Why do so many people (even U2 fans) have issues with Bono?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
These is why I do have :
1. Because he is opportunist! He thinks that it's ok to do ANYTHING for his purposes- he is hanging out with the worst politics of the world like Bush and a lot more. It's disgustingly! People shouldn't do anything for to reach their aims however these aims would be specious !:angry:
2. Because Bono thinks he's a rock-star but the rock-stars are rebels ! Bono is just a family man and a nerd. I hate when he proclaims everywhere and everytime his "love" to his beard wife and family. Do we really need to know about his elderly boring love's life?:huh: Come on Bono! Be yourself! You are a pop-singer who is trying to go anywhere and to do anything to be far away from his boring marriage like everyone of us!:doh::angry:

This... this....

this post is going in my archive. Tanks.

i think "It's disgustingly" could be the best thing i've every read here.

fren for mod!

unicorn5.jpg

BULLSHIT

Everytime I see those sites I take solace in the fact that my online craziness is generally limited to a few drunkpostings and the odd wacky thought here on how much I love U2, MJ, house music, or whatever..

Those people? Serious issues. I can't for the life of me imagine dedicating time or for god's sake, an entire web campaign, to blasting away at a musician.

Normal person + anonymity + audience = total fuckwad.

Bono and U2 have reached 'king of the hill' status for a while now. U2 aren't uderdogs anymore, although they played that card well when they were 'reapplying' during Elevation/ATYCLB. They're no longer the little band that could, but the big band that *did*. When a person, or band, or actor, or politician, or whomever, reaches that place in life, there's nothing left for folks to do but to try to knock them off.

These is why I do have :
1. Because he is opportunist! He thinks that it's ok to do ANYTHING for his purposes- he is hanging out with the worst politics of the world like Bush and a lot more. It's disgustingly! People shouldn't do anything for to reach their aims however these aims would be specious !:angry:
2. Because Bono thinks he's a rock-star but the rock-stars are rebels ! Bono is just a family man and a nerd. I hate when he proclaims everywhere and everytime his "love" to his beard wife and family. Do we really need to know about his elderly boring love's life?:huh: Come on Bono! Be yourself! You are a pop-singer who is trying to go anywhere and to do anything to be far away from his boring marriage like everyone of us!:doh::angry:

"THESE IS WHY I DO HAVE!"

Two reasons why I reckon Bono is the best are what you just stated there.

If anything, he is a rebel anyway, in the sense he doesn't conform to the popular "rebel" rock-star stereotype that was especially prevalent when U2 were just a baby band and a bunch of aspiring youngsters.

If anything, he is a rebel anyway, in the sense he doesn't conform to the popular "rebel" rock-star stereotype that was especially prevalent when U2 were just a baby band and a bunch of aspiring youngsters.

He wish...He wish..

I think this thread is disgustingly entertaining!

Thank you Fren for my favorite new word! yay for disgustingly!
Thanks, I got it from the comments about Madonna's tribute to Michael Jackson on one celebrity blog and I like this too!!:D
About starts the blog- Bono is not big enough i would do it! :wave:
Bono and U2 have reached 'king of the hill' status for a while now. U2 aren't uderdogs anymore, although they played that card well when they were 'reapplying' during Elevation/ATYCLB. They're no longer the little band that could, but the big band that *did*. When a person, or band, or actor, or politician, or whomever, reaches that place in life, there's nothing left for folks to do but to try to knock them off.
You grossly exaggerate his importance. Bush had used Bono for good publicity but it could be any other star like Angelina Jolie , George Kluni and so on if they would be spineless too . There is always work that is worked by the lobbing group in Washington for Africa and they don't need publicity for to reach these aims at all.
And anyway I think that the Rolling Stones and Green Day have the same status but they didn't meet the murderer for their causes.

You grossly exaggerate his importance. Bush had used Bono for good publicity but it could be any other star like Angelina Jolie , George Kluni and so on if they would be spineless too . There is always work that is worked by the lobbing group in Washington for Africa and they don't need publicity for to reach these aims at all.
And anyway I think that the Rolling Stones and Green Day have the same status but they didn't meet the murderer for their causes.

What a joke :lmao:

Rolling Stones and Green Day??? Yes they are known so much for their humanitarian efforts... Kluni???:lol:

Spineless? To meet with someone that may cause you some credibility points and tarnish your image? That's the exact opposite of spineless.

You don't really know much about how these things work, do you?

Maybe you should go back to posting about Ali.

Some days it is pretty hard to be a Bono Defender.A lot of my friends get the old "talk to the hand" response from me but even I have to from time to time give him the little *eyes roll*. :ohmy:
When he has the stage, he uses it. Sometimes I just have to use his speech time as my *time out* time.
Everyone who knows me knows that Bono is my #1 man. And yes hubby knows and knew it 25 + yrs ago when we were married :heart:

I think you can be a fan of any musician and still have "issues" with them. Familiarity can occasionally breed contempt, or much more mild forms of "contempt". I would imagine that some people who aren't fans of U2 think that Bono can come across as holier than thou and preachy and arrogant and whatever. I don't see that as anything to be bothered about. People make judgments about other people, it's human nature.

I'm sorry, but what conversation was I a part of, but didn't realize?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom