WHICH ONE is worst POP or NLOTH

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
this album has no song to be remembered along the future years...the only half good song is moment of surrender, and guess what.... is too long for radio play. I really feel sad of this new album

First or second listen may take you aback as the album isn't immediately accessible.

If you're used to U2's more recent output (and what the heck, I'll even throw in AB and "Pop" there too), you might be expecting some big singles with big catchy hooks.

Instead you have an album more similar to TUF and "Zooropa", with songs that don't leap out at you upon the first or second listen.

My advice, listen a few more times.

The more I listened, the more I liked.

In contrast, the more I heard "Pop", which I actually enjoyed on the first listen, the more I disliked it (sorry "Pop" fans). I can say this about other U2 releases too (for example, I would like about half the album and skip the rest).

Still, after a few more listens you don't like it, then that's cool.

As for me, with regards to the question of your thread, "Pop" is worse. But I don't feel "Pop" is U2's worst album by far.

Pitchfork gave this latest Interference offering a 4.2, claiming it full of "half-assed word-salad characterizations" and "ballyhooed experimentation."

But didn't Pitchfork give music in general a 6.8. I think the Onion reported on it -and you know them, nothing but serious journalists. Yep, since the beginning of time, Pitchfork felt music overall was a 6.8, but most likely won't catch on. People were quoted as saying that the used to love music, but as Pitchfork said it's only a 6.8, they gave music up. Smart move. :yes:

But didn't Pitchfork give music in general a 6.8. I think the Onion reported on it -and you know them, nothing but serious journalists. Yep, since the beginning of time, Pitchfork felt music overall was a 6.8, but most likely won't catch on. People were quoted as saying that the used to love music, but as Pitchfork said it's only a 6.8, they gave music up. Smart move. :yes:

yes indeed :lol:

I don't find Boy or October to be winners. Zooropa is down pretty low on my own personal list too.

You talk about songs from NLOTH being remembered, but does U2 even remember POP? They rarely played songs off of it during the last 2 tours... just two.

And besides, isn't it too early to even question whether or not songs off an album a week old will be remembered?

It just sounds like you haven't given the album enough time to sink in and just want to immediately dismiss it on a message board.

You talk about songs from NLOTH being remembered, but does U2 even remember POP? They rarely played songs off of it during the last 2 tours... just two.

And besides, isn't it too early to even question whether or not songs off an album a week old will be remembered?

It just sounds like you haven't given the album enough time to sink in and just want to immediately dismiss it on a message board.

They remembered Pop well enough on Elevation. Vertigo, not so much.

(for Elevation):
· Gone (51 times played)
· Please (23 times played)
· Wake Up Dead Man (23 times played)
· Discothèque (18 times played)
· Staring At The Sun (16 times played)

They remembered Pop well enough on Elevation. Vertigo, not so much.

(for Elevation):
· Gone (51 times played)
· Please (23 times played)
· Wake Up Dead Man (23 times played)
· Discothèque (18 times played)
· Staring At The Sun (16 times played)

Wow, here I was thinking Staring at the Sun and Discotheque would have been played more on the last few tours, but those were actually played less!

Well that depends...do you put Pop in that same bracket as AB?

I'm gunna go out on a limb here and say that you do

But thats okay:D
I loves the Edge Handle Bar Mustache...the best thing to come out of POPMART

I put Achtung Baby in the same bracket as POP. It's one hell of a GODzilla bracket.

And the moustache..yeh, it makes me tick.

First or second listen may take you aback as the album isn't immediately accessible.

If you're used to U2's more recent output (and what the heck, I'll even throw in AB and "Pop" there too), you might be expecting some big singles with big catchy hooks.

Instead you have an album more similar to TUF and "Zooropa", with songs that don't leap out at you upon the first or second listen.

My advice, listen a few more times.

The more I listened, the more I liked.

In contrast, the more I heard "Pop", which I actually enjoyed on the first listen, the more I disliked it (sorry "Pop" fans). I can say this about other U2 releases too (for example, I would like about half the album and skip the rest).

Still, after a few more listens you don't like it, then that's cool.

As for me, with regards to the question of your thread, "Pop" is worse. But I don't feel "Pop" is U2's worst album by far.

Thanks for catching the spirit of my comment, very smart comment. Thanks.

i was under the impression that POP was the worst ever, today, I don't know.
I am a hardcore U2 fan and really disappointed. :doh:

Christ, can't really think of a word to describe this thread. Maybe u should try listening to Coldplay then!:lol:

You've actually named two of U2's best albums as their two worst albums. I'd hate to think what you thought of Passengers?

this album has no song to be remembered along the future years...the only half good song is moment of surrender, and guess what.... is too long for radio play. I really feel sad of this new album

Good

Go listen to something else

I'm so fucking sick if these threads

POP>NLOTH

Pop is fantastic, NLOTH is good
This threat implicates that POP is the worst U2 have done. On the contruary I believe it to be a creative peakperiod

Pop is my favourite album. No Line is taking a good place in the catalogue. Radio friendly does not necessarily mean bad, but it definitely doesn't make it memorable. Thats why its called Bubblegum Pop. U2 aren't bubblegum pop.

Good

Go listen to something else

I'm so fucking sick if these threads

Agreed.

I really don't see why people sign up to tell us this kind of thing. Do they expect us to be waiting for their opinion and praise them for being so brave?

Surprise, I'm not. I don't give a shit if you don't like the album, there are threads for that, threads that people avoid. it doesn't need more than one thread. I don't see why people make new threads for their own opinion, do they really think they're so special they deserve their own thread?

Agreed.

I really don't see why people sign up to tell us this kind of thing. Do they expect us to be waiting for their opinion and praise them for being so brave?

Surprise, I'm not. I don't give a shit if you don't like the album, there are threads for that, threads that people avoid. it doesn't need more than one thread. I don't see why people make new threads for their own opinion, do they really think they're so special they deserve their own thread?

Everyone is special Galeongirl. Everyone, Everyone, EVERYONE, EVERYONE

Everyone is special Galeongirl. Everyone, Everyone, EVERYONE, EVERYONE

:wink:Ofcourse they are, but are they that special they need their own thread? Are they affraid we won't see their opinion otherwise?

:hmm: Which could be true though, since I tend to avoid the threads about things I don't agree with. Saves a lot of discussion.

:wink:Ofcourse they are, but are they that special they need their own thread? Are they affraid we won't see their opinion otherwise?

:hmm: Which could be true though, since I tend to avoid the threads about things I don't agree with. Saves a lot of discussion.

lol, I think you just answered your own question. the only way to express your opinion and have people to read it is to post in a lovethreat instead of a hatethreat. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom