What U2 songs give you goosebumps, chills and/or bring you to tears?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theu2fly

Refugee
"Where the Streets Have No Name" always makes me choke up, for it's beauty.

Listening to those opening notes, which sound like a heavenly bell, and it builds up to this momentous piece of music, which finally just explodes into this amazing song -- I love the live version, hearing the audience applaud, and you can hear the lights beaming at their brightest. You feel like you're apart of the audience.

Bad- from the Boston DVD

One- most live versions, particularly from the Slane DVD and from Popmart Mexico City

Streets- at the Super Bowl, when Bono opened his jacket showing the American flag

Running To Stand Still- it was beautifully done on the Vertigo Tour, IMO

Cedars Of Lebanon- I got goosebumps the first time I listened to this song, with my headphones on. I was just captivated by how haunting the song sounded. It was almost suspenseful.

Streets- at the Super Bowl, when Bono opened his jacket showing the American flag

That was a flawless performance even though his vocals were shot, MLK into Streets was beautiful. Then the curtain coming down, and finally at the end when Bono opened his jacket, it looked like he was crying. Just amazing.

u2gifstreets.gif

Goosebumps - The chiming opening guitar riffs of "Streets"--I hope they NEVER drop that from their show set lists!

Tears - "Stuck in a Moment" and "Walk On", because we heard them a lot during the month that my mom spent in the hospital after her botched heart surgery, before she left us. :sad:

i don't cry, but if i did, the live version "One" from the "Miss Sarajevo" single would probably get me.

One moment comes to mind, would have to be 'Yahweh' on the Chicago DVD and U23D.
The 4 guys standing on the tip of the stage :rockon:

running to stand still (rattle and hum), with or without you (rattle and hum), luminous times (Hold on to Love), beautiful day (the video, because of personal experience) as well as live versions, moment of surrender, and the solos in the fly and until the end of the world get me good:drool:

To this day, I think I've only listened to Mothers of the Disappeared less than 5 times in total, including the PopMart Santiago show because I well up immediately at the opening of the guitar chords. Holiest song in U2's catalogue for me.

Goosebumps have to be AIWIY / Bad / RTSS / Please (choose any) ---> Streets. :heart:

Cedars Of Lebanon- I got goosebumps the first time I listened to this song, with my headphones on. I was just captivated by how haunting the song sounded. It was almost suspenseful.

I agree . Cedars is my favorite song on the new album but it's very heavy , and do to personal issues I haven't been able to listen to as much as I would like , it's to dark for me at the moment .

There's only one song that beings me to tears with out fail , that would be Sometimes You Can’t Make It On Your Own . I guess because it's such a personal song .

The songs that give me goosebumps would be With Or Without You album and the Rattle & Hum version , Running To Stand Still , One Tree Hill , Exit also from R & H . Stay -Dublin 8/28/93. Please and One Popmart Mexico . So Cruel and not a U2 song but I love Bono's vocals in Never Let Me Go .

That's just to name a few .

so many of them.....I do remember hearing Kite and Moment of Surrender and White As Snow for the first time....whoah.
Miss Sarajevo. The First Time. Tomorrow. Gone. Zooropa and Stay. All I Want Is You. and Achtung Baby off the top of my head. so many of them. depending on my mood or what is going on in my life at the moment, it really could be any of so many U2 songs that have this power over me.

Right now it has to be....Magnificent!!! this song is otherworldly!!

Songs that always give me chills:
Love Comes Tumbling
Promenade
11 O' Clock Tick Tock
Mysterious Ways (ZooTV live)
Miss Sarajevo
All I want is You

No U2 song gives me goosebumps, chills and/or brings me to tears. That is, when I hear the record version.

Live however it's a whole different story. Live I get instant goosebumps during the intro of Streets. Especially the moment when the lights go full-on.
And I hold a special place in my heart for Yahweh live. The outdoor version during Vertigo is beautifull. Especially the lights and screen animation make this performance noteworthy.

The one that comes to mind most for me is the segueway from All I Want is You into Streets on the Slane DVD.

All I Want is YOUUUUUUUUUUUOUOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.....Edge guitar intro guitar riff of streets, more YOUUUUUUUUUUUOUOUOUUUUUUUUUU. Thunderous explosing from Larry, Adam, and the crowd!

Streets, Bad, A Sort of Homecoming, Red Hill Mining Town, All I Want is You, Heartland

These are the moments which separate U2 from all other bands for me, the parts where the hair on your neck stands up and shivers run down your spine, where you can feel the prescence of something greater, maybe God, these are 22 of the reasons why I absolutely love U2.
1 the Halleluiah bit on Running to stand still ZOO TV,
2 the whole of An Cat Dubh,
3 the final third of tomorrow,
4 all of Scarlet,
5 the "dance with me turn me around tonight" part from promenade
6 the unforgettable Fire,
7 the intro to Streets
8 the final verse of One Tree Hill "I'll see you again, when the stars fall from the sky" is U2's finest moment.
9 The outro from Mothers of the disapperared,
10 the guitar solo at the end of all I want is you,
11 the guitar lines in live Hawkmoon 269
12 the slide guitar solo in even better than the real thing
13 ALL of the fly, the lines " I kissed your lips and broke your heart" and "you said you'd wait until the end of the world" from until the end of the world,
14 ALL of LOve is blindness.
15The "Staaaaaay" vocal parts in Stay,
16 the final third of zooropa,
17 ALL of The Wanderer,
18 the final third of Mofo,
19 the guitar parts and lyrics of wake up dead man,
20 the final verse of miss sarajevo,
21 the "DAAYYYYY daaayyyy" BIT IN BEAUTIFUL DAY before we get into the final chorus,
22 ALL of Magnificent.

All of these moments and many many more give me goosebumps, the chills and bring me to tears.

Back
Top Bottom