Which bands would you like to see open for U2 in 2009-10?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

4U2Play

Refugee
I'll take Glasvegas:

[youtube]scHAGj1PXOM[/youtube]

or these guys:

[youtube]Y8KMC6L0CHo[/youtube]​

Coldplay_3.jpg

:reject::reject::reject::reject::reject::reject::reject::reject::reject::reject:

Arcade Fire, Editors, Glasvegas, Flogging Molly and Kings Of Leon.

Flogging Molly would be great.

I remember seeing The Pogues open for U2 in Edinburgh during The Joshua Tree Tour, they really got the crowd fired up, excellent lead-in for our boys.

I've been thinking about this for a while now and Glasvegas topped my wish-list - but Elbow would be brilliant too!

Absolute nightmare which could become a reality is The Script - let's hope the Irish connection doesn't make this happen :down:

You know who else would be awesome? Daniel Lanois. He doesn't play nearly as often as he should.

Oh, and Elbow. :drool:

i think it's that time in u2's history where they either got a high profile opener or no opener at all.

No Doubt and Kanye West haven't been big enough for you? :wink: I do agree to an extent. The higher profile openers typically haven't come from the same musical space as U2 do, although maybe that's on purpose.

I didn't like KOL either. I saw them 3 times on the Vertigo Tour. The Killers or Snow Patrol would be nice, but The Killers sold out MSG.

I didn't like KOL either. I saw them 3 times on the Vertigo Tour. The Killers or Snow Patrol would be nice, but The Killers sold out MSG.

so did kings of leon...

well... technicaly yes and no. they had no behind the stage seats, but they sold the rest of the arena out so quickly that htey opened up the behind the stage section. some nosebleed tickets in those areas still remain.

No Doubt and Kanye West haven't been big enough for you? :wink: I do agree to an extent. The higher profile openers typically haven't come from the same musical space as U2 do, although maybe that's on purpose.

unless it's someone who i'm really into i'm likely to just skip the opener anyways... so yea, i'd prefer no opener, an earlier start and either a longer concert or at the very least an earlier bed time.

I've always thought it would be great to have David Usher open for them on the Canadian dates. I think he'd be a perfect fit and it'd be great to have David get some exposure and let people experience his live performances. He'd be an awesome fit.

My Way Out
YouTube - David Usher - My Way Out Live

Blinded
YouTube - david usher - blinded live

Kill the Lights
YouTube - David Usher -Kill The Lights - Live 2008

Time of our Lives
YouTube - David Usher - Time Of Our Lives (Bracebridge, ON)

And So We Run
YouTube - David Usher - And So We Run (Peterborough, ON)

unless it's someone who i'm really into i'm likely to just skip the opener anyways... so yea, i'd prefer no opener, an earlier start and either a longer concert or at the very least an earlier bed time.
agreed. i've of course been to plenty of concerts with or without an opener, and i prefer no opener. for all but one or two shows i've been to with an opener, i love the act. but for a band like U2, who are they going to get? it won't be some no-name band no one's heard of. they will at least be semi-popular. some could argue at that point it's not like they need even more promotion. i can see both sides (big bands should be even bigger, or they're big enough already) but i'm selfish.

as much as I like bands that have no openers the likelihood of this happening with U2 doesn't seem so likely. I don't recall them ever not having a opening band of some kind unless it was back in the early early days and my memory is slipping (with old age and all :shrug: ).

Back
Top Bottom