Your Favorite Songs From The Joshua Tree

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BrandonLee722

The Fly
Hey guys I'm kind of new here. I was just wondering what your favorite songs from The Joshua Tree album are. IMO this is U2's best album, its just amazing.

Well here's my list:

Where The Streets Have No Name
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
Running To Stand Still
One Tree Hill
With Or Without You
Trip Through Your Wires
In God's Country
Bullet The Blue Sky
Red Hill Mining Town
Exit
Mothers Of The Disappeared

Even the songs lower on the list are amazing. So whats your list?

All of them. JT is amazing.

But my favourites are Streets, WOWY, One Tree Hill... and, well... all of them.

Especially live.

The Joshua Tree is responsible for my U2 fandom. I was 14 when it came out and I loved the radio play songs, but I have to say my favorites now are In Gods Country, Red Hill Mining Town and Trip Through Your Wires.

The B-side of the album is amazing too

Luminous Times
Walk To The Water
Spanish Eyes
Silver and Gold
Sweetest Thing
Race Against Time
Wave Of Sorrow
Drunk Chicken/America (personal favorite)

the lyrics for Running to Stand Still are perfect. absolutely flawless. i love every song on the album (even the live versions of Trip Through Your Wires, haha). better than AB imo, though not by much admittedly.

One Tree Hill is in a league of its own.

Take out TTYW and the whole second side of JT is perfection.

:hmm:

my favorites include in order

Bullet The Blue Sky- I still ove this and still love hearing it in concert ESP in Vert Tour with Bono & Comp adding in the other song snippets, and Edges's more Bluesy gutair solo -WOW!WOW! WOW!

Trip Through Your Wires- sexy, and that sort of ragged, wailing harmonica!
I STill Haven't Found WILF -beautiful
Streets- It's never been an Ultra fav like many fan's love, and I got kind of bored with it on tour, but I enjoyed it again on the Vert tour!
Exit- so fierce! amazing!

BUT.......
my Penultimate Favorite on the Album > and is # 5 on my All Time Fav U2 songs/ and R&R songs in general< , even if some of the lyrics in it are more sad compared to the Uplift of the music is.........

In God's Country.........

I bolted upright when I heard it!

The guitar work riding over the melody, ( & i usally love Bono's singing anyhow)....
.....I was like WA-aa-O-OH!

It was SOOO Expansive soundeing & matching with some of the Lyrics that describe the Incredible Vastness and wild, strange, rarish beauty of some of the USA's Desert areas-- like the High Desert above Flagstaff - alot being of the Navajo & Hopi Nations.

I've been there in that area twice, and that song totally captures it for me.:love::love::love:

I put it on, and I'm riding in a rented car with my friend (he's driving) and we've turned back onto a paved road after going about 8 miles on an unpaved road occasdionally passed by Navajo folks in THEIR Pick-up trucks (of course) -- it was a diagonal short cut towards Monument Valley.
Then we make a sort of U-turn and go east- slightly north to MV.
But one of the things we see a few miles away is & totally alone rising above flattish ground> I'm not sure it's called a Butte because it sort of slowly tapers to a rounded point<
it's a 1,000 foot high "stone" : it's the dried Lava "plug" core of an Ancient Volcano left after aLL the ground and, then softer rock around it has been blown & rained away.

I had no idea THIS existed, whereas I knew some about MV, and had wanted to visit it for (aND THE High Desrt area) for like 15 years or so!

A dream come true and this song takes me right back!!!
:heart::drool::heart:

and like when Adam's Bass is going alone, and then Edge suddenly jumps back ( and Larry, too) in with that cascading sheen of High Notes...OMG!

It is all amazing, but: WOWY, Streets, IGC are my top. That, however, does nothing to diminish ANY other song on the album. I love them all, the album is almost perfect.

I am with those who say IGC deserves more attention as an incredible song. I would say my only difference from general opinions on JT is that I LOVE TTYW.

My list

Mothers of the Disappeared
Where the Streets Have No Name
With or Without You
In God's Country
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
Running to Stand Still
Trip Through Your Wires
Exit
Bullet the Blue Sky
Red Hill Mining Town
One Tree Hill

But every song is amazing, this is easily one of the best albuns of all time from any band.

I like almost all of the songs, but I do skip Trip Through Your Wires, In God's Country, Red Hill Mining Town.
The one song I don't like is ISHFWILF

One Tree Hill is my favourite song on JT and one of my favourite U2 songs in general.

Running to stand still comes in as close second.

I gave Joshua Tree to my girlfriend's brother who's a huge music freak, and super talented guitarist yesterday. He's actively avoided U2 in the past, and so I was nervous, but I told him to start at number 5(RTSS), play it through to the end twice, and then listen to the whole thing. Given that he's a big Dylan fan, I'm hoping these sleepers hook him.

My list always changes, and it changes drastically.... for the next 5 minutes
RTSS
Mothers of the Disappeared
OTH
In God's Country

Be well guys!

"Exit".Why? U2 have played lots of stuff from this masterpiece album in the past tours. They performed outstanding performances of the whole side A plus great versions of "In God's Country" in 2001, "Mothers" in 1998 & 2006 and of course the emotional versions of "One Tree Hill" in Auckland 2006 (Happy X-mas from Germany, Axver, by the way ...).
Now it should be time for "Exit" to be played again; there has been so much talk about U2 not playing it, because ... But hey, I'd love to hear it live!

With or Without You, Running To Stand Still and Exit are my favorites. A stunning album that deserves every credit it got, especially when you hear the songs live.

Red Hill Mining Town
Running To Stand Still
With or Without You
Streets
In God's Country
Still Haven't Found
Trip Through Your Wires
One Tree Hill
Mother's Of The Disappeared
Exit
Bullet The Blue Sky- like this song live more than on the album

This was hard because it is one of my all-time favorite albums. I like all the songs.

Back
Top Bottom