Your 1st U2 album VS. All time favorite U2 song

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

snutes1

Acrobat
Was wondering if there was any "scientific" correlation between what everyone's favorite U2 song is versus the first U2 album that they ever listened too.

My guess is that most people's favorite song came AFTER their first U2 album. Mine however is this:

1st u2 album heard: Achtung Baby

Favorite U2 song ever: In God's country.

First album: War (Was familiar with some songs from the first 2 albums, but War was the first one I bought)
Favorite song ever: A Sort of Homecoming

First album... War, at my dad's recommendation, after my thirteen-year-old self started liking this 'band called U2'. He still thinks its their best work (granted he has hardly heard their whole catalog)... it's towards the bottom of my lists, but I loved it at the time. I'm not a big fan of hardcore politics in music (or anything)... I greatly prefer the more subtle philosophical overtones of later albums. They make me think.
Favorite song... hard to say... probably Bad or Lemon.

1st U2 album ever heard is also the 1st U2 album that I ever bought: ATYCLB

Greatest U2 Single ever: "Beautiful Day"

Greatest U2 non-Single song ever: "Acrobat"

Greatest U2 B-Side: "Fast Cars"

I fixed this for you.

No song can ever defeat the lyrical genius of Lemon. Bad's lush, minimalistic sonic landscapes combined with Bono's amazingly-well-written accidental story-telling poetry bring the song as a whole up to Lemon's level, though. I'd probably tie the two. One and Streets are probably one (small) level below, followed by... hmm... Please, COBL, and probably The Fly. NLOTH will probably have a song in here, but I can't really rank its songs in yet.

First album: Well, I bought the Best Of 1980-1990 first (in fact, it was the first CD I ever bought with my own money), then ATYCLB was my first actual U2 album.

Favourite U2 song: One Tree Hill.

I grew up on the band though ... my father owns U2 albums and I'm sure I listened to them when I was little. Distinctly remember some songs like Sunday Bloody Sunday, When Love Comes To Town, and Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses.

First album: War (casette)
Favorite song: Acrobat (by a mile)

First U2 album: Boy (but it doesn't count because I didn't really listen to it)

I can't remember which one I first listened to all the way through completely, but it was probably The Joshua Tree.

Favorite all time song: With Or Without You, but it was already my favorite before I owned the album.

Best Album:Achtung Baby

Best Song:I'll have to make a top 10 list

1.Lemon
2.Stay
3.Kite
4.Acrobat
5.Whos Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
6.Discotheque
7.Gone
8.Sometimes You Cant Make It
9.Original of the Species
10.Zooropa

First album: U218 Singles
First studio album: Achtung Baby
Favourite song: The Fly

Runners up: Stay, Please, Lemon, Beautiful Day.

First album heard = Unforgettable Fire/Under A Blood Red Sky

Favourite U2 single = The Fly

Favourite U2 song = Bad (live from WAIA)

Pfff I don't remember my first album. :scratch:

I do remember that when I heard HMTMKMKM for the first time it sounded really familiar. I'm 100% sure I have heard that as a kid when it was out.
I think my first album might've been Bomb actually. But I'm not sure, might aswell have been AB.

Favourite song is Acrobat either way.

First album - War

Favorite U2 song - dunno, probably Streets but sometimes One Tree Hill, it fluctuates.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom