Which bands would you like to open U2's next tour?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Did they ever open for U2?

I actually think Verve would be fine, they're on the road again, and their last single rocks!
That's the best band who is around, they kinda suit U2 very well

Apart from all the discussions of Coldplay being a U2 rip off band or not, I don't believe they could ever open for them by now................They have their sphere as one of the best bands around, so I don't think there might be any space for being an opener for this or that other band.............except special nights. Although it would be fine to see Coldplay and U2 in the same night!

I actually think Verve would be fine, they're on the road again, and their last single rocks!

It would be so awesome with the Verve, but they deserve a show of their own.

If Stone Temple Pilots really releases another album or just wants to continue touring that would be great...but all things being innovative and new from U2 I can see them taking Kings Of Leon (edge has mentioned them before).

If Stone Temple Pilots really releases another album or just wants to continue touring that would be great...but all things being innovative and new from U2 I can see them taking Kings Of Leon (edge has mentioned them before).

Kings Of Leon didn't open for U2 on the Vertigo tour? I thought that's where I first heard of them.

spoon (something for everyone)
brmc (so we can rock out)
seether (ditto)
queens of the stone age (dittox2)
arcade fire (what the hell are they doing now?)
arctic monkeys (but they wouldn't do it cuz they think they're too cool)
black kids (they would do it cuz they don't know they're cool yet)
elbow (for those who want to chill out)
lcd soundsystem (so we can dance out)
add some emo groups to round it out.

then take 3 different acts on each leg and rotate.

Nine Inch Nails so they can both enjoy using the wonderful new technology without Trent whining about U2 nicking it from NIN.

Yeah I agree The Verve would be great!
and yes I think Coldplay opened for U2's Slane Castle concert in 2001 on the Elevation Tour,

I would like to see ............

The National :yippie: [ An amazing live band, just fresh to the mainstream scene, after supporting R.E.M on there Accelerate Tour, I think there is a very good chance they will be doing the same for U2!,]

The Verve :happy: [Great band but overated imo, although there live show I seen in July was v impressive, I dont think they have done a proper tour [other then festivals] to support Forth either, good match for a gig, a waterd down U2 imo,

Smashing Pumpkins:rockon: [great band to warm up the crowd imo, and U2 are big fans, and the Pumpkins will be releasing a new album soon aswell!]

Arcade Fire :hyper: [ as somebody said earlier "where the hell are they!?!?" my bet is there off making a new album and keeping it v hush hush, I know after they supported U2 on the Canadian leg of the Vertigo Tour they made alotta negative U2 comments about "running there band like a money grubbing buisness" [Paul Mcguine$$ ] so I dunno how the relationship is between the two bands,

Interpol [another amazing alternative live band imo, I'm not sure from what interview but I know Edge said there were one of his fav bands atm, I dont think the band are up much atm, v possible support band imo,

Muse [ are still in the early stages of writing and recording there new album which they claim is v influenced by early U2 albums, unlikely they would be happy to settle for a supporting role as the have become a huge band in recent years, but id like to see them support, because they could entertain and thrill a full house audience with ease before U2 the real best live band in the world :D.

PLEASE NOT kings of leon AGAIN UUGGGHH :no::yawn:

I hope it is not The Last Shadow Puppets either :yawn: Adams nice drive clip shows that the band have an interest in them,

NOT THE KILLERS ETHER UUGGHHH:rant: , anybody else infuriated by Brandon Flowers " U2 are old and should retire" comments? :madwife: , although they will have a new album out soon and will prolly be planning a tour around the same time as U2's, hopefully not with them, :no: :pray:

Muse [ are still in the early stages of writing and recording there new album which they claim is v influenced by early U2 albums, unlikely they would be happy to settle for a supporting role as the have become a huge band in recent years, but id like to see them support, because they could entertain and thrill a full house audience with ease before U2 the real best live band in the world :D.

I am with you on this :drool:
improbable, but... one can dream :shrug:

MUSE ... I still have to go to a Muse concert (oh how I wish I could), but I saw their live CD's and the audience looks WILD! I don't know if U2 are interested in a support band that leaves the audience totally exhausted. :lol: Muse are a great live band in their own rights.

Editors would be nice as a support band, I saw them as support for REM.

Coldplay? Won't happen. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom