Whats the special announcement tomorrow?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
But I also don't want to believe Bono and Tiesto would ever be in the same room, so there you go.

Sorry, Cobbler.

large.jpg

How sad is it that I'm 95% sure whatever this is will be a letdown. :sad:

Over at the U2.com forums a moderator has started a thread about the "Thanksgiving Special Audio Broadcast". Another moderator has posted a list of Cities all over the world and the specific time of the broadcast in each city. And warns that people should be online one and a half hour before because "all times are aproximate".

Not to be too optimistic, but this almost makes me hope for some sort of live-broadcast of some announcement! At the very least it sounds sort of mysterious. Or could this really be about a Pride-remix??

Over at the U2.com forums a moderator has started a thread about the "Thanksgiving Special Audio Broadcast". Another moderator has posted a list of Cities all over the world and the specific time of the broadcast in each city. And warns that people should be online one and a half hour before because "all times are aproximate".

Not to be too optimistic, but this almost makes me hope for some sort of live-broadcast of some announcement! At the very least it sounds sort of mysterious. Or could this really be about a Pride-remix??

The effort they seem to be making over this sure seems unusual, but i'm still skeptical about new material... I think it's just u2.com's attempt to be a better fan site, a thought which honestly i'd appreciate, even if lack of a new album is frustrating!

"Hi, I'm Adam Clayton and I'm here with some tips to cooking the perfect turkey. Edge will be handling the cranberry sauce and stuffing. Larry will cover desserts and green beans. And Bono's got yams."

But why would they need to stress that the times are approximate if they are just going to broadcast some random remix. Unless Tiesto and Bono are still at it in the studio remixing the hell out of Pride right now and wont be done before 8 pm GMT approximately, it does not make much sense.

But of course since this is U2.com it could well be the case and Bono could be of the opinion that Tiesto is the new Bob Dylan from venus and about to combust. But guess I am a quite curious and hopeful about what it is. A Brian Burton produced album is something I am eager to hear.

This is a new album and tour announcement. It's too much hoopla for less than that.

If it isn't? Then this hoopla is waaaay over the top.

:huh:

God wouldn't that be amazing.

Maybe it will be U2's official cover of Gangnam Style.

I think the attention this is being given is a combination of u2.com trying to be better, and the fact that this tiesto remix is gonna be part of the 'RED' organisation album, so it's a way to promote a new RED product to u2 fans and give them something to tide them over in between album cycles.

No way they would announce an album/single on thanksgiving and only to paid members. U2 would want everyone to hear it.

So it's a live broadcast of... something. A 360 show? Another live performance of some kind? Some of Edge's Picks from the subscriber gift CD?

The fact that they're being secretive about it makes me want to believe that it's something to do with new material; when they've streamed 360 shows in the past, they didn't keep it a secret. A sneak peek at new material would make a fan club subscription a lot more appealing. But I'm not going to get my hopes up.

Back
Top Bottom