What U2 album has stuck by you the most?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pop. Reminds me of my days as a ten year old. Oh the good old days.

same! :D it's what made me a fan. to put this in perspective, I was listening to it when I was still collecting Beanie Babies :lol: There must have been months when that was all I listened to. Actually I think the first month i just listened to Discotheque on repeat...

But yea, Pop, always there for me. fits any mood. It has carried me through dark times, but I don't associate it with anything negative. it just makes me happy and it will forever be my favourite album by anyone ever.

As an album, I would have to say All That You Can't Leave Behind.
In large part it is because the songs in that album accompanied me through the difficult times after 9/11. That combined with the fact that Elevation was my first U2 tour just made that album have a special place in my :heart:

AB: My first U2 experience. Still love to listen to it, all the way through.
HTDAAB: First Live DVD I owned. Stunning.
ATYCLB: Songs that make you remember that time in American history...9/11, the Superbowl performance......makes you fall in love w/ the band all over again...

Achtung Baby-

I was 19 when AB came out and it just seemed like every pool hall or bar I'd go to, the album would be playing on the jukebox. I was really crazy about this girl at the time and it seemed like many of the songs were describing our wacky friendship/relationship to a tee. Ahh, memories of the early 90's. Good times! :hyper:

Anyway, through good times and bad, Achtung Baby has always been the album I choose to give me that boost. :cool:

Albums just aren't that important to me in the digital era -- everything's usually listened to via playlists or shuffle.

But I would say that the songs of ATYCLB have stuck with me a lot because that album so well captured the zeitgeist of the 9/11 era.

:doh: How sad it is that that's true... but not for me! I prefer to listen to albums, even if they're rips on my computer. I've never been into playlists, I pick and choose songs on my computer sometimes, but I don't waste my time making playlists.

All That You Can't Leave Behind means the most to me. I became a fan in 2001 when I was thirteen and that was my first U2 album. It helped to give me encouragement when I was going through problems with depression and anxiety, so it's like medicine to me.

same! :D it's what made me a fan. to put this in perspective, I was listening to it when I was still collecting Beanie Babies :lol:

Ah, the 90s!

All That You Can't Leave Behind means the most to me. I became a fan in 2001 when I was thirteen and that was my first U2 album. It helped to give me encouragement when I was going through problems with depression and anxiety, so it's like medicine to me.

Ah, the 90s!

beanie babies, tamagotchis, pokemon, that's what's up!

ATYCLB means a lot to me too, I have gone through similar problems of depression/anxiety. It is a quite uplifting album. Beautiful Day never ceases to make me smile, and Walk On is an anthem for me. ATYCLB is the album that brought me back to U2; I was a fan with Pop but for awhile I started listening to boy bands like any kid that age, then ATYCLB brought me back to my man band for good :heart: (man band=condom? lol)

"All That You Can't Leave Behind" is the one.

It's special to me because it was the first U2 album I got, my teenage years started with this one :cute: and for other special personal reasons. It will forever be special to me.

AB

I played that cassette constantly whilst going through some really tough times (guy trouble) So Cruel, One - were perfect for the time, and The Fly rose to my all time #1 song

The Unforgettable Fire... I love every song on the album... this is the album that I listen to when I'm feeling stressed / depressed / tired / joyful / hopeful / happy / excited, etc, etc. It's just always 'there' for me, no matter what my mood, and I never tire of it.

Bad just blows me away everytime. Ironically the desperation of the song provides me with a sense of peace after I've had a hard day... I connect to it more than any other song in the world... Promenade is perhaps one of the most sonically beautiful songs ever... it's pure magic. TUF is earth-shatteringly amazing, and I love Wire and Pride. ASOH is utterly gorgeous, has amazing lyrics and is perhaps my favourite opening song. To end, I feel an overwhelming sense of calm when listening to EPAA and MLK... so, yeah, this is certainly the album that has 'stuck by me the most'. :)

Sounds magnificent. :applaud: Did you do Dockers as well (my favourite U2 spot)?
Me, JT I think, I remember being so blown away on first listen, the day it was released, I remember that day vividly.

:yes: . . . we did The Dockers,, it was during the day and there was not another soul there :ohmy:but the dude behind the bar was lovely and tolerated us for a bit!. . . forgot about that one! :doh: . . . I still remember the feeling of my heart skipping a beat or two as the grafitti slowly started appearing as we headed towards Windmill Lane. . .man, it was all I could do to stop myself kissing the flipping walls I was so excited . . . the goosebumples factor was huge that day!. . .sad but true :lol:

and I just love how music can trigger those sensory memories . . .gloriousness indeed :)

ATYCLB was the first album that I heard from them, and the songs like kite, stuck in a moment, in a little while,.. They keep helping me getting through more difficult times..

:yes: . . . we did The Dockers,, it was during the day and there was not another soul there :ohmy:but the dude behind the bar was lovely and tolerated us for a bit!. . . forgot about that one! :doh: . . . I still remember the feeling of my heart skipping a beat or two as the grafitti slowly started appearing as we headed towards Windmill Lane. . .man, it was all I could do to stop myself kissing the flipping walls I was so excited . . . the goosebumples factor was huge that day!. . .sad but true :lol:

and I just love how music can trigger those sensory memories . . .gloriousness indeed :)
:up: I went to Dockers on a Sunday before lunchtime: the locals were bemused by yet another crazed Aussie, but it was a bit early in the day for me to drink Guinness, not that it stopped me of course.....

And the graffiti in the Lane - every wall and the tarmac was covered in graffiti when I went there!!!!!!! :cute:

Back
Top Bottom