Your Favorite U2 song - There can only be one

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Oregoropa

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Even Better than the Real Thing

I just love the guitar sound and swagger of the whole song. The lyrics are great. Love the Icarus reference. Great live, glad it made a comeback on 306. U2's coolest song.

BAD
Live version even better.
Emotionally powerful, obscure lyrics, the best two notes ever played on a guitar.

Where the streets have no name. The best song about breaking barriers in life!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Where_the_Streets_Have_No_Name#Lyrics

The lyrics were inspired by a story that Bono heard about the streets of Belfast, Northern Ireland, where a person's religion and income are evident by the street they live on.[12] He contrasted this with the anonymity he felt when visiting Ethiopia, saying: "...the guy in the song recognizes this contrast and thinks about a world where there aren't such divisions, a place where the streets have no name. To me, that's the way a great rock 'n' roll concert should be: a place where everyone comes together... Maybe that's the dream of all art: to break down the barriers and the divisions between people and touch upon the things that matter the most to us all."[13] Bono wrote the lyrics while on a humanitarian visit to Ethiopia with his wife, Ali Hewson; he first wrote them down on an airsickness bag while staying in a village.[14]

I feel like we should enter every thread snapping.

tumblr_n3tr36BgC41rrq6yfo1_500.gif

thavidesco got it right when he began "right now" :hi5:

I could say the top 5 that will always be. If it was life or death, I think I know what I'd have to listen to before the very end. That's the best I can do when it comes to U2. And, only w/ U2 is this a problem. :grouphug:

Going with New Year's Day.

Enjoy it live and on War, love the piano line; love watching Edge bounce back and forth between guitar and piano during a show.

The lyrics and background / Polish Solidarity give it that rebel feel, which is what I like about a lot of U2 songs. Plus, it came out at a very impressionable age for me, 23, which I guess just makes me older than most Blue Crackheads.

Ultraviolet. Means more to me than any other song. Has been with me for my most difficult of moments.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Streets. Sometimes I get tired of it, of course, but it very often has an effect on me like no other U2 song.

Streets. Sometimes I get tired of it, of course, but it very often has an effect on me like no other U2 song.

where the streets have no name is one of those songs that have to be on the setlist...it is sooo uplifting (especially the intro), always makes me feel like being in heaven...

A Sort of Homecoming, if we're talking studio versions only.

Wait, studio version only was not part of the rules! Smoking soapy Bono refuses to play that way; he demands we acknowledge Bad.

Back
Top Bottom