Why did you buy the uber deluxe box of achtung baby?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I bought 5. Because they will be worth a fortune in probably 15-20 years. I plan to retire upon selling them.

It doesn't say either way. We're 50/50 here. Swingin' in the breeze. It's either remastered or it's not. It's either excellent, or a magnificent cash grab that given the apparent 'Sold Out' on the Uber Sticker Pack, they were absolutely right to do as a brand. So... good luck to us all.

It doesn't say either way. We're 50/50 here. Swingin' in the breeze. It's either remastered or it's not.

Yeah, because that's something they'd put in the press release:

*This album NOT remastered.

Great marketing that would be. Because promotional materials draw attention to negatives all the time.

Why not just list all the other stuff it doesn't have:

This set does not contain:

A remastered Achtung Baby
An inside ZOOTV show
An inflatable Maphisto Doll
Souvenir snake charm basket
Etc
Etc
Etc
PREORDER NOW!

Hmmmm....come to think of it, if it WAS remastered, it would be really clever to mention that. Wonder why they didn't think of it? And now that I think of it, the press release does specifically call it the "ORIGINAL Achtung Baby" album. Wonder why they'd go to that trouble?

I know I'm supposed to say, "Either of us could be right, it's 50/50." But it's not.

Sometimes we get so entrenched in a position we ignore common sense.

I thought you didn't care?

Nice response. It's OK, I know you don't have one, so the deflection is understood. Despite your odd hostility towards me, you seem like smart guy who knows his U2 stuff. I also think you know they just don't "forget" to mention the #1 selling point of their product, a remaster, if indeed that was the case. Or if they did, they certainly would have cleared it up by now. But I understand stubbornness as well, so there it is.

Again, not sure where this hostility towards me you have is coming from, but it's getting kind of boring. So I'll be happy to respond to you if you'd like to actually engage on this, or any other issue, based on facts, but if you're going to come back to every challenge to your assumptions with "I thought you didn't care" or some other non-sequitur, I think I'll pass.

Enjoy the remaster.

Nick: You've stated your opinion, many times. Most if us don't necessarily disagree with it, but for crissakes exercise some common sense of your own and stop trolling your own "firmly entrenched opinion". We get what you believe, really we do. Is there anything else you care about at present? This subject (that you don't care about :rolleyes: ) is pretty much fleshed out, dontcha think?

Wait a minute - are we fighting about the remaster issue now in this thread? :madwife:

Where's a mod?

I do like the Uber set. And I like the Deluxe set. I even like the vinyl set. Per Amazon.com's current price, all three are a mere $1000. Heck, may as well get the 2-CD set too. Be complete. At least that last one is cheap.

But I don't want to spend $1K on all of this.

As the lithograph set is "sold out", I will wait for the best deal on the Uber set. But that is probably the set I will buy.

Nick: You've stated your opinion, many times. Most if us don't necessarily disagree with it, but for crissakes exercise some common sense of your own and stop trolling your own "firmly entrenched opinion". We get what you believe, really we do. Is there anything else you care about at present? This subject (that you don't care about :rolleyes: ) is pretty much fleshed out, dontcha think?

Was that another zinger? :up::up:

I'm choosing to pay my student loans and to stop my car from getting repossessed instead of getting the uber edition.

Considering what you're actually getting for your money, quite frankly it ain't worth it. Not by a long way. It's a collector's item, no more no less. So unless I were a collector (I'm not) I would feel very SHEEPish shelling out $300 for it.

I definitely expect hte Uber set to pop up on Ebay as soon as it's out. For at least double the price, ofcourse. Or the lithograph separately, for a few hundred.

In this thread too? Seriously?:crack:

I'm not rich, so the Uber is out for me. I will get the next one down though.

Why I didn't buy it: it's expensive as fuck. I plan on trying to see multiple shows next tour, so uber deluxe is no way.

I didn't, because I don't have any need or desire for what the Uber version offers over the Super version. I don't resent U2 for creating the Uber version, putting in it what they did, or selling it for the price they did - I just wouldn't gain anything by buying the Uber version. Maybe if they had put more interesting stuff in it, I would have, but I'm happy at the Super level.

i didn't. i have no reason to buy the Uber set other than the 7" singles, and just to have that really swanky set sat in my flat.

I have nowhere to put it, it looks fucking massive, and when it comes down to a case of being able to save a LOT of money and just miss out on stickers/shades and a set of 7"s then the LP which you can get separately, then its a no brainer to most people i bet.

the packaging PARTLY justifies the huge ramp in price over the 'less uber' set, with the magnet exterior and other bits...and even then how much does it really cost to produce all that....but added extras inside the uber box definitely DON'T make up for the extra cash.

Pretty much just repeating what's been said. The Super has everything I could want/need and at a whole lot more affordable price. I don't need stickers or pins or that extra crap thrown there (the Fly shades are something I do want though :drool:), I just straight up want the music with the nice packaging and the book. The Uber Deluxe is crazily priced and I wouldn't be getting getting my money's worth considering the items included. Maybe if they had a whole lot better set then I could maybe justify spending that much amount (which it would still be ridiculously priced). But yeah Super Deluxe has got the goods, although if it is indeed not remastered then what a disappointment.

Funny how much people are NOT getting one of these, are there some fans among us here that did order this?I mean on universal it says: Sold Out, so who ordered them?

Back
Top Bottom