Whats the special announcement tomorrow?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh hey guys, I'm getting a different error now!

["message":protected] => string(115) "SQLSTATE[HY000] [2013] Lost connection to MySQL server at 'reading initial communication packet', system error: 111"

That was my original thought, but then I had to admit that to ask people to log on for 90 minutes to see it as some sort of exciting thing is a bit ridiculous.

Just post it. Don't make a big 'event' out of it.

Yeah, the actual act of posting a new remix is great, but advertising it as something super special and exclusive (when the latter it is objectively not), not to mention secretive is a bit much... almost seems like a troll...

Essentially, U2.cmo said to me:

"Hey Dan!!!! Wake up at 5:30... it'll be worth your while!!!"

I said, "sure u2.com - you have been improving lots lately, I trust you"

"Psych!"

20a81op.jpg

That was my original thought, but then I had to admit that to ask people to log on for 90 minutes to see it as some sort of exciting thing is a bit ridiculous.

Just post it. Don't make a big 'event' out of it.

Edit: Or, you know, what chrissybaby said.

To be fair, they probably wanted to try to get the jump on an anticipated leak. As it turns out, they were right to do so.

If I'm being charitable, they probably wanted to make a big event out of it because of the fact that World AIDS Day is four days away -- which, let's remember, is what the track was created for -- and they figured they wanted their fans aware of it days ahead of time. Not, IMHO, a bad strategy.

And they already had the remix up in their gallery before the 'event', then took it down from the gallery so they could present 'brand new, exclusive audio'?? :crack:

To be fair, they probably wanted to try to get the jump on an anticipated leak. As it turns out, they were right to do so.

If I'm being charitable, they probably wanted to make a big event out of it because of the fact that World AIDS Day is four days away -- which, let's remember, is what the track was created for -- and they figured they wanted their fans aware of it days ahead of time. Not, IMHO, a bad strategy.

All they had to do was post it - U2 fans would have still talked about it. And maybe it would have had the message of being for World AIDS Day. Now we're just talking about how lame of an idea this was.

And it leaked hours ago anyway, so they didn't get the jump on anything.

Sometimes it helps getting home a bit later. I just got home (so about 10 minutes after 8PM GMT), log on to U2.com, see the Tiësto remix of Pride, open the story and it is playing now.
OK, thanks. I listened. No drama for me.

:)

Do you still like the remix, digitize? :wink:

I do. I am disappointed, but I think it's a neat remix. It's also nice to hear that Bono's voice seems to be in good shape right now.

I'm not sure we should totally blame U2.com. Sure, this was inartful of them, if they are at all familiar with what some of their more diehard fans are like. But we also got our expectations up tremendously, and perhaps we are just a little obsessed with getting new music. I'm not sure.

Can i just say, it was nice to have people back together, i cannot wait until the day we actually hear some new stuff

Back
Top Bottom