Your least favorite U2 song?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think the problem most people have with it is the opening. If you listen to the song for the first time ever on headphones, quite loud... it hurts.

Though I don't mind the song, I can understand if that bothers people.

And some prefer the alternate version.
god yes. another thing that's bugged me since the first time i heard it was the way he sings aaaaaaaaaall because of you in the chorus. it just sounds awful. i prefer the alternate version.

Too many tracks from War and October to mention
So Cruel
Miami
Love Rescue Me
Exit
Stand Up Comedy
Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses - I actually don't mind when U2 are being a tad cheesy but this particular track always rubbed me wrong. Baby can we still be friends :yuck:

So Cruel

Exit

Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses

2v2wmev.jpg

I think the problem most people have with it is the opening. If you listen to the song for the first time ever on headphones, quite loud... it hurts.

Though I don't mind the song, I can understand if that bothers people.

And some prefer the alternate version.

HAHAH

It is quite the opener

Why the "All Because of You" Hate?

That's something I've nvr been able to understand

The singing is terrible, it's poorly written - no flow! The lyrics are bad, the solo is no good, the scream is meant to be exciting but it's the fakest shit I've ever heard. The whole thing is a simulation of what a rock song should be. The alternate version is OK, but it's still pretty rough. There is really nothing good about this song and if it wasn't by U2 I would have turned it off halfway through the first time I heard it.

Window In the Skies is just pure cheese shit.

The singing is terrible, it's poorly written - no flow! The lyrics are bad, the solo is no good, the scream is meant to be exciting but it's the fakest shit I've ever heard. The whole thing is a simulation of what a rock song should be. The alternate version is OK, but it's still pretty rough. There is really nothing good about this song and if it wasn't by U2 I would have turned it off halfway through the first time I heard it.

:applaud:

Agree with you both. :| Plus the siren-ish noise at the end makes me want to claw out my ear drums. It seriously hurts.

Funny, i always thought The Wanderer was a gripping song. Perfect vehicle for Johnny Cash, but if Bono sang it would be just as good. Sounds like an old traditional tune, a little gospel and a little folk. And putting that song in the Zooropa soundworld makes it even better.

Back
Top Bottom