Worst Song U2 has written?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Can I vote for a Passengers song? I truly hate Elvis Ate America.

I like Red Light.

:reject: I don't hate Red Light. Matter of fact, I'd rather hear it than "Party Girl". *duckstoavoidtheprojectiles*

As for "Yahweh", I'm with Diana. Not liking that one much at all. :down:

Noooooo! Dirty Day is such an underrated song! One of their best ever (if you ask me). and the ZOO TV version = :drool:

Ok, to those who asked, I don't like IGWSHA because its just so... bland. It just doesnt go anywhere, and its so "poppy" (no pun intended, I love the album "pop" but I dont consider that album to be "pop music"). The song is just really forgettable to me. :reject:

I love "Is That All" !
I dont like Red light, the refugee is ok to nod your head to but its not really a good song.

I still think "Red Light" has the most votes for worst song on almost every thread there has been on this. I tried to like it... I really tried... but it just sucks :lol:

I do think the worst U2 recording in history is Twilight (Puberty remix) as shown below. I like the final version of the song but this version is so :doh:!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5N9Ed_3wtdk

I'm surprised. We're on Page 2 of this thread & no one yet has answered "Elevation" or "Vertigo". I get the impression from the set list threads that there's some serious hatred of these two. :hmm: Interesting.

Love And Peace Or Else is not only the worst song but also the worst title.

I dont think its the worst song but its definitely the worst title (other than I know ill go crazy if i dont go crazy tonight)

I really like Elevation! and vertigo! granted they arent nearly the bands best or most "meaningful" songs but they are fun and catchy and they rock live.

I dont get why a lot of people here dont seem to love New York? I think it was one of the best songs on ALTYCLB and it was awesome on the boston DVD!

elevation is bad, but it's not yahweh bad.
See, I totally get that "Elevation" is stupid. The lyrics are ridiculous (with the exception of "...I can't sing, but I've got soul..." :up: ). But I absolutely love to hear this song. :yes: And if I'm hearing it live, you can be guaranteed that I'm bouncing like I've got hydraulics in my shoes!!! :hyper: :D

I dont get why a lot of people here dont seem to love New York? I think it was one of the best songs on ALTYCLB and it was awesome on the boston DVD!
New York still isn't one that I like, but I enjoy it a lot more after seeing it performed live.

Elevation
Wild Honey
New York
Yahweh
Man and a Woman

Having said that Wild Honey has really grown on me. :reject:

I kind of ignore 'bad' songs pre maybe UF/JT. They were young, learning, blah blah blah. From UF/JT on, they're more in "you should know better" territory. And a lot of the standard mention bad songs, I really like (Miami, Grace etc), so for me...

- Trip Thru Your Wires. On that album, it stands out as of far lesser quality.
- Some Days are Better than Others. Not hate, just 'whatever' really.
- Sweetest Thing. Not 'bad', there's just something about it that grates.
- Elevation. Special vote for the truly terrible Tomb Raider mix of terror.

Could vote for pretty much all of Atomic Bomb (there's nothing on there I really like at all) but a special mention for...

- Vertigo
- Miracle Drug
- Love and Peace
- Original of the Species

For being what I thought was the absolute peak U2 could reach in terms of being cheesy, dull, lazy, uninspired, formulaic etc etc. And a gold star to...

- All Because of You
- Yahweh

For being what I thought was just the absolute peak U2 could reach in terms of creating utter rubbish. But then...

- Window in the Skies
- Crazy Tonight

For reaching just that bit further on the dull/cheesy scale. And of course...

- Stand Up Comedy

For proving that just when you thought they'd hit their lowest moment somewhere (or in many places) on Atomic Bomb, they manage to outdo themselves in, really, a truly spectacular way. So congratulations SUC, from a potential list of hundreds, you are the biggest steaming turd. By some margin. I don't know how you escaped. I can see how something like All Because of You went so wrong, but the idea of U2 putting this together, and giving it a pass, utterly befuddles me.

i figured this would result in a "what's your least favorite U2 song" thread. but if we're going for accuracy here, the "worst" song U2 has written is probably a song we all haven't even heard of that didn't even come close to making one of their albums.

"So Cruel" is proly one of my fave u2 songs and one of bono's best vocals..just goes to show you!! but ya i dont like elevation and vertigo.. ewwww lol

Moving lyrics aside, I always found So Cruel a plodding, tedious bore :shrug: I could never even listen to it in full.

I think it gets worse with lyrics... I love Achtung Baby, but I've always felt like So Cruel really drags it down.

red light, refugee, and SUC

SUC - is just horrible, embarassing and distrubing that U2 didnt know how truely terrible it is

for me its the worst - at least refugee was made when the were just starting out and prob lacked alot of better material - there is no excuse for SUC

i figured this would result in a "what's your least favorite U2 song" thread. but if we're going for accuracy here, the "worst" song U2 has written is probably a song we all haven't even heard of that didn't even come close to making one of their albums.
Good point.
:wink:

Well... I have to go with Grace.

Oh, right. I totally forgot about that brain numbing piece of fodder. 2nd on my list.

And this thread made me realise. I haven't listened to Red Light in SO long I do not even remember how the song goes apart from the opening DA DA DA's. :happy: Ignorance is bliss in this case.

Back
Top Bottom