Would it be harder for you...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AtomicBono

ONE love, blood, life
...to listen to nothing but U2 for a month, or to not listen to U2 at all for a month?

I've probably gone a whole month without listening to U2 before, I can't verify that though. I tend to go through phases so if I'm really into one band or sound I might not feel like listening to U2, especially when I'm really into heavier music.

BUT, I've decided that I'm gonna listen to nothing but U2 until the new album leaks!! :happy: Wish me luck guys!! 48 hours and counting so far.

Not so long ago, i didn't listen to any U2 for about 3 months!!! :ohmy:

Man it sounded so great when i listened again! :drool:

probably why I'm so keen to listen to them now... I haven't really been in U2 obsessive mode since 2005. they weren't my most played band on last.fm for the last 12 months...until now thanks to the last 48 hours :happy:

About 3 years ago, when I started to discover other bands and etc. I stayed for a loooong time without listen to a whole U2 album. I would listen to one song ocasionally. One afternoon I started to wonder: "meh, what the f***.... there's so many great bands out there! What U2 has that those don't ?" So, I went and got my AB copy and started to play it.
Zoo Station
EBTTRT
One
UTEOTW...
And it all started again....
...such a beautiful story. :cute:

And btw, I got my answer. :heart:

It's definitely easier for me to avoid U2. I've done it before, and it makes the music sound better when you return.

Much as I love the band, and they're clearly my favorite, I'd sooner not listen to them for a month than listen to nothing but them for a month.

Nothing but. Mainly b/c I run for 60 minutes a day and if I don't have REALLY upbeat music (generally not mainstream rock/pop) I can't do it. If I didn't have to run, I could do "only" just fine.

I've listened to only u2 for longer than 3 months before. It's not bad.

Listening to nothing but U2 for a month would be hell. There is so much awesome music out there. Diversity is a good thing. I struggle to listen to any single band for more than a couple of hours at once.

I consider myself a music fan.

Liking U2 doesn't mean I need to listen to them all the time.

True, I guess some are bigger fans than others and just can't get enough. I find with all their music over the years, all the bootlegs and the amazing stuff you can find on youtube there is always something new to watch or listen to.

Yes i am an insane fanatic. :applaud:

I changed it, but I didn't know what was appropriate to change it to.
dog.gif

Err, tough question.

Harder for me to not listen to U2, if I wasn't listening to U2 all the time I wouldn't really be listening to much music at all, honestly.

Listening to nothing but U2 for a month would be hell. There is so much awesome music out there. Diversity is a good thing. I struggle to listen to any single band for more than a couple of hours at once.

I agree, diversity is a good thing. I listen to different types of music. And not just pop/rock. :wave:

Back
Top Bottom