Which songs do think U2 should play on Letterman?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I dont know if it´s a coincedence but on 3 of the 5 nights there´s only one guest besides U2. Usually there are 2 guests and a band playing. Maybe in those 3 days they will play 2 songs, one new and one old. The other two nights new songs.

We´ll se.....
Monday, March 2 - Katie Couric (CBS Evening News), U2.

Boots, Breathe, plus chat with Letterman?

Tuesday, March 3 - Felicity Huffman (Phoebe In Wonderland), Artie Lange, U2.

Magnificent?

Wednesday, March 4 - Dr. Phil, U2.

NLOTH, Beautiful Day?

Thursday, March 5 - Jon Stewart (The Daily Show), U2.

Crazy Tonight, Vertigo?

Friday, March 6 - Jason Segel (I Love You, Man), Comedian Brian Kiley, U2.

Boots or Breathe again?

Assuming only one a night, they should play:

1. No Line on the Horizon (as they played it on the BBC Culture Show)
2. Fez-Being Born
3. Breathe
4. Unknown Caller
5. Cedars of Lebanon

Really depends how many songs they play a night. By the way, are they really appearing in studio each night, or are they recording these all at once and Letterman is just airing them over a five night span?

Sadly, they'll probably open with Boots tonight :(

The taping started at 4:30, so it should be ending right about now.
(I was #15 in the standby line but they only let in 7. :()
Hopefully someone will report back soon about what they played.

The taping started at 4:30, so it should be ending right about now.
(I was #15 in the standby line but they only let in 7. :()
Hopefully someone will report back soon about what they played.

What time did you get there?

Letterman went to my high school. I think that means I should get a plane ticket to NY and a backstage pass to see U2. It's only fair.

I like that logic. That means that because Adam and I share a birthday and it happens to be next week, I should get to go to the Boston promo thing :wink:

hmmm... I'm a little surprised they went with Breathe on night one, but I think it's a better choice than Boots probably.

I was at the show tonight. Breathe and that was it. No interviews at all as the show ran very late. Katie Couric was a talker as well. No use in checking until the last 10 minutes. funny monologue though. They tape two shows on Mondays, tonights and Fridays. Didn't stick around to hear Friday's song, although we should know that soon.

I got there around 3, but standby wasn't organized by arrival time; you had to call at 11:00am and they gave you a number based on call order.

Ahh so you had to get through, then come down? And even then it's not guaranteed?

The fact that Breathe is on the first night makes me think "next single".

Its interesting that they led off the week with Breathe rather than Boots. I'm not sure Boots got the response they wanted

Wow, the audience definitely got into it!

I'm really hoping they play Unknown Caller some other night. I think Stand Up Comedy would bring the house down as well. I would die of joy if they played MOS, but I'm beginning to realize there's simply not a chance in hell simply because of the length issue.

Back
Top Bottom