Who's your 'Sugar Daddy'?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i can so do tom jones and bono together! thats the SHIT ! :up: :heart:

Oh yes... I can just picture them performing this at the next Comic Relief Red Nose Day -one of the funniest things I've ever seen was Tom Jones and Lenny Henry as Theophallus P Wildebeast doing the Battle of the Sex Gods for Comic Relief years ago -you never know maybe it will be reprised..:wink:

I wasn't declaring the new record as shit, I was simply saying that IF this is a hint or IF this is anything like the new record, then it will be shit.....and it will be very frustrating....I think my comment came off as a little harsh because I posted that right after reading those lyrics....but again, I'm not familiar with his lyrics so hopefully my reaction makes more sense

perhaps you should familiarize yourself with Tom Jones before you start declaring the new album shit based on a Tom Jones song

Well then educate yourself before speaking...

Clearly, you never even read what anyone said. Tom Jones =/= shit, he has his own musical style, which those lyrics reflect. There are other U2 songs with far worse lyrics. Just because you worship U2 blindly doesn't mean you're automatically qualified to degrade all other artists.

Clearly, you never even read what anyone said. Tom Jones =/= shit, he has his own musical style, which those lyrics reflect. There are other U2 songs with far worse lyrics. Just because you worship U2 blindly doesn't mean you're automatically qualified to degrade all other artists.

haha wow....I never once said that Tom Jones = shit...clearly YOU are the one not reading....In a Tom Jones song, those lyrics work well I'm sure, but IF that is the new lyrical direction for Bono, and the new U2 album is full of that, then it would be pretty shitty don't you think? And I don't think it will be the new lyrical direction, I'm just saying IF it was....I wasn't familiar with Tom Jones, hence I thought this was the new lyrical direction after I read the lyrics....and I don't "worship U2 blindly" ....you don't even know me...

...and how the fuck am I degrading "all other artists"? You're either confused, or just trying to get a rise out of me. :shrug:

interesting lyrics
thematically + its use of irony its very closely related to Bono's 90s lyrics
but at the same time it seems more direct in execution (no metaphores for the sake of being vague)

no lyrical masterpiece or anything
but I like it

I still don't know where I can listen to it. :confused:

I'd love to hear it.

Where the Fuck is everyone listening to this track? God.

Like I said you should be able to find it on your own.
It can't be that hard if you're used to obtain music the same way I do *hint*:reject:

Or just wait until a couple of weeks for the actual release *hint*

Like I said you should be able to find it on your own.
It can't be that hard if you're used to obtain music the same way I do *hint*:reject:

Or just wait until a couple of weeks for the actual release *hint*

I totally missed this, sorry.

I'm not used to "obtaining music the same way as you do" but I'll try my luck anyway.

edit:

kingofsorrow, wow that was quick, thanks for the link!

Can't wait to listen.

:)

lastunicorn sorry I didn't see where you looked for the song the first time or I would have sent it to you and I just returned here. :reject:

ok i been listening to this song and you can tell that bono wrote it. put together with the music, it's unmistakeably his writing.

and I so agree with this.

No problem bonocomet, I've already heard it.

I cannot tell if Bono and Edge are performing on this track, but I'd say no, I don't here any background vocals.

Apart from that, nice track, typically Tom Jones, but I'm not overwhelmed personally.

Back
Top Bottom