Which is U2's most moving album for you...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

paulrg

Refugee
... for me it has to be No Line On The Horizon, so many songs provoke a deep emotional response for me. Anyone else find it impossible to listen without getting at least a lump in the throat if not a little wet?

Oh yeah, definitely! NLOTH just gets me so emotional. And my emotional, I mean any and every emotion you could think of! Joy, sadness, longing, emptiness, happiness, anything and everything! Whether the emotion brings tears to my eyes or a shiver up my spine, it's sure to be intense with this album.

Oh yeah, definitely! NLOTH just gets me so emotional. And my emotional, I mean any and every emotion you could think of! Joy, sadness, longing, emptiness, happiness, anything and everything! Whether the emotion brings tears to my eyes or a shiver up my spine, it's sure to be intense with this album.

Totally agree with you here especially with Moment of Surrender, Unknown Caller, and Breathe.

Joshua Tree for me, was there during a bunch of different times for me; Zooropa also brings me back to a fond time/place in my life. Listening to NLOTH, esp Unknown Caller, Moment of Surrender, Crazy Tonight, I can tell it will likely define the current time in my life for me.

I'd have to say The Joshua Tree. I think I find it even more moving now than when I first heard it all those years ago.

Achtung Baby is very moving as well, but I think it had a stronger affect on me when it first came out than it does now just because of the place I happened to be in emotionally when that album was released. It was a really rough time in my life, and that album helped see me through it.

October does move me a lot when I listen to it, but overall, it would have to be The Joshua Tree.

NLOTH right now. I had tears during Magnificent, MOS and most of all White as snow. I also find ATYCLB emotional in parts, also JT. AB doesn't move me much, it's a great album, though. I have to say that the emotional potential of the songs really comes alive LIVE for me.

ATYCLB...I know this album gets a bad rap, but it got me through a difficult time in my life, the album just seemed to fit my life then.

Same here! My step dad died of cancer the week after Bob :sad: ATYCLB was there to get me through it, and by god it did! :cute: Jees I am just getting chills typing this :reject:

But I think this Album will go down in my memory as evoking the very same emotions you say Bonogirl777 :heart: It sure tugs at the all emotion strings :up:

I don't think there is any U2 album out there that evokes such an effective range of emotions as NLOTH. This album does pretty much everything -- highs, lows, and everything in between. Other albums have moments that rival anything on NLOTH but not on one album, in my opinion.

I agree, ATYCLB has its emotional moments, but now NLOTH makes you just want to take off your boots. So its NLOTH for me.

NLOTH has had an emotional impact on me that NO u2 album has had on me in the near 30 yrs of listening to them. Its love at first sight.:heart:

i dont know why but after a couple glasses of wine if i listen to Zooropa alone i cry like a baby.....that album just gets to me

nloth does nothing for me, i sometimes wonder if were listening to the same album

I understand that people are loving the new album. I love it, too. But I've loved UF for 25 years. I've had NLOTH for 25 hours. There's no comparison.

Right now, it would have to be Pop, under all the colourful wrapping paper is a deep, emotional and moving album. Songs like DYFL, Mofo, IGWSHA, Gone, IYWTVD and Please are all very moving songs, to me at least. :up:

One of the reasons I see Pop as the forgotten masterpiece.

Back
Top Bottom