Which U2 karaoke song do you own at?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theu2fly

Refugee
Typically I do "Still Haven't Found..." but lately I've been doing "All I Want Is You" -- and really let the "YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUU" just rip... though I'm the only guy who actually does U2 karaoke :wink:

Last time I went out (day after the Seattle show, with some traveling U2 fan friends!), I tackled Stay, because I was hoarse enough that I could mostly hit the low notes. Mostly. :wink:

I've done Electrical Storm just to see if I could do the big ol' belting "HEYYYYYYY" part. It went okay. I did Crazy Tonight recently, just because the place had it.

New Year's Day is fun, although after I do it, I'm typically done for the night because it's tough on my voice to belt out the high notes.

The Unforgettable Fire worked really well, and, funnily enough considering how sick I am of it, In a Little While works for me because it's right in my wheelhouse, where it's right in my range with very minimal effort.

HMTMKMKM is okay, a bit low for me. I did Streets once, but as it's never the live version, I never want to sing it. Plus, it's got that endless intro, and I hate just standing there waiting for the song to start. :lol:

I'd probably just end up singing Edge's guitar bit like a big dork.

"DEE dee dee dee dee dee DEE dee dee dee dee dee DEE dee dee dee dee dee ...."

We should have burned down the place in our rage. NO ONE ELIMINATES THE BOOM-CHAS!

.... unless you're U2 revamping your own songs, I guess. Well, screw them, too!

Haven't done it for awhile as most of my U2 karaoke actually takes place in my car with the music on full blast...but when I have had the opportunity to do it 'officially', I am pretty good at:

Angel of Harlem
Still Haven't Found (which is like everyone's go-to Karaoke song)
Pride (In The Name of Love)
One Tree Hill (this one place had it and I about died; best part was when the whole place started cheering after I just belted out the "I DON'T BELIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEVVVVEEEE IN PAINTED ROSES" part. I didn't even know it was possible for me to hold a note for that long, but it was awesome if I do say so myself :D )

Even Better Than The Real Thing.

"TAKE ME HIIIIIIIIIGHER!!!!!"

U should see pics. It is glorious. I fall into a state of rapture & bliss.

All the ISHFWILF love... isn't that among a handful of U2 songs (Pride, Bad, Red Hill, etc) that ought to be genuinely challenging for (us) average baritone males to sing? I don't think Bono's hardly ever done it live without tuning it down.

WOWY sits a little more comfortably in my register.

I've never tried singing ISHFWILF because I'd just sound like a girl singing it. Which is all well and good, seeing as how I'm a girl, but I prefer the songs I can belt out. :wink:

Still Haven't in album key in a register similar to Bono's is indeed one of his toughest songs. I don't know if he's ever done this live, has he? Props to anyone who attempts it!

I suspect most are just singing it in their own voices or an octave lower or something (sorry if I don't know how to describe this technically/properly), which is perfectly acceptable also! :up:

I tend to stay away from U2 karaoke nowadays. I can't stand the musicianship in their "versions"...especially Streets..waiting for it to start up and all the while going "jesus christ this sucks ass" in my head - singing Bono requires a certain amount of emotional headspace or whatever they call it. Need to be feelin it.. If I'm going to do one I pick one where the music - especially Edge's guitar effects - doesn't stand out as much..maybe One? WOWY is good but I want that ringing tone of Edge's at the end and the versions never have it. I can't get into it unless the music is realllllly close.

I've never done U2 at karaoke, but with my singing ability, I'd say in giving friends a vote, Numb would almost certainly win by some margin.

never done karaoke in my life but I'm going as The Edge to a famous musicians fancy dress birthday party tonight, maybe i could just sit there mumbling Numb to myself all evening.

WOWY.

I've never really done Karaoke before, and this wasn't exactly Karoake, but I got on stage during a wedding reception (with a little help from the ole crown lol) when this song came on, grabbed the mic and just started singing along. I got a standing ovation for it. I've since sang it at 2 other weddings and it was always well received.

I think that I have a baritone register, but i can reach a few high notes (Maybe i´m crazy and really really wrong, but i can reach some of the Red Hill parts!) I´m more confortable with In a little while, Stay, Staring at the Sun, Stuck (third song with "S" in a row!) or One..

Back
Top Bottom