Will the next tour be in stadiums or arena's in the United States?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Steve_Bono

The Fly
Just wondering what the latest scoop was on this question. It will obviously be difficult to get General Admission tickets for arena shows, unless you have kept your U2.com membership up to date or are willing to pay 4 times face value for the ticket.

With Stadiums, things are much more relaxed, and its rather easy to get any type of ticket you want even without a U2.com membership. So what do you guys think it will be, Stadiums or Arena's?

Most people seem to think arenas. It won't surprise me terribly if there is at least one stadium leg, though. Arenas are good for Pittsburgh, Portland, and Cleveland, but harder for New York, Chicago, Los Angeles, Boston, and Toronto.

Ok so far the score is:

Arenas only: 2
Mix of Arenas & Stadiums: 2
Stadiums only: 0

I hope to hear more opinions or any inside information rumors if anyone has any.

Over the past few years the band members have indicated that they're going back to arenas for their next tour. They took it as big as they could get with the 360 Tour (worldwide all stadiums, all sold out) and now they want to scale down again.
And yes, that will mean that tickets will be hard to get for New York, Boston, Chicago and many European countries (Netherlands, Italy, UK).

Neither. My sources have indicated the band are planning to play large parks and festivals from a low flying hot air balloon as their main stage.

Arenas only: 3
Stadiums & Arenas: 3
Parks with stage on hot air balloon: 1

I wonder if U2 will continue to have the same appeal to the common punter that they've basically enjoyed since 2000.

On the one hand, they're one of the "last rock bands" and everyone knows they'll always put on a good show.

On the other hand, they're well over 50, haven't had a big hit for several years, and have been over-exposed in the past dozen years.

I suppose it depends on whether or not they can produce a universal hit single again.

Sadly, they've probably been spending the past five years trying to do that.

Arenas. But I still think that they won't do that in Europe, just like with Vertigo. Arenas in the US, stadiums in Europe.

Perhaps they'll take the ZOO TV approach.Which was starting with an arena tour and if the album is a success, expanding it with a stadium production in 2015.

The timing is odd for a start in arenas with a move to stadiums.

Unless all of the arena shows are quick one offs and they're done in short order, the schedule would seem to push the stadium leg for either Europe or the US into the fall... which is less than ideal, obviously.

All signs tend to point to arenas... But U2 are a stadium act now, and you would have to imagine Live Nation would want to maximize profits.

So yea... I have no idea.

I'll vote for arenas first with a chance for stadiums in late summer if the album really takes off.

Sent from my carrier pigeon using U2 Interference mobile app

Elevation was supposed to have a European summer stadium tour in 2002, and a South American tour was rumored for later in the year. Those tours obviously never happened for some reason.

I think they could get by with mostly arenas in the US/ Canada, but maybe do stadiums in LA,San Francisco, Chicago, Boston, Philly, DC, New York, Toronto and Montreal. If the demand of vertigo and 360 tours continues, U2 could play 10 arena shows in New York and not satisfy demand.

If the uk tour is in August which was rumoured by a massive ticketing company called seatwave (they must know something to start a rumour on there own twitter page) it will be in stadiums. In the Uk at least anyway

I'm more curious to know what the new stage setup will look like, and what kind of new technology the band will be implementing for this tour (if any). :hmm:

Arenas in N. America 2014, stadiums in N. America in 2015 if the demand and hype are there.
Europe I think the band would "like" to do arenas. But I think they will be talked into stadiums based on the demand.

Perhaps they'll take the ZOO TV approach.Which was starting with an arena tour...
:up: I'm hoping they'll start with an arena tour in the States then move on to stadiums. And I would love to see the band in Europe~ stadium or arena...doesn't matter to me...

:up: I'm hoping they'll start with an arena tour in the States then move on to stadiums. And I would love to see the band in Europe~ stadium or arena...doesn't matter to me...

I think this is the best approach at promoting a new album too. ATYCLB & HTAAB songs were way more acceptable because they were played in arenas. I'm sure NLOTH songs would have been the same in arenas but were taken the stadiums first ( I'm talking US)

I still think it would be cool if U2 did arenas and stadiums like the stones did on the Licks tour. Play more rarities in the arena & the big hits in the stadium. Could work.

Arenas only: 8
Stadiums & Arenas: 10
Parks with stage on hot air balloon: 1
State Fairs: 1
Bingo Halls: 1

Back
Top Bottom