What U2 album was drug influenced?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The song 'Elvis ate America' I do think is drug influenced. Perhaps not so much the lyrics but the rhythm of it.

have always thought that i can hear "it makes(or takes) illicit drugs" repeated several times at the begining of the song zooropa, its kind of a distorted computer voice mixed in the background with all the "white noise'. any one else hear this? seriously this has been bothering me for 15 years !

have always thought that i can hear "it makes(or takes) illicit drugs" repeated several times at the begining of the song zooropa, its kind of a distorted computer voice mixed in the background with all the "white noise'. any one else hear this? seriously this has been bothering me for 15 years !

Yeah, you mentioned this a couple of days ago, so I gave it a listen...

I don't hear anything remotely sounding like that :shrug:

I had never heard anything like that before either. So I too gave it a listen a couple days ago. I think maybe it's a case of hearing what's been suggested. I did hear it. But I also now hear Bono singing "is love like a taco" in Shadows and Tall Trees thanks to the Misheard Lyrics vids on You Tube. (Of course I don't know how you first heard it.)

Back
Top Bottom