Your least favorite U2 song?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Grace.

It's been so long since I've listened to it, I just relistened to confirm that it is indeed my least favourite. I was only able to get through a minute and a half of it. I like almost all other U2 songs in varying degrees. This is the only one I can truly say I dislike. Blandest bland that ever blanded.

Studio Elevation is pretty fucking bad, but at least it was good live on its eponymous tour.

I'll go with Is That All.

Whoa whoa whoa WHOA.

I know this is all opinion here, but I have to defend some of these tracks:

Elevation is a fun song about sex. Nothing wrong with that. As Bono so famously said "sometimes you don't want to read a novel, you want to read a magazine."

I am in complete agreement with Axver, who said that "Smile" is one of the best tracks recorded in the 2000s. A damn travesty that that song didn't make HTDAAB. That chorus is so cathartic.

Surprised to see "Flower Child" on here, because I love that one too! That chorus has such a bittersweet melancholy and the song overall has that sad vibe to it. "The lights turned red on a love that should have stayed gold...". Great lyrics and melody on that tune!

Re: Miami. I "get it", but it took a looooong time for me to like. I like the song now, but I remember hating it for the longest time. I don't know what happened, I just kind of warmed to it. Though I admit it's not the high point in the U2 canon.

And I agree with whoever said that it's time to stop with the term "embarrassing" when describing these songs. I don't see how a song can be embarrassing. Quotes, however, can be embarrassing and this band has a few of them, like Bono on New Year's Eve 1989, "rock n' roll, that's all folks! *Woody Woodpecker laugh*" before All Along The Watchtower.

Now as for my least favorite U2 songs?

Gotta be the last three songs on October. "Stranger in a Strange Land" is boring to me. "Scarlet" would be a good tune if it had a verse or two, instead of the mind-numbing "Rejoice" chant, which gets old after a minute. And "Is That All?" does nothing for me. I like it much more as "The Cry".

Also, "4th of July" and "Elvis Presley in America" don't ever get any play from me.

Though I do have to give U2 credit, because while those first 4 albums have some spotty moments, they've been spot on since then. Every album since The Joshua Tree is playable front to back, in my opinion. Don't see that too often!

Shortlisting:

Big Girls Are Best
A Room At The Heartbreak Hotel
Love Rescue Me
God Part II
Red Light

Worst
Love Rescue Me

Also for the record, I love Red Light, and Elvis Presley and America is one of my top ten favorite U2 songs :sad:

However, they could play a concert with just these songs, and I'd still be super excited if I was there. They're just not songs that I'll get an urge to put on :shrug:

this probably sums up how i feel. someone jokingly listed a setlist somewhere that featured only pride, one and wowy over and over, hell i would still love that.

trip thru your wires has got a great ramshackle energy to it that i love, i think it suffers from being out of place on the album. probably could have replaced it with a better b side.

miami live kicks ass. i adore babyface. big girls are best is fun for what it's worth. grace gets through to me. red light is cool and has some good brass goin' on. i like bono's singing in a room at the heartbreak hotel. i kind of enjoy the first half of elvis ate america. i still like boots.

It used to be If God WIll Send His Angels, now I don't mind it. Then it was Walk On for a long time, but lately I've developed a slight liking for it. So, for me it has to be Yahweh but mostly Miracle Drug, utter Fucking shite, the pair of them.

Holy crap! You're right! Never thought about it that way. :lmao:

Uhh, are you joking? :lol: What do you think is exactly being elevated here?

Babyface without a doubt. :yuck: I can't believe it took until page 2 for it to get a mention. I'd rather listen Grace 100 times in a row than hear Babyface.

Uhh, are you joking? :lol: What do you think is exactly being elevated here?

Hmmmmm how about....... elevated... spirits? I mean mood? arousal?

ffs

PENIS!!!

Babyface without a doubt. :yuck: I can't believe it took until page 2 for it to get a mention. I'd rather listen Grace 100 times in a row than hear Babyface.

Wow!

Babyface has got a sexy groove and tempo, you bastards! Just like Playboy Mansion.

Back
Top Bottom