Your Most Valuable U2 Item?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jon Seidman

The Fly
What is the most valuable U2 item in your collection? Monetary value or personal value? I don't know what mine is. I have an autographed photo of the band circa 1993. Maybe that. Or my "Unforgetable Fire" Australia EP. I have a bunch of vinyl bootlegs purchased in the 80's for $30 and up but now with the digital age I guess they are worthless. Anyone interested in this subject?

Mine would have to be my U2 tickets, for the vertigo tour.

I will keep them forever.
1. Because it U2
2. Because it was the first big concert I've ever been too.

I know that its only a bit of cardboard, and I have an u2 ipod and cds and everything else, but its something I will be able to keep forever and it will never go out of fashion and I can show my kids when im old. :D

It's probably my ticket from the concert in Adelaide for the Vertigo tour, or my Joshua Tree deluxe edition. I really don't have much. :sad:

This is basically what I was going to post exactly, but I would have had the :depressed: smilie instead of the :sad: one.

Although I have the first few albums on vinyl which is kind of okay.

Frankly speaking, I don't know what might be the most valuable U2 item, but there's one thing I'm sure of : everything I've collected about U2 over the years it's very, very valuable to me. :)

Had an original U23 12-inch on vinyl. Saw one selling on Ebay for $1700. Shortly after, drove up to my parents house, where I kept all of my old records and discovered that my father sold all of my old records, probably for 50 cents a piece.

The emotional feelings a lot of their songs and performances give to me. (how 'bout that:wink:)

Somebody decided to toss all their U2 stuff and it ended up at the salvation army. I bought one framed poster and got it home, took it out of the broken frame and found three more behind it. I also have a lemon?? from the same place. Plus a few cd's

Lets see items....Unforgettable Fire 12 Inch Vinyl...An October era poster..Under A Blood Red Sky VHS...Elevation ticket stub...3D ticket stub along with glasses.

My Bono and Edge pics and the JT delux book that Bono and Edge signed and the Toronto 4 setlist that all 4 band members have signed. :love::heart:

JT book

P1000260-1.jpg

Setlist

P1000263-1.jpg

Also my ex was lucky enough to have seen U2 on the JT tour so gave me his ticket stub and picture from the show he took. :cute: nearest i will ever get to having been there. :sad::lol:

Also have loads of valuable memories of the shows and hanging out with my awesome girls. :love:

Last edited:
Mine would have to be my U2 tickets, for the vertigo tour.

I will keep them forever.
1. Because it U2
2. Because it was the first big concert I've ever been too.

I know that its only a bit of cardboard, and I have an u2 ipod and cds and everything else, but its something I will be able to keep forever and it will never go out of fashion and I can show my kids when im old. :D

Vertigo was my first U2 concert also . I made a photocopy of my ticket , had the photocopy laminated and I use it as a bookmark . :drool:

I guess my most valuable U2 items would be my two JT Remastered lithographs .....:coocoo::rant::crazy::banghead: still kicking myself for not keeping the back cover lithograph they sent me by mistake . And the Irish flag I bought to wave at my first show , I hope to have it signed by the band someday , not sure if they would because the band may consider it defacing the flag .

Rattle and hum moviebook, the person who gave it to me got it at the R&H tour and kept it all those years and then gave it to me last year. Meant the world to me!

I think my giant HTDAAB display from Tower Records. I also have an old 80's giant display from the record store when the Joshua Tree was released originally, but the Bomb one is the one I have hanging up... someday when the kids move out I might have room to display the other. :lol: But I agree the little things mean a lot too. I kept a handful of Vertigo confetti :heart:

I have a JT tour shirt from my first show back in the spring of '87.

But more valuable to me are the pictures and memories from my trip out to the site of the fallen tree this past May.

I have close to a...

thousand ( maybe more) U2 items. I've offered to donate to the African Well Fund auction coming up in the Fall. I've been considering what to send, but am having a hard time. I keep trying to stay true to what Edge said...something about picking something that hurts to give away. Not his exact words, but you know what is meant.

One of my favorite U2 items are a set of pins and keychains that were made for the Popmart tour. There are only two in the world of each design. They re gorgeous. I have promised never to sell them because another U2 collector (who has become a good friend) has the other half of the set and we swore to each other we would never sell them without the other person having first dibs. When I figure out how to post pics, I'll post them.

But my most special memory is Bono thanking me for asking him if he had a good night. Imagine Bono thanking you when you've always wanted to thank him. Yeah, that was priceless.

The only thing I have that is really valuable to me is my ticket stub from The Joshua Tree tour.

My How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb book with Bono's and Edge's autographs from when I met them outside their hotel in Copenhagen July 2005! :love:

HTDAAB_centrefold-1.jpg

Absolutely priceless, as far as I'm concerned! :D

Until now that would be my Zoo TV Zooropa ticket. But I'm planning to buy one if the litho's, so thay may change shortly :)

Back
Top Bottom