Your Favorite Songs From The Joshua Tree

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Like Sicy said, this album turned me from liking U2 into a major fan as well. I don't think there is a weak song on the album. Its one of the most cohesive albums by any artist put together for me. I can listen to this album regardless of what kind of mood I'm in and it always sounds good. There is no other album by any artist (including U2) that I can say that about. (Although, Achtung Baby is close, just not quite for me)

If I had to pick a favorite it would be Streets (which is probably my favorite U2 song period) with several very close seconds.

love the dedicated JT thread (vs the very tired "JT vs AB" battles). JT is what turned me from interest to fandom when it came out my senior year in high school and i haven't looked back. it was my constant companion during my summer-long trek through europe after college and my lone friend when i first moved to taiwan to live and study there for 3 years.

my favorites, in order:

1. still haven't found --> my favorite song by any artist, period. perfection, imo, both musically and lyrically.

2. wowy --> esp live, and ESP the washington DC zootv concert version. find it on youtube. the edge at 4:46 of that version is pure magic.

3. rtss --> some of the best lyrics ever. speaks to the addiction cycle better than any psych textbook.

4. oth --> made even more beautiful by how little they play it live. was blessed to be in attendance at vertigo oakland #1 when they played the first stanza; the first live performance of any of it in over 15 years. goosebumps even now.

5. streets --> best live, of course, with the 2002 super bowl being, imo, the single greatest live performance of a song, regardless of artist, i've ever seen.

Oh, fine... :wink:

With or Without You
Where the Streets Have No Name
Running to Stand Still
One Tree Hill
Exit
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
In God's Country
Red Hill Mining Town
Bullet the Blue Sky
Mothers of the Disappeared
Trip Through Your Wires

it´s very difficult for me to say only one. the whole album is a jewel but if I have to chose...

With or without you (gives me goose bumps every time I hear it)
Where the streets have no name
Running to stand still
i still havent found...

And all the others...it´s like deciding if I love my son or daughter more!!

:rant:
love the dedicated JT thread (vs the very tired "JT vs AB" battles). JT is what turned me from interest to fandom when it came out my senior year in high school and i haven't looked back. it was my constant companion during my summer-long trek through europe after college and my lone friend when i first moved to taiwan to live and study there for 3 years.

my favorites, in order:

1. still haven't found --> my favorite song by any artist, period. perfection, imo, both musically and lyrically.

2. wowy --> esp live, and ESP the washington DC zootv concert version. find it on youtube. the edge at 4:46 of that version is pure magic.

3. rtss --> some of the best lyrics ever. speaks to the addiction cycle better than any psych textbook.

4. oth --> made even more beautiful by how little they play it live. was blessed to be in attendance at vertigo oakland #1 when they played the first stanza; the first live performance of any of it in over 15 years. goosebumps even now.

5. streets --> best live of course, with the 2002 super bowl being, imo, the single greatest live performance of a song, regardless of artist, i've ever seen.

4. rtss. Have you studied addiction? Have you been addicted? Have you studied any 'psych textbooks'.

'Cause its a BIT more complicated than a 'pysch textbook'. No matter how good it is! :rant::censored::rolleyes::blahblah::sigh::uhoh::yell::shame::help:

:rant:

4. rtss. Have you studied addiction? Have you been addicted? Have you studied any 'psych textbooks'.

'Cause its a BIT more complicated than a 'pysch textbook'. No matter how good it is! :rant::censored::rolleyes::blahblah::sigh::uhoh::yell::shame::help:

Indeed, it is far, far more... complicated.
indifferencejc0.gif

Back
Top Bottom