What u2 song makes the best ringtone?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I like Lily. She needs to come out with that new album tho, for real.

I've always heard something about a 2nd album curse. Sophomore slump. Let's hope she avoids it.

i have vertigo for most callers. I also have mysterious ways for a call tone. I use sing for absolution for the hubby, hysteria for a couple others. Is it any wonder for my friend julie. Supermassive Black hole for my bestest bud Lila...:hug:

i used to have the "where the streets have no name" intro from Zootv washington DC, awesome version of the intro, i have also had the guitar solo from the middle of the fly from elevation boston, i had the guitar intro to ultraviolet from zootv washington!

OMG! I just downloaded the intro of In God's Country to my phone! :love:

:bow: myxer.com :bow:

:lol: Glad you like it----I love it as my ringtone!

A colleague told me about this site. They let you upload songs and make your own tones for free! There's probably plenty of sites like these but many probably have spyware and shit. This one looks clean... and fast! :drool:

I'll have to check that out. I used MonkeyBongo.com -- Free Ringtones -- Make your own free ringtones!, but it only lets you record the first 7 seconds of a song.

That Mobile 17 site I posted above lets you record at least 30 seconds, and from any point in the song that you want. Sounds real good too. That was a couple years ago though and I haven't visited since so I'm not sure if all is the same these days.

I've had Native Son, Window in the Skies and NYD before, I also made one from Xanax and Wine (I prefer Fast Cars, but this one sounded better as a ringtone). HMTMKMKM is a great idea though.

BTW anyone who wants to turn any song they have into a ringtone, all you need to do is select the 30 seconds or so you want and cut it in an audio editor, convert it into an MP3 and send it to your phone, for this you need a phone with Bluetooth as well as a computer with it, but its free.

BTW anyone who wants to turn any song they have into a ringtone, all you need to do is select the 30 seconds or so you want and cut it in an audio editor, convert it into an MP3 and send it to your phone, for this you need a phone with Bluetooth as well as a computer with it, but its free.

Hmm...my phone and computer both have bluetooth. :hmm:

or most phones these day have a cable for usb access :) that works too!
I just use Audacity to cut the part I want, and transfer it by cable!

or most phones these day have a cable for usb access :) that works too!
I just use Audacity to cut the part I want, and transfer it by cable!

True, but sometimes the software is designed to only let you transfer certain files...you know ones paid for through your carrier, and in the case of my phone you have to purchase cables and syncing software separately whereas BT is free and built into my phone and macbook.

A colleague told me about this site. They let you upload songs and make your own tones for free! There's probably plenty of sites like these but many probably have spyware and shit. This one looks clean... and fast! :drool:

i just used myxver. Took me a little bit to figure it out but it was pretty easy. Haven't figured out what U2 song to use yet but have sent a Scissor
Sisters song to Mr Cin's phone :lol:

there are some providers that won't let you do this... btw.. :angry: Sprint for one (my provider). They have propriatary software on their phones that block this ability...

Streets, the LONG intro.

oh yeah, hands down!! I have it on my phone, the intro, where it's starts to become audible and love it.

also have the intro on my phone to my own personal special favorite: still haven't found what' i'm looking for, and the intro to "she moves in mysterious ways". every time it rings i just have to dance!! :dancing:

thanks for that zoots! i just d/led the Ultraviolet riff for mine :hi5:

Back
Top Bottom