Which bands would you like to see open for U2 in 2009-10?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My Morning Jacket

Doves

MIA

LCD Soundsystem

Band Of Horses

TV On The Radio

Fleet Foxes

If U2 does stadiums My Morning Jacket are ready to fill the space :)

^myself included! My mate only came with me because of Kanye, and left thinking he was rubbish, but bought all the u2 discs.

I was really hoping for the living end in Aus. They love U2, and they had a release that timed pretty well.

This time around, I would be hoping for something more obscure. Either another Irish band to have that theme going (like the Frames), or a smaller Int act, like say Athlete or the Decemberists.

They will probly pick a crap local act like Kisschasy though..

I seriously thought Powderfinger or some crappy Ausrock band like that would open for U2 on the Aussie leg. Not that it mattered, I ended up missing Kanye at the Footy Park show anyway.

The Duke Spirit is my top choice.
saw them open for Crowded House in Belfast and that worked really well
has to be said that the venue was a lot smaller than the ones U2 will be playing
I don't know how that would work out

Mr. Hudson & The Library would be a good option
cause:
A. I love them
B. they opened a couple shows for The Police so it won't be completely new to them

I might be out of line here, but all of the bands mentioned just seem pretty average, nothing particularly great, then again most music is like that nowadays. Even if U2 put out a poor record, it will still be better than all of the bands mentioned here put together

I might be out of line here, but all of the bands mentioned just seem pretty average, nothing particularly great, then again most music is like that nowadays. Even if U2 put out a poor record, it will still be better than all of the bands mentioned here put together

Where's your suggestion? And have you ever seen Mute Math live?

Where's your suggestion? And have you ever seen Mute Math live?

Actually Mute Math are one of those bands that I like quite a bit and I know they have a good reputation live. Besides them, maybe only Muse, but they are too big to support, so that is unrealistic. Kasabian have a few good songs (not a massive fan), but again they can sell out big venues now.

Unfortunately there are not many really good/excellent bands out there, they are all quite average.

Bands like Pendulum or InnerPartySystem could be interesting though.....

I've always thought it would be great to have David Usher open for them on the Canadian dates. I think he'd be a perfect fit and it'd be great to have David get some exposure and let people experience his live performances. He'd be an awesome fit.

My Way Out
YouTube - David Usher - My Way Out Live

Blinded
YouTube - david usher - blinded live

Kill the Lights
YouTube - David Usher -Kill The Lights - Live 2008

Time of our Lives
YouTube - David Usher - Time Of Our Lives (Bracebridge, ON)

And So We Run
YouTube - David Usher - And So We Run (Peterborough, ON)

Moist was a great band, but David Usher is quite boring nowadays in my opinion.

I think My morning jacket, Editors, Deus, Rufus Wainwright, TV on the radio, The Veils would al be great choises

TV on The Radio :up:

in North America: K-OS

for this video alone lol:

YouTube - K-OS - Born To Run

and of course, his hits:

YouTube - k-os- "Man I Used to Be" (FLIGHT808.COM)

he does an amazing segue of The Wall into that tune, live. It rocks. The guitarist is good, really good. Oh yeah, k-OS is full band, live show. :up:

this one's awesome just for the scenes of canadian suburbia and artist cameos:

YouTube - k-os ElectriK HeaT - The SeekWiLL

and of course, Sunday Morning, but for that, Im givin it to ya live..cause he's just that good live (notice acoustic intro which is a segue from the end of Born to Run, which ends acoustically, see first video):

YouTube - K-os - Sunday Morning

and my favorite (wait...I have about 10 favorites lol) :

YouTube - K-OS - "Crucial" (Unplugged)Exclusive VH1

Honestly...I don't know why the US hasn't picked up on him more...he makes Gym Class Heroes look like jokers. He's a true musician in every sense of the word. Oh - and he bangs out new ideas for songs on an old keyboard like a 12 year old :lol:

You know who else would be awesome? Daniel Lanois. He doesn't play nearly as often as he should.

now...THAT ad pay to see. I so wanna see Danny Lanois play a gig. Been a fan since about 1987, but his live appearances are as rare as hens teeth

Back
Top Bottom