Your Blue Room

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Come on, the live version is terrible compared to the studio version. It's a mess. The space station intro is cheesy and takes me out of the song. It's distracting. Bono's singing...ugh. It's like a wet fish. The studio version has one of his best vocals, deep and sensual and mysterious. The bridge in the live version is gibberish, and the soaring vocals break the spell cast by the groove. Finally, the spaceman intoning Adam's verse doesn't fit. That part, coupled with the guitar solo, is transcendent. It's an act of submission of the self, a communion with the universe. They turned a meditative, mysterious song into some cheesy bullshit opportunity to show off their technology. The only good thing about it that there's a great song under there, one of the best U2 ever recorded. The live version shows that U2 wouldn't recognize their former selves if they were bathing with them. It's really depressing.

OMG ALL NEW U2 lS TERRIBLE!!!!11

no, just some of it, including the live version of Your Blue Room.

I apologize for forgetting that only mindless praise is allowed. It won't happen again.

I apologize for forgetting that only mindless praise is allowed. It won't happen again.

Did you not see that some people actually agreed with you? Don't be so defensive.

I'm exactly opposite and disagree with your opinion. The live version has made me love the song. The studio version is interesting with some greatness IMO, but something I've listened to about 5 times since I first heard it in 2000(when I got into the band). So that's saying something as I've listened to the live version probably hundreds of times since it came out last winter.

Different strokes for different folks.

Back
Top Bottom