Worst 10 U2 songs of the decade

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
hmm....tough. i like most songs from this decade:

A Man And A Woman
Wild Honey
The Saints Are Coming
Discotheque (New Mix)
Levitate
Always

can't really think of any other songs that i don't particularly like.

Damn, how could I forget about The hands that built America?

I wanna change my previous list to this top 10:

1. The hands that built America
2. The hands that built America
3. The hands that built America
4. The hands that built America
5. The hands that built America
6. The hands that built America
7. The hands that built America
8. The hands that built America
9. The hands that built America
10. The hands that built America

The most horrible song they ever wrote.

1. Stuck In A Moment
2. Original Of The Species
3. In A Little While
4. Yahweh
5. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
6. The Hands That Built America
7. All Because Of You
8. Breathe
9. Peace On Earth
10. Big Girls Are Best

All these songs can totally fuck off. What a crap decade.

Least favorite songs right here...

When I Look at the World
Grace
Miracle Drug (I'm conflicted, though - love the intro and the bridge)
Yahweh
A Man and a Woman
The Hands that Built America
Love and Peace or Else (music isn't too bad, but the lyrics are a bit too hippie for my tastes... and it just becomes somewhat embarrassing to listen to)
Stand Up Comedy (see above)
Love You Like Mad (gaaaaaaaaah... this just might be my least favorite)
Are You Gonna Wait Forever

Keep in mind that, aside from a select few, I don't have a particularly strong aversion to any of these songs. Also, I feel bad that people are listing "One Step Closer" and, especially, "Cedars of Lebanon." Two standouts of this decade, in my opinion... :sigh:

I wasn't even thinking of B-sides and outtakes.

I'd add Always and Big Girls Are Best to my list.

Maybe you should try playing it for your wife - she might go into labor just to stop hearing such a horrid song.

1. Stuck In A Moment
2. Original Of The Species
3. In A Little While
4. Yahweh
5. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
6. The Hands That Built America
7. All Because Of You
8. Breathe
9. Peace On Earth
10. Big Girls Are Best

All these songs can totally fuck off. What a crap decade.

LOL...

but the decade ended in a positive way with NLOTH !

1. Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of!!!! I despise this one! WORST U2 SONG EVER!
2. A Man and a Woman
3. One Step Closer
4. Peace on Earth
5. Wild Honey
6. Yahweh
7. Grace
8. When I Look At The World
9. Stand Up Comedy
10. I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight

Honorable Mentions:
One with MJB (didn't even deserve to be in this list)
Crumbs from Your Table.
Flower Child
Love You Like Mad

I actually like The Hands That Built America and Window in the Skies hehehe

Perhaps I'm something of an anomaly - I'd consider myself a "90's U2" fan, but I love me some "Stuck in a Moment..." :heart: Maybe top 25-30 U2 songs...

:reject:

In no particular order:
Grace
Wild Honey
When I look at the World
New York
A Man and a Woman
One Step Closer
Yahweh
White as Snow
Cedars of Lebanon

I couldn't think of a 10th that I dislike quite as much as the first 9 but Elevation, Vertigo, or Boots would probably take that spot if I thought long and hard about it.

All Because of You and Mercy.

Pretty much all of U2's worst output sums up to these two.

New York
A Man and a Woman
Wild Honey
I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight (love the live version tho)
Stand Up Comedy
Miracle Drug
In A Little While
Grace
Stuck In A Moment

Can't think of any others.

1. Stand Up Comedy
2. Mercy
3. Get On Your Boots
4. I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight
5. Window in the Skies
6. Miracle Drug
7. Yahweh
8. One Step Closer
9. Peace on Earth
10. When I Look at the World

I only actively dislike the first two songs, though.

Wild Honey
All Because Of You- Was just so sick of hearing it on the Vertigo Tour
The Saints Are Coming
One w/ MJB
White As Snow- Puts me to sleep
Stateless
Miracle Drug

they haven't released any so far, but for last decade, it's definitely Hands That Built America. boring as all fuck and totally sucked the life out of Bullet on the Vertigo tour.

honourable mentions go to Saints are Coming, which was pretty atrocious, i don't like studio Elevation, ABOY was decidedly average and Magnificent i've never liked.

1. Saints are Coming
2. Wild Honey
3. Peace On Earth
4. New York
5. Love and Peace or Else
6. All Because of You
7. Yahweh (album version. The U23D version makes up for this)
8. Stand Up Comedy
9. Elevation
10. One (Mary J. Blige Version)

11. Hands that Bulit America

This is easy

1) Vertigo
2) Miracle Drug
3) Sometimes you can't...
4) Love and Peace or else
5) COBL
6) All because of you
7) A man and a woman
8) One Step Closer
9) SUC
10) Yahweh

Well I think their worst is 'Boots'.

That song KILLED their sales. If you don't have a good single release to promote your album your album won't do well even if you play on David Letterman almost the whole week !! Not enough Edge in this song. The chorus is horrible. This could've been Vertigo #2 but with Edge taking the back seat to Larry and Adam, sorry its just not explosive enough and not a good song.

'Stand Up Comedy'. Believe it or not this was one of my favorites when it came out, but now as I really look back and see which songs stand out, this one isn't that good. Whats with the 'oooooooooo-ing' ? Way to much of that in there.

'White As Snow' Just not for me. Again too much 'OOOOOOOOOOO'

But I do like all the other songs on NLOTH.

'Window in the Skies' - Horrible song. Rick Rubin isn't a good fit for u2 and this song proves it. When the song starts I just feel like there's so much going on and it just doesnt sound right? Usually when a song starts you can follow the tune or beat, its difficult to pinpoint at first. I think the chorus is weak as well.

'New York' - This may seem strange but I love Edge's guitar in this song, but the lyrics suck. It just seems when Bono is singing this he made up a story and he's trying to cram it into verses to make it a song. It didn't work. I guess because they did the song 'Miami' on the POP album they felt the pressure to make a song about another city?

'Saints Are Coming ' - Just didn't like it.

I do like Edge's verse and solo (even though the music in the chorus echoes BD's "touch me teach me" part) but I dislike Bono's delivery, mostly. The song wants to be epic but fails.

1st (Meaning worst of lot) - Grace (So boring. One of the worst of the lot for me, it's just enourmously dull).
2nd - New York (Again, I find it dull. It's far too long, far too repetitive, and the lyrics are poor).
3rd - Get On Your Boots (Destroyed the sales of NLOTH as someone pointed out earlier. The song was not a good lead single).

Come to think of it, those are the only 3 songs of the decade I would say I dislike. Now onto the rest:
4th - Elevation (Just not a fan of this type of U2. I don't hate elevation, but I certainly don't like it either).
5th - Stand Up Comedy (Would be ok with better lyrics. The whole stand up to poverty stuff just reinforces people's reasons why they hate bono).
6th - One Step Closer (Nothing particulaly against the song, but it's sooo dull).
7th - Unknown Caller (Sorry folks, I just hate the chorus. Drives me mad. The rest of the song is good though).

No problems with these last 3, but I included them to drag it to 10. Just saw them as weaker tracks:
8th - Love And Peace Or Else
9th - Window In The Skies
10th - Fast Cars

The saints are coming (with greenday) would definitely be on there, probably 2nd place, but I don't consider it a U2 song

PS - I'm shocked to see Miracle Drug in some of these lists. That's a top 10 u2 song of all time for me!

3rd - Get On Your Boots (Destroyed the sales of NLOTH as someone pointed out earlier. The song was not a good lead single).
yes, but do YOU like the song or not? I think the thread are about personal tastes and opinions,and not going with the facts (which in this case are true).

Stuck in a Moment had success but I hate that song with all my passion. If I was by the facts I think GOYB, Magnificient, Crazy and Moment of Surrender would had to be in my list....

Back
Top Bottom