What songs do you predict will be on the NEXT tour?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

IanIinTheSky

Acrobat
Obviously we don't really know too much about where U2's next direction will be heading, but for the hell of it I was wondering what songs you guys think could pop up on the next tour?

I don't really see too much Pop being played unless the band suddenly reverses course in their attitudes about the album.

I'll just throw it out there that I could see some Rattle and Hum songs like Desire, Angel of Harlem, ans especially When Loves Comes To Town being played again.

I swear that every time I turn on my Sirius Radio that When Loves Comes To Town is being played.

Maybe they'll give Drowning Man, IGWSHA, or Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own another shot.

Something from Pop. I think they will probably throw a Discotheque in here and there to finally quiet some diehards down. :lol: Could be time to put Please back in though if there is some sort of issue Bono is close with at the moment.

Other than that and new material obviously, I would guess we are going to see Bullet return for some shows. And I wouldn't be surprised if In God's Country made a comeback. Gloria is always possible, hopefully something from October. Maybe the title track in place of those Miss S. moments where bono wants to slow it down and set a mood. From NLOTH, I'm worried we aren't going to see a whole lot. Mag, GOYB and MOS have a chance imo, nothing else really.

I think the only locks to be played every single night are Streets, One, Beautiful Day and Vertigo.

I'm sure we'll see a bunch of the usual suspects often - until the end of the world, mysterious ways, still haven't found, elevation, with or without you - but it wouldn't surprise me if they weren't being played every night at least to start.

if they are going to play something off of Pop, my guess is that it'll be Gone. maybe Last Night on Earth. Good to keep Bono on guitar for another song or two, lets him save some more energy so that he doesn't feel like he has to be running around, and he actually played fairly well this tour I thought.

My list of wishes for next tour:

Miracle Drug
Kite
Dirty Day
Mofo
Heartland
Drowning Man
Running To Stand Still
No Line On The Horizon

Warhorses + 5 new tracks + 4 or 5 underdogs

I think that sums it up pretty nicely, though I'd reckon 1-2 more new tracks and 1-2 less "underdogs"!

I love some of these tunes they've dug out especially on the last two tours and I'm really looking forward to what they could possibly pull out next time around without repeating themselves. So maybe...
  • POP gets a remaster by then (don't think that'll be a special anniversary thing) and they'll actually play a tune from that one
  • Maybe lean towards some WAR album (Two Hearts?)
  • Stuff from the late 80's that they haven't played in a while (Exit, anyone?)...
  • Stuff from the 00's: Their ATYCLB fondness screams "Kite" and the bomb might have something in reserve as well instead of COBL.

I think that sums it up pretty nicely, though I'd reckon 1-2 more new tracks and 1-2 less "underdogs"!

I love some of these tunes they've dug out especially on the last two tours and I'm really looking forward to what they could possibly pull out next time around without repeating themselves. So maybe...
  • POP gets a remaster by then (don't think that'll be a special anniversary thing) and they'll actually play a tune from that one
  • Maybe lean towards some WAR album (Two Hearts?)
  • Stuff from the late 80's that they haven't played in a while (Exit, anyone?)...
  • Stuff from the 00's: Their ATYCLB fondness screams "Kite" and the bomb might have something in reserve as well instead of COBL.

Definitely lean toward WAR!! Two Hearts would be awesome!

I know Bono has talked about doing an arena tour next time and playing arities. However, at 15-20K per show, you still have a huge casual fan base there who still want to do the hits. Your Blue Room would be a dud with 15,000 people just as much as it was with 70,000 people. Arena shows may be a little more intimate, and allow the band to get away with a little more than a big stadium show, but not much.

I wish U2 would do a few residencies in small venues, make it for fanclub only or something, and do entire shows with NO HITS. Maybe 5 shows per residency, in like LA, Chicago, NY, Toronto, Dublin, London, Paris, Milan, Sydney, Sao Paulo, etc. I live in Ohio, but I would travel to NYC or LA for this type of show if I had to. That's my dream.

In all reality, next tour will have all the warhorses, 5-6 new songs (which will be reduced to 4 by the end of the tour), lame, predictable acoustic number(s), and maybe 3 spots in the set for non hits... although UTEOTW will take up one of these spots, of course.

Do you think when they go out to the bar, Bullet the Blue Sky is like "hey guys remember me?!" and Streets/WOWY/One/SBS/Pride all just snicker and look down at him in their "Warhorse" varisty jackets?

BTBS: b..b..but, I had such a huge part in the theatrics last tour, you guys! Bono was blindfolded and waving flares during me!

oh, and disney channel star corbin bleu was named after me by his dear ol' dad :wink:

I know Bono has talked about doing an arena tour next time and playing arities. However, at 15-20K per show, you still have a huge casual fan base there who still want to do the hits. Your Blue Room would be a dud with 15,000 people just as much as it was with 70,000 people. Arena shows may be a little more intimate, and allow the band to get away with a little more than a big stadium show, but not much.

Good post. However, "never trust a cowboy" in Bono's words, assuming he thinks of himself as the cowboy:lol:, but us fans can indeed dream of arenas next tour. With a band icon like U2, yo're always gonna get the casual JTAB fan/ the couple who comes in just for WOWY cos they saw in on Friends. But I agree, at 20,000 capacity, the casual local fans will be quite significant. Us forum posters and multiple show devotees will probably only fill the pit, numbers-wise.

I wish U2 would do a few residencies in small venues, make it for fanclub only or something, and do entire shows with NO HITS. Maybe 5 shows per residency, in like LA, Chicago, NY, Toronto, Dublin, London, Paris, Milan, Sydney, Sao Paulo, etc. I live in Ohio, but I would travel to NYC or LA for this type of show if I had to. That's my dream.

I have a similar dream too. "Club" (as intimate as U2 can get) shows, tickets sold only to U2.com members. I hate u2.com and am not a member, but I guess that's the most official way for management to judge who the fans are. One ticket per membership. Our fantasy club show is NOT the place to introduce your friends to U2, or to bring your yawning spouse. It's like going to the inner sanctum of Mecca for us diehards! I think you're fantasizing a little too much though. 5 shows at the 10 or so popular cities you've mentioned is being too wishful, I think.

In all reality, next tour will have all the warhorses, 5-6 new songs (which will be reduced to 4 by the end of the tour), lame, predictable acoustic number(s), and maybe 3 spots in the set for non hits... although UTEOTW will take up one of these spots, of course.

I fret that GOYB will be considered a warhorse, at least cos it was the lead single and U2 always feels obligated to give the casuals the lead single from each album. As of now, Elevation :)crack:) and Vertigo are staples, who's to say GOYB won't be added because they think it's a crowd pleaser? (I guess it sorta is high energy). Expanding repertoire of warhorses/obligted staples + customary 4-6 new songs = less room for surprise gems and rarities

I fret that GOYB will be considered a warhorse, at least cos it was the lead single and U2 always feels obligated to give the casuals the lead single from each album.

the fly wasn't played on Popmart, Discotheque was dropped halfway through Elevation and saw just two Vertigo performances and only snippet form on 360. the fly also disappeared on Elevation as well.

Lemon.

A man can dream...

We can all dream, but I think we have a better chance of hearing Acrobat. Bono said he could only hit Lemon's falsetto as Macphisto, and he retired Macphisto after Zoo TV ended.

I can see Love Comes Tumbling, seeing how it's Larry's favorite and he's stated how he's wanted to play it live.

Acrobat would be a dream come true, and pretty much anything from Pop would be amazing.

Lemon would be lovely to see after all these years though...

^Hand it over to Edge in a Mrs Macphisto get-up?

I think they're all too mature for get-ups. Except Bono, who had no trouble experimenting with eye-liner

I thought he was too mature to even remotely pull it off.

Thankfully, I'm assuming he thought the same, as it never ended up happening beyond a few frightening magazine photos.

I thought he was too mature to even remotely pull it off.

Thankfully, I'm assuming he thought the same, as it never ended up happening beyond a few frightening magazine photos.

Looked like the genesis of a new character, like MacPhisto. I thought it would be interesting if they pulled it off, but odds were they're too old for that shit.

I think you're spot- on.

i remember back during Vertigo we all said it'd be great if they dusted off Lemon and Edge did the falsetto. but given the fact that its written about or mostly based on memories/home movies of his late Mother, I wouldn't be surprised if he'd rather just keep hold of a song that personal rather than have his bandmate sing it if they ever brought it back and he was incapable of singing it himself.

would love to have heard it live back in the day though :drool: not to mention Daddy's Gonna Pay.......and Zooropa!! :love::love: ......oh wait, yeah they brought that one back for the last leg then neutered the set at Glastonbury. :angry:

Back
Top Bottom