Would you do GA again?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
As far as I'm concerned, GA is the only option. It's a concert, not a movie; I want to stand. I was lucky that the one time I did seats at a U2 show, my section stood, but that's a rare experience - almost every other show I've had seats for, nobody's stood, and that's just dull.

Plus, with GA, I have a much better shot of getting very close to the stage.

Yes. I've done both & much prefer the energy of being in GA. I agree with Axver too.

You want to be able to stand for certain shows, and this is definitely one of them. I've been to many where I wanted to stand, but no one around me was, and I didn't want to ruin it for others.

I was unfortunate enough to be given tickets to the vertigo tour.....seated in the stands. :(.....I may as well have been at home in my lounge watching it on DVD. It sucked being stuck up there with the dry balls who didn't want to get off their arses because "they'd paid good money for those seats" :tsk:.....There was no atmosphere either up there. Definately GA for me, no if, buts or maybes........:rockon:

Hell yeah!

I saw three shows on the last tour, two GA and one at the back. I was glad to have had that one seat ticket and get a different perspective on the show, but until I get too old to stay on my feet for a few hours GA will always be One True Way to see a rock band, :rockon:

Plus Melbourne audiences generally don't get up and dance at a concert, :(

Plus Melbourne audiences generally don't get up and dance at a concert, :(

Really?? I've only seen U2 twice, once in London and once in Milan and both times I had seated tickets but everybody stood as soon as the intro started!!
I'm gonna try go amongst the standing crowd this time though. Definitely need the experience.

I would never not do GA again.

I had a seat once last tour, it was the worst decision ever.

Not only will I do GA again for every show, I will start queuing even earlier.

i love standing tix - love the energy and buzz and intensity being up close - but only in arenas!

being lost in a crowd of 40000 standing in the stadium last time was pretty horrendous i have to say!

Really?? I've only seen U2 twice, once in London and once in Milan and both times I had seated tickets but everybody stood as soon as the intro started!!
I'm gonna try go amongst the standing crowd this time though. Definitely need the experience.

Give an Australian crowd seats and you can guarantee they will park their arses on them en masse and act like they're at the movies. I've seen it time and time again. Even at METAL concerts.

Definitely agree with Axver, I will be going GA next tour for sure. Whilst I was disappointed at having nosebleed seats for the only show I saw, I did not give a SHIT what people thought of me, as far as I was concerned I was there to have as much fun as possible, and so from the start of Vertigo I was on my feet the entire time to get people into it. It's a goddam rock show.

I don't noramlly like people paying out on Australia, but I do have to agree. While 99% of the crowd was on the feet and fantastic during songs like SBS, Streets, Pride, One, the rest of the time they just sat there. In particular one lady next to me, who sat with her arms folded the whole time and clapped at the end of each song.

I mean there were probably other people who missed out on tickets because of you, and you just sit there.

And don't even ask about the Crowded House concert.

Sad but true, :grumpy:

I had a seated ticket for the Elevation show in US, and *everyone* within my sight got up on their feet the minute the band walked onstage. Here in Melbourne, everyone around me had their bums glued to their seats throughout the show; at some point I couldn't handle it anymore and sneaked out to the little platform on the stairs so that I could move and dance a bit, only to be chased away by the usher lady, :madspit:

Melbourne vindicated itself somewhat at the Muse concert last November, where our section at least was up and dancing, but otherwise it's bloody hopeless.

I'd like to do GA, but i'm afraid of crowds :uhoh:

I did GA in Brussels, but I only dared to do it because the front area was separated from the rest. (is a left over safety precaution since the Heizel drama,1995)
This area contained about 4000 ppl, but if I ever got the feeling I would feel sick or whatever,I could go to the back of said area and still be quite close to the stage.
(I need to know I can get "out" and still be able to see, I mean I don't want to spend €xxx to find out they carry me out and miss the show..)

I really wouldn't want to be caught in that mass of 60.000 ppl.

So, now I really don't know what I should do for the upcomin tour (they might be playing a different venue here)

No. I had a GA ticket in Phoenix on the Vertigo tour and was up close. The minute the lights went out for KOL, the crowd surged forward and I had to get out.

I ended up way in the back, unable to see a fucking thing.

Every other time I've seen U2 (with one other exception), I've had a seat. I was able to see, to stand, to dance, to rest, to pee and still have my seat. I'll take one of the seats y'all don't want. :D

Ask anyone who had the "Orgasmic pleasure" of experimenting the joy of having a 6 foot 3 (or plus) girafe infront of you on the floor,you'll know that general admission is overrated.

......unless you are a 6 foot 3 girafe yourself,of course.

No. In Australia they will probably play stadiums again and I'm fucked if I'm gonna get squashed by 60,000 smelly people, have some 6 foot 3 giraffe in front of me or have to have the decision of wait in line for hours to get to the front or turn up later and be further back. Done it enough, comfort of seats for me.

I really, really, really hate stadium shows. :grumpy:

Vertigo was the first time I saw them and on the 2 shows I got tix for, one was a seat in the 200 or 300 section and the other was behind the stage, where I actually abandoned my seat and came all the way down to enjoy the show as if in GA, only behind the stage. There is no doubt in my mind that I'm gonna try for GA next tour! Whether I'm gonna get it is another question but I will die trying!!! :madwife:

Back
Top Bottom