Why no U2 guitar hero?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They should create Effects Hero: U2 edition. Have fun twiddling with knobs and toggling switches for points until you get close to the real thing.

If you go to any store that sells band Tshirts, why no U2? Their marketing is definitely a different animal.

These rhythm games have evolved beyond just guitar. They're all about playing with a full band now. U2 would be perfect.

Magnificent on Rock Band would be sweet. Any U2 on Rock Band would be sweet.

I play these games for the escapism of feeling like you are playing your favorite songs, not because I want something technically challenging. If technical challenge were the end-all be-all of these games there'd be no reason to have anything other than the fastest heavy metal you can find.

A lot of people are way off on this topic. First off, as someone who has played waaaaay too much Rock Band (and a little Guitar Hero), U2's music would fit just fine in the format. So the idea that Edge's guitar playing doesn't lend itself to these types of games is silly.

Secondly, to those that say U2 aren't the type of band that would do this, you are freaking nuts. U2 love money, nothing wrong with that, but they do. I fully expect a U2 Rock Band down the line, maybe as soon as the holiday season. It is a perfect marriage, the game maker can tie itself to the world biggest rock band, and the veteran rock band can connect with a young demographic.

Bring it on, I say.

A lot of people are way off on this topic. First off, as someone who has played waaaaay too much Rock Band (and a little Guitar Hero), U2's music would fit just fine in the format. So the idea that Edge's guitar playing doesn't lend itself to these types of games is silly.

Secondly, to those that say U2 aren't the type of band that would do this, you are freaking nuts. U2 love money, nothing wrong with that, but they do. I fully expect a U2 Rock Band down the line, maybe as soon as the holiday season. It is a perfect marriage, the game maker can tie itself to the world biggest rock band, and the veteran rock band can connect with a young demographic.

Bring it on, I say.

:up::up::up::up::up:

Bring it on, I say.

But they dont even sell their t shirts (or anything else apart from music) in commercial places. A game to themselves therefore seems far fetched, though individual songs as part of a game would be plausable.

With regards to Aerosmith, they've had a game out before GH:Aerosmith, so its not like its new to them.

They should create Effects Hero: U2 edition. Have fun twiddling with knobs and toggling switches for points until you get close to the real thing.

This kinda does already exist...
VOX | JAMVOX Plug in to your favorite band!

lg_jamvox_screen1.jpg

JamVOX emulates many amp models and effects including equipment Edge uses (VOX AC30 amp, Korg SDD-3000 delay effect). But you need a real electric guitar and PC/Mac to use it. I bought the JamVOX and a starter Fender Strat w/ amp back in December. Been having a blast learning to play the guitar and playing around with all the different effects in JamVOX to emulate Edge's sounds. JamVOX also lets you create backing tracks by stripping out the guitar parts from mp3's/wav files. Works pretty well.

Guys have you not seen the 2 poeple on youtube playing various u2 songs on their guitar?!!?? they are simply mindblowing efforts of over 10 songs and could very easily be on Guitar hero.

Look at wannabetheEdge and sherm911... those guys are freaks and some songs like all i want is you, Electric co and ultra violet are amazing.. as well as UTEOTW, The Fly and many others.

I've only attempted to play Guitar Hero once, but it seems to me it's set up so you can master the "easier" songs first before you advance to the more complicated ones. So in that context, having U2 songs in Guitar Hero makes sense. I think I might have tried harder with Guitar Hero if I had a U2 song to practice on first rather than having to hear my feeble attempts at playing "Slow Ride" by Foghat over and over and over again.

This kinda does already exist...
VOX | JAMVOX Plug in to your favorite band!

lg_jamvox_screen1.jpg

JamVOX emulates many amp models and effects including equipment Edge uses (VOX AC30 amp, Korg SDD-3000 delay effect). But you need a real electric guitar and PC/Mac to use it. I bought the JamVOX and a starter Fender Strat w/ amp back in December. Been having a blast learning to play the guitar and playing around with all the different effects in JamVOX to emulate Edge's sounds. JamVOX also lets you create backing tracks by stripping out the guitar parts from mp3's/wav files. Works pretty well.

Well damn. :ohmy: Id be sorely tempted to flog my amp and buy that instead.

Well damn. :ohmy: Id be sorely tempted to flog my amp and buy that instead.

I paid $250 for JamVOX at Guitar Center. Worth every penny! It's perfect for someone who just wants to jam with their guitar at home and re-create the exact sounds of their favorite guitarists without breaking the bank buying expensive equipment.

Here are just a few of the many videos on YouTube that demo the JamVOX...

YouTube - JamVOX session - VOX AC30 & Gibson Les Paul Standard

YouTube - Vox JamVOX USB Guitar Players Interface

YouTube - Vox Jamvox Screenshot Demo - Nevada Music UK

YouTube - JAMVOX FX PRESETS

YouTube - JAMVOX PEDALS

On a side note...the guys were doing a question and answer show on the BBC radio last week and a girl called in to ask "if they were to play Guitar hero, who in the band would win?" and she went on to say that she had this big plan to get her parents to buy it for her. Anyway, Bono (being the great guy he is) says "we know people at Guitar Hero and would really like you to have that. So make sure you leave your address and we'll make sure you get it."

What a guy. Akways thinking of other people.

Why isn't NLOTH on Rock Band or Guitar Hero?

It's killing me. If they want to gain young fans, RB and GH are a pretty great way to reach out. At least put Boots out. Has anybody heard any rumors? I read a year ago that they were going with Guitar Hero but obviously it isn't happening soon...

I'd love it if U2 released a song or two on Rockband or Guitar Hero. They should really consider it. Even a couple of older songs form AB or JT would be great!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom