Yahweh (Alt Version)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ahittle

Refugee
So, I've been listening to the Medium, Rare & Remastered set and revisiting some of the alternate versions - they're not something I get to that often.

Good or bad, I can see why the band redid SYCMIOYO and Native Son and ABOY. I actually prefer the versions that ended up on HTDAAB, but that's not the point. We've been through all those arguments. :D

The question is: Why did they redo Yahweh? This alternative version is not markedly different from the album cut. What do you think?

never had heard it until now. much better than the album cut. it's not close. i've probably listened to the album version twice... it's just... really not my thing at all. this is significantly better.

To me, Yahweh (alt) is the only one I wish they hadn't changed for the final album. The different drums, the guitar that comes in on the second verse, all make the song much better to my ears. The album version sounds murky/muddled to me, less direct. The only thing the album version has better I think is the bridge. On the Alt. version I miss the way the oh-oh-oh-oh-ohs end the bridge and go into the chorus from the album.

To me, Yahweh (alt) is the only one I wish they hadn't changed for the final album. The different drums, the guitar that comes in on the second verse, all make the song much better to my ears. The album version sounds murky/muddled to me, less direct. The only thing the album version has better I think is the bridge. On the Alt. version I miss the way the oh-oh-oh-oh-ohs end the bridge and go into the chorus from the album.

PERFECTLY said.

Back
Top Bottom