah but its a kids film' as a reason for such poor quality. Randy Newman wrote some lovely tunes for the Toy Story series so children's films should not be seen as a reason for poor quality.

Wonder what advice Guy Oseary has given them? He'd likely give them 40 lashings if they ever thought of doing something grown up and experimental again.

Back
Top Bottom